Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,595

Link977

A featured forum(s) type deal

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Tasuki

WiiAboutU wrote:

How often do the moderators review this thread?

As far as I know it quite often. What I think is its just a matter of finding time for them to add all this stuff.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WiiAboutU

Tasuki wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

How often do the moderators review this thread?

As far as I know it quite often. What I think is its just a matter of finding time for them to add all this stuff.

I wasn't referring to how long it would take to see changes to the website. I ment how long does it usually take to receive a reply from the moderators in this thread?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

theblackdragon

@WiiAboutU: the only person who really matters in terms of what will and will not be implemented eventually is Ant, and he's a busy guy — we of the moderation staff have no real official say regarding what will eventually get through and what won't (though we can certainly give our opinions on what you guys are asking for if that's what you want, and we do give our opinions behind the scenes when asked by him what we think will work and what won't). if you want a direct answer from Ant, try the Contact Form.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

WiiAboutU

Like I mentioned in this thread before, I really wish we had some type of buddy messaging system. That way we would know if they are online. It would make it much more convenient to get in touch with each other. And possibly be able to invite them to converse about a certain topic or thread.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

I wonder if the upcoming forum update will somehow involve what I've suggested? That would be awesome. (<:

James

Check out the forums on our other sites to see what they could be like

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

James

@WaveBoy I currently write about 10 news articles a day that probably contain around 30+ BBCode tags. I reckon if I can cope with typing blahblahblah all day long every day, you guys can manage too

I'm going to roll out an oldie but a goodie here:

We are planning to upgrade the forums in the future but at the moment Ant just hasn't got the time. All suggestions are welcomed though!

James

Tasuki

@Waveboy: I honestly dont find it at all a problem I dont mind typing in the commands at all. If you are getting annoyed by it maybe you should post less pic.

@James: I dont mean any offense here just in case it is taken that way but all I hear is Ant hasnt got the time and hes busy. I am just curious is Nintendo Life something that you all do on the side for fun or is it an actual business if you dont mind me asking?

My Backlog

James

@Tasuki We are all volunteers who work this around our paying day jobs.

James

19Robb92

Some kind of messaging service so you can send little text to people.

Everyone should have some kind of presentation that you can write stuff in, either that or some kind of 'blog' option.

Would be nice if you got a little personal notification with a link to the thread when you get quoted by someone so that you don't have to remember all the threads you've posted in to follow a discussion.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tasuki

James wrote:

@Tasuki We are all volunteers who work this around our paying day jobs.

Ah thats what I thought but I wasnt sure. I have to say that even you though you all are volunteers this site is way more organized, and mod friend than sites that are run as a full time job. I do hope you werent offend by my previous question.

My Backlog

James

RE: site messaging/notifications.

We put something into place earlier this year that should allow much easier notifications and in-site messaging too. There's still a way to go but it'll happen.

@Tasuki To be honest I thought it was common knowledge that we all do this as a hobby, so no, I wasn't offended.

James

Tasuki

James wrote:

RE: site messaging/notifications.

We put something into place earlier this year that should allow much easier notifications and in-site messaging too. There's still a way to go but it'll happen.

@Tasuki To be honest I thought it was common knowledge that we all do this as a hobby, so no, I wasn't offended.

I thought some of you voulnteered and others I thought it was a regular job.

My Backlog

James

Nope, we all do this for love, not money.

James

19Robb92

You should be able to quote more than one person per post. For me the site does a update when I quote someone and when I try to quote another person in the same post the site updates and all the text I had before it disappears.

You should be able to press quote more than one time without a site update and get more than one post quoted per post.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

pikku

19Robb92 wrote:

You should be able to quote more than one person per post. For me the site does a update when I quote someone and when I try to quote another person in the same post the site updates and all the text I had before it disappears.

You should be able to press quote more than one time without a site update and get more than one post quoted per post.

Use the [ quote ] [ /quote ] and you can quote as many as you want.

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

FonistofCruxis

I like the tabs at the top, I hope they stay the same. I think you should be able to organise the wiiware, dsiware, 3DSvc and 3DSware games by price and it would be different depending on the region that has been selected. I also really hope a pm system is implemented soon.

Shadow_Chad6982

There should be a search bar for the fourms to see/find a fourm topic so there's not so many double topics. and a PM messaging system

Everything is impossible if we think it is. Often all it takes is for one person to strongly believe that something can be achieved and to continue pursuing that goal to the end. - Satoru Iwata

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6817-9967 | Nintendo Network ID: Rasheon_Falcon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic