Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,597

jump

Blair Witch is fairly tame, it's no worse than Five Night At Freddys and is just filled with jump scares. There's been ads for games far worse like Wolfenstein on here.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

OMG a Blair Witch ad. Someone get these babies their bottles. Honestly it's a game this is a gaming site deal with it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

I really want an Option to hide any disturbing articles especially rated 18+ articles.
I don't even want to see the pictures nor even read the title / words even by accidentally. I have quite photographic memory so any disturbing pictures will be traced in my brain forever as core memory. So, whenever i see disturbing articles, i just click the Hide option and they will be hidden, vanished from my eyes.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@Tasuki @Zuljaras Sure, he ads can be there. I don’t care about that. But does the ad have to play? Can’t you at least turn that feature off? It doesn’t matter that much, but other websites let you turn off motion.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Tasuki

Can we just have one Ranking thread?? Lately I have been seeing alot of Ranking X game and Ranking X Mobile Game and Ranking X Console. How bout just one thread? It Having all these Ranking threads clutters up the forums and when you look at the forum sidebar on the main page and see nothing but ranking forums it just looks bad.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

The only thing I think would be a huge benefit would be private messaging to specific users. Especially when want to hand over a code for a game to someone, or give your email address.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

The only thing I think would be a huge benefit would be private messaging to specific users. Especially when want to hand over a code for a game to someone, or give your email address.

While I agree with this and think a PM system would be beneficial overall, like many other things it's a double-edged sword as I can see it being easily abused. A way to report or implement some sort of moderation proceedings would be needed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

@Tyranexx Agreed. Mods should get to see PM’s, or at least there should be a report option.

Imo, there just shouldn’t be a PM system period.

WoomyNNYes

There was a user that seemed to have special needs, and another user hadn't picked up on it, was kind of rough on them in this context. I wanted to send a friendly message to that user to mention it, but didn't have a way to do it.

Any advice mods? Granted, I don't know if I'll ever encounter that scenario again.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

I think they have said before they specifically don't want people to have private messages.

You can always do what others do on here and @ someone in the comments on an old article.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Tyranexx

Typically I've also gotten around it by using @ in an old article or page that few if any visit.

Tl;dr - I definitely can see the uses for a PM system, but that also opens up all sorts of unsavory doors that I can see the site staff not wanting to be responsible for.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tasuki

@Tyranexx I know in the past that's why there isn't a PM system. Ant has said main times that a PM system can be more trouble then it's worth, and I can understand his thoughts on that. I can't even tell you how many nasty messages I have gotten on PSN or Xbox Live PM and it could be seeing as cyber bullying.

A friend of mine use to like to play the Call of Duty games, he wasn't very good mind you and usually would play with us but one day he tried to play on his own. Long story short he got berated with PMs with stuff like You need to kill yourself cause you can't play the game, **** off *** and even someone saying they were going to SWAT him because he was so bad at the game. He hasn't played Call of Duty since

I know that's an extreme case but still I can see Ant not wanting to open that can of worms for reasons like this.

My Backlog

WoomyNNYes

Thanks for the input, @Tasuki. Good idea, but they didn't have any social sites posted here, and I didn't want to share mine with them

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@Tasuki You're getting at one of the PM abuses I was referring to: cyber bullying. I won't get into some of the other abuses that drifted through my head, though suffice it to say I know said issues happen elsewhere on the internet.

I'm also speaking from a dev perspective as I know a system like that can open up all sorts of liabilities and headaches.

Quarth

Please add a toolbox for the posts, for example a button for automatic spoiler tags. Pleeeeease! 😇

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

jump

^To add to that I’d like a strike through font if there’s a tool box.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

Since I notice alot of new users don't like to use the search function before making a new thread and then there is the problem of users necroposting I was thinking that if there was a way to have threads delete after maybe six months of non activity. I think it would also make the forums look a bit more tidy as well.

My Backlog

BabyYoda71

@Tasuki But then, people who currently revive dead general threads (which is allowed, if I’m correct) would keep making sequel threads or v2 threads. Your idea would be great, it just shouldn’t count on general threads.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic