Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,261 to 1,270 of 1,270

Quarth

@antdickens Please, can you do something about the headlines?

They are sometimes confusing to read, as you use capital letters at the beginning of every new word. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the title of the game is, when it doesn't stand out.

For example, what is easier to read, this:

NEWS Killer Ducks And Deadly Chickens Star In Blazing Beaks, A Twin-Stick Shooter Out On Switch Today

or this:

NEWS Killer ducks and deadly chickens star in Blazing Beaks, a twin-stick shooter out on Switch today

?

Readability is very important. Just my thoughts.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

antdickens

@Quarth it's called Title Case and it's an editorial stylistic choice that we've used since day one - it's a common style choice across news publications. You don't capitalise every single word though, so it would be more like:

"Killer Ducks and Deadly Chickens Star in Blazing Beaks, a Twin-Stick Shooter Out On Switch Today"

It's not something we're looking at changing to be honest, but it's useful feedback

Edited on by antdickens

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

BacklogBlues

Come on Sell some of those sweet NintendoLife shirts on this site. It could be free advertisement for this site and you could make a buck or two. Or if your worried about getting into retail, returns Ect. you at least a couple of times a year have some fun giveaways where you give them away. RULES: One entry per Household and Size desired must be stated at time of entry or a random size will be selected. and of course Sorry no returns or exchanges as this was a free giveaway and sizes where deter-mend at entry. But basically i just want one of those sweet shirts.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
Final Fantasy X HD
Fast RMX
Yoku's Island Express
Monster Boy: And the Cursed Kingdom

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

BacklogBlues

Cool @antdickens i've got $50 coming to ya if your a yes vote or will change your vote to yes.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
Final Fantasy X HD
Fast RMX
Yoku's Island Express
Monster Boy: And the Cursed Kingdom

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Quarth

@antdickens Maybe you can put game titles in commas?

NEWS Killer Ducks And Deadly Chickens Star In "Blazing Beaks", A Twin-Stick Shooter Out On Switch Today

"You don't capitalise every single word though"

But every word is capitalised in your headlines. Or do I misunderstand your answer?

Thanks for the reply, anyway.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Morpheel

Maybe the game name could be a darker shade of color compared to the rest of the title

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

klingki

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe the game name could be a darker shade of color compared to the rest fkt he title

Yeah, or like italicized or something.

klingki

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe the game name could be a darker shade of color compared to the rest fkt he title

The main reason why I make game titles bold in many of my posts is to make them easier to read and to make them stand out.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic