Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,201 to 1,218 of 1,218

NintonicGamer

Dark themes for websites are becoming popular, do you think NintendoLife needs a dark theme or a night mode?

NintonicGamer

the_shpydar

I suppose a night mode option would be okay, though personally i can't stand them. Reading white text on black background (which tends to be the standard for dark/night modes) seriously bothers my eyes after more than a minute.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Yosheel

Maybe a green theme, like the one they added to the kindle app.

It’s dark green text on light green backgrounds, kinda like the GB, but softer.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

I often see mods in the forums locking threads that get "revived" after having been dead for a while. If that's the case, couldn't you guys just set the site to auto-lock any dead thread after a certain amount of time? Seems like it would save you a lot of trouble.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

SuperLuigi111

I was actually about to comment on this, so I'm glad it's already being talked about. I don't understand why it's bad to revive an old thread. It's better than making a new one. This is the first forum I've been on where that's seen as a bad thing.

SuperLuigi111

ReaderRagfish

@SuperLuigi111 This is the first forum I've been on where reviving old threads is sometimes not a bad thing. The other forums I've been to it's frowned upon no matter the situation, sometimes to the extent that threads are automatically locked after a month or so of inactivity.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

SuperLuigi111

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@SuperLuigi111 This is the first forum I've been on where reviving old threads is sometimes not a bad thing. The other forums I've been to it's frowned upon no matter the situation, sometimes to the extent that threads are automatically locked after a month or so of inactivity.

Strange, I've never encountered that. I imagine it would waste more space the site uses to have multiple threads on the same thing.

SuperLuigi111

Bunkerneath

Just a thought, but on a game's pages you have the developer, what about if you click on that it shows all the games by them.

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Have you guys ever considered having a "Shameless self-promotion" thread. A set portion of the forums where people are allowed to link to their YouTube channels, their Sonic Deviantart OCs and their surveys for college papers? I know you guys block it in the regular forums and I am glad you do. But I think it would be reasonable to have a separate page in the forums for it.

Personally the way I would go about it is that when you click on it (and I would call it the "Shameless Self-Promotion" thread there would be a disclaimer where you point out that the following page contains links to external websites to which NintendoLife has no affiliation to and that you proceed at your own risk. I would also suggest having a rules list for this thread pinned at the top, where you state the obvious like "no linking to adult websites, no linking to rom/piracy websites"

It's just an idea. A way for people to share things in a dedicated spot hidden safely behind a disclaimer.

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@antdickens Yup, a specific thread for it is exactly what I was talking about. Glad to see you're open to it!

Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

Um....
Maybe a Filter that i can Censor any articles that contain rated 18+ games.
Just like Parental Control Apps for Switch.
When i Strictly allowed until rated Teen, i cannot even see any images of rated 18+ games from Switch News. That's a Big help for me.

So, for this website, maybe on the corner of each article has a button to Close the arcticle from View if i found Inappropriate articles, just to make sure younger audiences will NOT Able to access such games information like that.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Octane

@Anti-Matter All the kids play PUBG and Call of Duty these days, they're used to it

Just don't click on the articles if you don't want to see them.

Octane

NewAdvent

@Octane I actually think he's got a neat idea even though his reasoning is heavily skewed.

Why not have a personalised home page which shows articles you might have missed which are relevant to your interests? it could be filtered by tags, and you could put it on a separate tab so you can switch between the main news feed and your personalise news feed. The 'Timeline' is already a thing, but it seems a little redundant given that articles generally appear in chronological order anyway.

NewAdvent

My Nintendo: NewAdvent | Nintendo Network ID: NewAdvent

RXShorty

Could you setup a redirect from http to https.
So that everybody is using the TLS certificate.
Thanks!

RXShorty

Heavyarms55

RXShorty wrote:

Could you setup a redirect from http to https.
So that everybody is using the TLS certificate.
Thanks!

I second this request.

Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic