Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,580

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs
> check if ReaderRagfihs made the thread
>> check if title contains "OT"
>>> delete immediately

Octane

Eel

If you put Wii and DS in the retro forum, you’ll have several grandpas complaining.

And seeing how the WiiU and the 3DS are completely backwards compatible with the Wii and the DS respectively (and they belong to the same system families), I think it makes perfect sense.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@antdickens Is there a way to automatically have threads lock after six months or so of no activity. I feel this would cut down on the necroposting and maybe even help clear up confusion on how old a thread is too old to be used.

I was @ by a user today for a post I made 3 years ago.

Also I feel that it will help prevent spammers from posting in older threads in hopes of hiding their links.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

Oh I have an idea. You know how the site changes colors with different themes?

Maybe it would be nice to let users pick a color for their profile, to complement their avatar/banner.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe it would be nice to let users pick a color for their profile, to complement their avatar/banner.

@antdickens That would be super fun!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

I'd like this as well. I don't tend to mind the changing themes much, but I do prefer the Wii/Wii U blue theme over Switch Red.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

gcunit

Anyone else find the thumbsdown button more of an annoyance than it's worth?

Reading through the comments section for the My Time At Portia review and seeing that 5+ users have downvoted posts celebrating the inclusiveness of the same-sex relationships in the game just seems distasteful to me. Can only be veiled homophobia or prejudice against particular users. Does @NintendoLife want to be a site where LGBT users can just be downvote bombed?

Similarly, certain users just seem to get any comment they make downvoted by, presumably, a certain group of users. Just because the victim cannot directly see the downvotes themselves, it doesn't stop it coming across as bullying etc. to third party users.

I don't want to see it.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Pluto14

@gcunit I completely agree that the thumbsdown button adds nothing to the comment section. If you don't like a comment, just ignore it. If you think that a comment is inappropiate, report it. Disliking a comment does literally nothing: The user who made the comment can't see the dislikes and those who can see them aren't affected in a positive way.

Pluto14

Laoak

@gcunit Completely agree. I was shocked to see that as well on the Same-Sex posts. I'm not part of that community but don't have a problem with people in it. Those who disagree should just keep opinions for theirself

{funny quote here}

Eel

To be fair, Charlie and Anti already a have a bit of a cult following that dislike their comments no matter what they post. But yeah I don’t find he dislike button to be particularly useful.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I don't see the point of the dislike button either. While I believe most obvious troll posts deserve it (Though I usually put said trolls on my Ignore list anyway), I feel like it adds no value and comes off as abusive at times to some users. It's true that the targeted users and guests/users not logged in can't see them, but I sometimes feel myself irked about another user's downvoted comment when I can't distinguish anything wrong with it. It's almost like an in-joke at another person's expense.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

PK_Willow

I'm a lurker that visits almost everyday but would like to add my 2 cents. I agree with others that the downvotes don't really add anything to the experience on the website. It does come across as bullying, ESPECIALLY in targeting certain users. It is kinda sad to see pro-LGBT posts get disliked a lot as someone who is part of that group. I know NintendoLife is not a hateful website/community but someone new to the website might get the wrong idea.

NNID: Ruki_the_Human

antdickens

@PK_Willow thanks for the feedback, however, we're going to be sticking with the system for the time being. It's actually really useful behind the scenes so we can keep track of problematic users more easily. We get much more feedback this way, it's also caused a fairly significant decline in arguments on the site. No system is going to be perfect, but on balance we're happy with it being a net positive for the community.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Lroy

Does this forum have support for the TapaTalk app? Recently went back to using it after many, many years away.

It basically serves as a means to view and post in all your forums in once place.

Proving handy for uploading screenshots to forums without the need for using a separate photo hosting site.

I did a search within the TapaTalk app but can’t find Nintendo Life there?!

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

PK_Willow

@antdickens Thanks for the response. If you get more feedback in the name of growth and improvement, I guess it makes it worth it. Decline in arguments is also good and something I guess I haven't thought about. I hope what I said wasn't offensive in anyway, I guess just wanted to say I agreed with past posters. Just want to take some time to say thanks for everything you do in making the site function, it's appreciated. NintendoLife is a site I spend a lot of time visiting so it's nice to get a response from someone behind the scenes, albeit even if it's in the name of feedback.

NNID: Ruki_the_Human

bimmy-lee

I love reading reviews, and sometimes I get vocal if I feel the site isn’t pumping out enough to suit my fancy; so it’s only fair to heap praise when praise is due. The amount of reviews so far this week (especially eShop/indie titles) is staggering. I can’t keep up, but I will get to each one of them, and I really appreciate the effort. I imagine a review is the most expensive piece of journalism for NL to publish, but I think they’re the most important. Thanks! I hope the frequency can be maintained, or something close to it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic