Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,571

James

@V8_ninja We're laying the foundations for a feature like that. Stay tuned.

@Frimelda We're going to be giving the site a bit of a spruce up this year

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

BulbasaurusRex

Why is there now an underscore in my username? I prefer it as two seperate words with a space inbetween them.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

jaffa

Azikira wrote:

I think a way to send notes to other users would be a very welcome addition. Of course if your worried about harassment, you could add a block-list, too! :3

This
and I would like to see a like button for comments/posts

Edited on by jaffa

jaffa

SigourneyBeaver

One thing I wouldn't mind is forward and back buttons on the reviews banner at th etop of the page to save waiting for the next one to come round. I know, I'm lazy!

Sigourney Beaver.

Aviator

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

One thing I wouldn't mind is forward and back buttons on the reviews banner at th etop of the page to save waiting for the next one to come round. I know, I'm lazy!

I would like this too. Sometimes there are the reviews that you've missed/looking at comments/wanting to read again that have been bumped off the primary page due to news, features, other reviews etc.

Also, it would be nice to have navigation buttons for the forums at the top of the page. Especially for when your looking through for a post, and you have to scroll down to change pages.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

retired_account

James wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, what Raylax Sushi said. It's getting cluttered up there to the point of ugliness.

We're redesigning this year, so this is only a temporary look, don't worry.

Oh that's awesome. Looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, and I third SignoureyBeaver's request, but I imagine that'll come around in the redesign. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

BadKitty

i like the site i think it should have a notification center or a chatroom or something like that for certain people great site

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

Raylax

I FOUNDS ME A BUG I DID.

Clicking on your own avatar in the user box at the top of the page on any page of NL's subdomains (wii.nintendolife.com, dsi.nintendolife.com, etc) gives you a Page Not Found (because it links to subdomain.nintendolife.com/users/Username rather than www.nintendolife[etc]).

THIS IS CRITICAL AND MUST BE REPAIRED IMMEDIATELY. THE WORLD IS IN DANGER.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

andyutd97

How about youtube comments system. Just a idea but I think it would be great if we got to this like/dislike each others comments.

andyutd97

t3gamenews

here something that i would like to see.
in the games section, there's Title, Region, Publisher, Players, Genre Filters.
would be cool if there was a wifi filter, for those that only want to view wifi compatible games.

t3gamenews

V8_Ninja

You know, I've been thinking about the whole user reviews issue, and I think I've got a little idea; why not make a "User Reviews" section of the forums? Seeing as how a new forum section doesn't seem to be hard to implement, it would be a great way to let the community get in on reviewing. Also, this would open up user reviews to more than just games.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

y2josh

I think V8_Ninja has a great idea

y2josh

StarBoy91

y2josh wrote:

I think V8_Ninja has a great idea

Yeah, I second that notion

To each their own

WiiAboutU

Why isn't there some type of a messaging system? Like an inbox for our NintendoLife accounts, so that we may send messages discreetly to specific users of our choice. It could be personally regulated by means of a message blocking system. And it could be censored by the ability to report foul or offensive material. Just like the report button in the NintendoLife forum threads. Why isn't there a NintendoLife instant messaging system, with relatively the same components?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Mabbit

Gmls719 wrote:

I have a new idea. How about a thread where every week we do a popularity poll where we put one character aganist the other like:

Mario VS. Link

Samurai Warriors VS. Muramasa

Kefka VS. Seporith yeah for butchering names

And on some occasions we can do team battles such as the Mario Brothers vs. Sonic and tails

And lastly we can do a free for all for example Princess Peach VS. Princess Daisy VS. Rosalina VS. Pualine

This is just something I just thought of in my head and as a result, some parts are not completly skectched out but if we put some work into it this can be a great idea for the NL fourm.

That's already possible without real polls on the forums. You can start a topic about it if you want
And I think that with the combined effort of the people of these forums, we could start an animated series, it's jusst a matter of structure and organization and motivation which is something that we kinda lack...

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

WiiAboutU

How often do the moderators review this thread?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic