Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,597

Tasuki

@Heavyarms55 No it's suppose to do something more then just be a counter to the heart icon but what that is only Ant knows for now.

My guess I think the reason we can't see our own downvote count is because it's some sort of anti trolling measure. Maybe like if a comment is downvoted so many times it doesn't show for others or something along those lines, but that's just my guess

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Heavyarms55

@Tasuki Huh, I suppose that is possible. Not really a fan if that is the case. Personally I don't think any comment should be removed unless it violates the community guidelines. Rather I think it would be better to leave it, and let it be down-voted.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

GeoChrome

@UstedButler What do you mean by a guest book?

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Heavyarms55

I know you guys normally just lock threads, and I think that is a reasonable thing. But I just noticed that the Nintendo Mobile page is overflowing with pointless locked threads at this point. I feel like you might want to break with tradition and clean that up. Or even just bump them down somehow, if you have the ability. Just a thought.

Tasuki

@Heavyarms55 Yeah I mentioned that as well awhile back that they need to stop the Pokemon Go FC Spammers as well.

Honestly I am beginning to think their spam detection systems needs an overhaul or something

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Heavyarms55

@Tasuki I don't think it is a system. I am pretty sure it is just the human moderators. I don't think there is much they can do to prevent the spammers, beside having a pinned PoGo FC thread. But there is no need to have piles of locked threads for the same things.

gcunit

@Heavyarms55 Mods can archive threads, they just don't bother.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit I archive pretty much all of the Pkmn GO spam threads. I'll take a look and clean it up if there are any left.

Except for one or two threads (which are now gone), they're all at least 3 months old at this point. The sub-forum just isn't very active I guess.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Given how much closer Microsoft and Nintendo have gotten in the past year with things like crossplay, will Nintendo Life be doing a stream with chat for the Microsoft E3 conference this year in case anything Nintendo appears?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

I'd like to see community/user versions of the ranking articles like best Mario Karts, Nintendo consoles etc.

I'm always interested in the NL staff picks, but doing a user poll/survey would be nice too. Especially since people get so salty with comments like "terrible list NL!!" , it'll give those folks a chance to give their own ranking.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

GeoChrome

I know it’s been talked about before, but would it be okay if we made a thread just for advertising?

GeoChrome

@CurryPowderKeg79 I believe this is done when there are big sales, but the additions you made are great. I’m always scouring to find what games that are discounted are good and which are just shovelware.

GeoChrome

I think we should have a cap for how many threads a user can create in a day to mitigate spam. Thoughts?

Octane

@antdickens Do you have any idea when the automatic closing of old threads goes into effect? Or was it a PushSquare only thing? If not, we may need to start adding ''OT'' to the appropriate threads.

Octane

antdickens

@Octane yep, I can enable that now. Same rules? Any topic with the last post over 1 year old gets locked, any topic that is locked and over 18 months old gets archived. Thoughts? That'll remove the vast majority of topics from the default views.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Octane

@antdickens Archiving wouldn't be necessary I think; what if people are still looking for specific answers that have been answered before? You can't search for archived threads, right? But that's up to you!

I'll edit most of the game specific threads to include "OT" in the title.

And while we're on the topic. Have you ever thought about merging all the Wii-related forums into a single Wii forum, just like the single Switch forum? Same with Wii U, DS and 3DS. These are a lot less active nowadays and I personally see no reason to keep it all separated.

Octane

antdickens

@Octane yep, you can search archived topics (it will search them by default) they just don't show in the browsing/listings anymore. So I think that's probably the best approach. I can certainly exclude any with "OT" in the title from being affected, it will also ignore any sticky threads.

As for merging, yep, I intend to do that as well as it should make things a lot neater

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Octane

@antdickens Alright, in that case I can see your point!

@Delibheel Well, maybe DS and Wii can go into the Retro forum instead. I think that makes more sense.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic