Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,597

Peek-a-boo

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Just avert your eyes man.

Anyhoo, just popping in here to ask how one can embed a Twitter post thingummy, and I also wish to echo the above posts with regards to slimming down the number of folders for each individual system(s).

Monkey_Balls wrote:

If you mean:

Wii U eShop, Wii U Virtual Console > one forum.
3DS eShop, 3DS Virtual Console > one forum.
WiiWare, Wii Virtual Console > one forum.
Switch eShop, Switch Virtual Console(?) > one forum.

That would be much better.

That would be a very welcome change indeed!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Click on the Tweet, copy the URL and paste it in your comment. Like this:

No formatting needed!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Octane

Whoops! Apparently it doesn't work with the mobile links!

Octane

Octane

@TomboyAjna You're right! I tried that in the URL, but I got an error. I may have removed a bit too much I think.

@Anti-Matter You shouldn't ask us. It's not our site, we're just moderators. But just... ignore them? There's nothing wrong with those images, they're safe for everyone to see.

Octane

rjejr

@Octane Is there a forum subchannel for MyNintendo? I know it's a horrible mess and 90% of the posts would be negative, but I was looking for something about it and wasn't sure where to go.

And sort of related - I agree w/ monkeyboy about Switch getting more Forum Channels. Obviously not a "VC" channel, but splitting up the games into physical and eShop would be nice. There are a dozen or so new eShop games every week, and I don't care about 95% of them, so just having a forum for physical games might appeal to people. (Don't do it for me, I'm not in here that often.) So make it 2, the current Channel "Nintendo Switch" and add a new one "Switch eShop". Hopefully after E3 the Switch one will have more to write about.

Also, as to my earlier question, maybe make a combined Channel for Nintendo Account, MyNintendo and Nintendo Switch Online. You can call it "Tres Nintendos". Or not.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Anti-Matter

Um...
For Administrator, i would like to see an "Ignore" button for each articles, so if i felt disturbed by some offensive articles (rated 18+ topics) i can Remove them from my sight whenever i access this website by press the "Ignore" button and they will never showed up, because i concerned about younger kids when i access this website with some articles about rated 18+ games. Even just only a Preview images, for me it still an Abusive contents, not safe to watch.
When i joined on this site back on 2016, i rarely see rated 18+ games on Nintendo, but now, i see more rated 18+ talked about, i felt disturbed.
I would be happy if Administrator can consider about that and can improve this website with better features.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Octane

@rjejr It's in General Discussion. Here's the My Nintendo thread.

It's not my say, but I do think that the lines between digital and physical games have blurred over the years. It doesn't really make sense to split them up anymore. I understood the reasoning behind it during the Wii days, digital games were launched on the WiiWare platform, and were exclusively digital. Similarly, physical games were exclusively physical. But these days you can get any game digitally, likewise we also see many indie games getting physical editions later on. To add to the confusion, there's a few games that are digital-only in Europe, but have a physical edition in North America.

Octane

rjejr

@Octane "To add to the confusion, there's a few games that are digital-only in Europe, but have a physical edition in North America."

Ok, forgot about that, so I'll give you that one.

My 2nd option would be "Nintnedo Switch" and "Switch Indie" if you don't like "Switch eShop" since Indie is pretty synonymous w/ eShop anyway, but then you have to deal with games like "Child of Light" by Ubisoft so that wouldn't be a very smooth division either. But Switch should have more than 1 Channel, the optics are wrong.

Thanks for the MyNintneod link. I was confused yesterday b/c I got 60 gold points for Labo, physical obviously, when I thought it should only be 12 like under the old model, I knew about the 1 cent per 1 gold point change but not about the point increase for physical.

Hopefully at some point MyNintnedo will get Switch worthy. It actually isn't a bad little free side story for people who only play mobile games, the hidden treasures on the DK and FE websites were a fun distraction for a couple of minutes, and Nintendo is really into mobile now w/ SMR, FEH and AC, with more on the way. But they should have called it My Mobile Nintendo and left the switch out of it, it's still insulting to Switch owners. But maybe they'll tie it into NSO and it will get better. Can't get worse.

Thanks again, have fun w/ poor Anti's eyesight, I'm not sure how that guy can even survive on the internet at all to get to NL. Though I do feel him, as a dad I once complained to Ant for having ads for some horrible reality show on the site, some southern redneck version of Jersey Shore, may have been Party Down South. And I don't know if it was him or just coincidence, but a few days later those ads were gone. Then Trump ran for President and I realized I couldn't protect my kids no more. Sad.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Octane

@antdickens What's your stance on the NES and SNES Mini when it comes to homebrew? We've had a few reports in the past weeks of users discussing homebrew. They're technically old systems, right? Or do they fall under the ''current gen'' label?

Octane

antdickens

@Octane happy for people to discuss NES/SNES mini hacking as you need to buy the device to do it anyway (and can’t buy extra games). Obviously we still don’t want direct links to ROM sites though. The rule is more about not supporting pirating of games for current systems.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

@antdickens Oh yeah, is the 3DS considered last gen at this point? I was wondering if anyone managed to try out that Citra emulator, I tried to look into it but I got annoyed with all the countless downloads I had to make. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Bleh, alright then. Oh well.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Zuljaras

Any way to consider Fan Art or Fan Gaming Creations in the forums?
Not like advertisement but like personal threads with the users fan creations and stuff.

Zuljaras

@Octane is it possible to start my own thread there sharing my game project and details about it. Gameplay, videos, demo, art etc.
I am asking first because I don't want to make advertisment thread against the rules and to be closed.

Octane

@Zuljaras I've asked the other moderators about it, but I haven't gotten a reply yet!

For now it's best to stick to the existing threads (artists thread, chit-chat thread etc.), as we always close threads when (new) users specifically want to talk about their game (as a form of advertisement).

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic