Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,597

Haruki_NLI

@Sir_Anthony Well for one its a QoL feature. Most if not every site allows it. You can put yourself in, you should be able to take yourself out.

As for why I feel the need to? Well outside from my Splatoon buddies, I have no reason to be here, and they can all find me elsewhere.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

link3710

I love the game library feature on this website, I've been using it since the Switch came out to keep track of what's on the way. However, I'm finding it harder and harder to find games that I haven't marked as want/maybe/no as time goes on. A way to search for games that specifically aren't in your library (preferably by system as well) would be much appreciated.

link3710

link3710

If you're going to keep putting up spoilery images, taglines, and article titles, can you please put in an option to block spoilers at least? I'd like to not have to abandon this site every time a new game is coming out or just released (a.k.a. always lately). (Apologies for the snippiness but twice in a week is really getting to me)

link3710

Pluto14

I also really like the game library. I don't know if anyone else cares about the game library of other people, but I would love to see that you can choose what your favorite Nintendo game of all time is. So the idea is to add a mark with 'All-time favorite' alongside the have/had/want marks!

Pluto14

gcunit

I know I've said this before, but please add forum page navigation buttons to the top of the page. Having to scroll to the bottom does my nut.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jimmyjames

May have been suggested but unsure. When you search for a game, on the overview tab could you put under the price info the download memory and sd requirements? Consider me blind if this info is in an easy to find place.

jimmyjames

AwedecaiGames

I was wondering if it would be possible if we could insert images in our signatures.
... Maybe even create buttons with BB Codes.

Why doesn't NintendoLife have this?

I’m Awedecai! I’m an Artist/Animator & I play games | Subscribe! ► http://bit.ly/2xR6nKU

Octane

@AwedecaiGames Because the point of a forum is the comments and replies, not the memes and GIFs in-between. The current lay-out makes it so you can't fit more than two comments on a single page. Allowing users to insert images in their signatures would only make things worse IMO.

Octane

AwedecaiGames

@Tsurii @Octane

Haha, Ok I'm getting the vibe that I'm not the first person that has asked this.

Ehh for the record, I was just interested in buttons, & I'm not familiar with forums that don't allow them in their signatures, so I thought I'd ask first since I joined a day ago lol

Thanks for the response anyways!

Edited on by AwedecaiGames

I’m Awedecai! I’m an Artist/Animator & I play games | Subscribe! ► http://bit.ly/2xR6nKU

shani

It would be great if the URL of a forum thread would always open the last page of that thread.
This is a widespread standard in all the other forums I know and should be a no-brainer.

Like, when I click the thread title in the forums or when I have bookmarked the thread, I always want to land on the last page at the last post.
Instead, when I click the thread title, it shows me the first page.
And when I have bookmarked a thread in my browser and open that bookmark, I always land on a page from several months ago (from when I bookmarked it).

gcunit wrote:

I know I've said this before, but please add forum page navigation buttons to the top of the page. Having to scroll to the bottom does my nut.

+1

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Octane

@shani That only happens for threads with unread messages, so any thread that's in red. It takes to to the first new message since you left the thread. Any thread that's in grey, and it takes you to the first page, since you've already read the last reply. You can still click on the ''00 mins ago'' on the right side, and it takes you to the latest post.

@antdickens Whenever I edit a post on the forums, and save the edit, it takes me to the post I just edited, which I quite useful for checking if everything worked. However, this doesn't work in the comment section underneath articles. Editing a post and saving takes me back to the top of the page, is there a way to implement a similar feature where it takes me back to the post I just edited. Trying to scroll through the posts or searching for it manually can take a bit of time – especially if it's an article with 100+ comments – and it would be really useful if the site directed me to that post right away.

Octane

shani

@Octane That's way too cumbersome and a really bad solution regarding the UX.
No one wants to read all the unread posts in a thread since their last visit. And it's also not standard behaviour for online forums.

E.g. I have the Splatoon 2 thread - a really long thread - in my browser's speeddial and whenever I open it, I obviously want to see the most recent posts (on the last page). If I want to read more, I can go one or two pages back from there.

But instead, my bookmark is tied to a specific page and unless I constantly update the bookmark myself, it's always outdated.
That's really unneccessary and shouldn't be a problem since other forums handle it better.

Octane wrote:

@shani That only happens for threads with unread messages

Well that's basically every thread then.
And why would I want to see the first page (from months or years ago) again when I've already read the last post? That makes no sense at all. If I have read the last post, I obviously have read the first post as well.

It wouldn't even make sense for smaller threads or my own threads. I don't want to read the/my initial post, I want to read the most recent replies because they're more relevant.

TLDR; No matter what the users has read or not, it should just always go to the last post by default. Just like in every other forum in the world.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Octane

@shani I prefer it this way to be honest. Like I said, you can always go to the latest post by clicking the time stamp ''00 mins ago'' on the right side of the screen.

Octane

shani

@Octane That's the thing, the timestamp also just links to a specific post.
For example, right now it says '18 mins ago by Octane' and it's linked to https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/ideas_for_the_sit...

So if I bookmark this and open my bookmark in a few days, it will only lead me to your post, not to the most recent one. Which means it's just as useless as bookmarking page 54 of this thread...

Usually both use cases (yours and mine) should be possible - as they are in other forums - so I don't get why this forum is different.

Edited on by shani

Octane

@shani What you're looking for is a URL that always takes you to the last page. Something like https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/ideas_for_the_site/last. Am I right? That's indeed not a thing (yet?).

Octane

Octane

@antdickens Embedding Twitter links and YouTube videos don't seem to work anymore. YouTube still works via the old way (youtube:video_code), but the link itself doesn't embed the Tweet or video anymore.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic