Forums

Topic: How comments work on Nintendo Life

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

WolfRamHeart

I've seen some of the arguments that result from people voting down other people on Joystiq and it is not a pretty sight. That is the last thing I want to see here on Nintendo Life! I can only see this leading to people abusing this system and causing much bigger problems for everyone on this site. It does sound like a great idea for reducing spam and offensive comments as Adam mentioned but I too fear that people will just end up unfairly targeting other people with comments that they do not agree with or maybe as a form of retaliation. I believe that we here at Nintendo Life are better than this kind of petty behavior and I don't want a system that would end up doing more harm than good!

WolfRamHeart

Vendetta

I like it the way it is.
BTW, if there were a comment rating system already in place, this entire thread would be greyed out by each side's opposition.

Vendetta

JoeDiddley

I just think voting is judging your comments in a less constructive way than having a dialogue about it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Dazza

We're getting the message loud and clear guys! We'll leave the comments system as it is for the time being

We haven't forgotton about the readers review system BTW... watch this space, we might have it ready for you by Christmas! lol

Dazza

wanderlustwarrior

I think some of you might be giving NintendoLife as a community too little credit. I'd say we're mature enough to handle discussions civilly (as long as they don't have to do with Michael Jackson or Intellectual Property rights...)

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

Adam

Dazza, what is Blanka doing? I'm concerned.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

wanderlustwarrior

Yeah! What is he... Is that Cammy? Oh, how i wish i was a green skinned Brazilian with random electric powers

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

Dazza

Blanka is just giving Cammy a nice backrub... maybe it looks more sinister as a 60px square!!

Dazza

Knux

I like the comment system the way it is.

Knux

wanderlustwarrior

really gives "killerbee assault" and "cannon drill" new meanings, doesn't it?

Machu

Dazza wrote:

Blanka is just giving Cammy a nice backrub... maybe it looks more sinister as a 60px square!!

Yeah I wondered what was going on there.

Rawr!

Corbs

Ah Daz changed his avatar. Maybe I should change mine too.

Plain old gamer :)

WolfRamHeart

Hey Corbie, I dare you to change it!

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.