Forums

Topic: Have Your Say: Future of these Forums (+ Features)

Posts 41 to 55 of 55

Aviator

Aviator wrote:

Arn't I important to you Ant??

also gif avatars??

Gee that was stupid. I meant gif emoticons.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

blurays

Are there any plans to add a private message feature to the forums?
A spoiler tag as previous mentioned would also be useful.

blurays

Adam

pHaT-aNt_ wrote:

DO NOT suggest Private Messaging

Now you done it. You goin to NL jail, boy.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

LzWinky

pHaT-aNt_ wrote:

DO NOT suggest Private Messaging

Aww dang, now how am I supposed to make fun of people? I suppose I'll have to do it in front of them

Oh, and I want more smileys!! And fix the angel one

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

zezhyrule wrote:

Keep 'em PS3 Wii compatible.

Why not PSWii compatible?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Raylax

Here's an idea that might offer a solution to the new users/rank things. Our User Profile pages don't have a whole lot of information on them. How about implementing a little AJAX so that when a username is clicked on, it pops up a little box with the join/location/website info under the username? Then the box hides again when the username is clicked a second time. This way mods can quickly see new members without having to load new pages and new members aren't pushed away by having a 'low' rank.

Not sure my description's very good, so here's a quick mock-up:
Untitled

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

CanisWolfred

Listen, all I want is a forum-specific search function. And polls, but you already said no. I can't find Jack **** using the general search. It's not even good for finding articles. It's good for nothing!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

Raylax has a great idea right there. Maybe for mods and such, don't put a join date and just put, in it's place, the mod, staff, etc. thing. You could also reward long-time users with a special status

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Paperclip

(besides polls, stickies, and PMs) I would like to vote for more stuff in profiles (friend codes maybe, post lists so we can remember where we actually posted, whatever else you guys think of), a good search engine in the forums, mods being able to merge topics (since everything is locked all the time to point of it getting really annoying), and an actual 'reply' button that brings you to a reply page for people who don't know the smilies/various effects like bolding, linking or imaging.

Edited on by Paperclip

Check out my classy comics.

theblackdragon

i agree regarding the merging of topics, though there has to be some way of notifying users that their topic has not disappeared, it's just been merged into an existing one. perhaps that would be something solved by the PM system?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

gaminguy

theblackdragon wrote:

i agree regarding the merging of topics, though there has to be some way of notifying users that their topic has not disappeared, it's just been merged into an existing one. perhaps that would be something solved by the PM system?

IF the pm system never happens, every user has to put in their email, so that would work

sup, I will give you advice if you ask.
FC:
Wii Console:3985-2203-0804-1295
SSBB:0173-0975-3949
MKW:3738-0981-3164
Toribash:3481-69299534
HG-1162-1907-7904
Goldeneye:514439432409

Paperclip

gaminguy wrote:

IF the pm system never happens, every user has to put in their email, so that would work

Ugh, but that would require having to be on a separate site, and actually having to check your email regularly. A PM system would just make everything so much easier.

Check out my classy comics.

antdickens

Okay that's probably enough feedback for now, thanks to everyone who contributed, your suggestions will be considered For those talking about private messaging, we are likely to add that - but as a site wide feature - not just as part of the forums.

If you have any further suggestions / ideas then please email me via the contact form.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.