Forums

Topic: Excessive Locking of Topics

Posts 41 to 52 of 52

Reala

SigourneyBeaver wrote:

if there was a decent search function it would make searching for relevant threads easier...

I'm pretty sure its on the to do list, in the meantime I use google's advanced search which brings up the option to search within a domain where you can type the url https://www.nintendolife.com/ or narrow it down further with https://www.nintendolife.com/forums or https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/retro depending on how wide or narrow your search is, then just type in words associated with what your looking for.

Reala

grumblebuzzz

I've posted other threads long, long ago and gotten those locked as well. Actually, I don't think I've ever had a thread not get locked on Nintendolife. I mean rules are rules, and I understand and am fully aware that you moderators do have to enforce those rules, but I find it easier now to just not create threads. Not trying to bring any drama into the Nintendolife world or anything like that, just stating my opinion. Maybe it comes down to a "everything's been said before" kind of thing; it's hard to come up with something that no one has ever posted about on here ever before without just coming up with some silly or abstract topic.

I love this site. It's one of only a handful of gaming forums that i frequent regularly, so I am not dissatisfied with it or anything of the sort. I do apologize if my thread came off as negative toward the staff here, but a fact is a fact — Nintendolife is a bit more strict than other gaming forums.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

theblackdragon

@Mully: no prob, i just wanted to lay everything out in the open was all (in case there'd been any misunderstanding). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

k8sMum

on sort of the same topic: i have never reported a post, but i have noticed the old f-bomb appearing more lately in some threads. i have no problem with it except this is a site where there are a lot of younger members. do you suggest our reporting such posts when we see them? i know it must be difficult for mods to find every incident. thanks.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

theblackdragon

@k8sMum: by all means, please do! we're only human, and though we do our best to knock 'em out when we see 'em, we do miss a profanity or two here and there. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@k8sMum: by all means, please do! we're only human, and though we do our best to knock 'em out when we see 'em, we do miss a profanity or two here and there. :3

I have to say you Mods do catch the profanity alot better than other forums which is one reason I let my son look through your site.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ToadFan

I do think that the moderator's on here do everything here for a reason, and it's nice of the mod's and staff to lock topics. I mean they take there own time and effort to make this place more organized and such, but I do kinda think that the locking's are a tiny bit too generic sometimes, but the staff is just trying to be on the safe side.

ToadFan

BJQ1972

I buy a lot of games. I could give recommendations to people, can give people technical advice about all sorts of things such as best options for audio and video set up etc, but quite frankly I have had it with the thread police on these forums. The amount of threads that are locked is way over the top.

At the end of the the day most people only go on forums to seek advice or to help people out, but for me that's it.

BJQ1972

Nintendo Network ID: BJQ1972

Tasuki

BJQ1972 wrote:

I buy a lot of games. I could give recommendations to people, can give people technical advice about all sorts of things such as best options for audio and video set up etc, but quite frankly I have had it with the thread police on these forums. The amount of threads that are locked is way over the top.

At the end of the the day most people only go on forums to seek advice or to help people out, but for me that's it.

But no one said you couldnt participate in these forums. As I have said many of times I am glad that the mods keep an eye on these forums like they do other wise they would be full of troll topics and repeat topics like the forums on Gamespot, Amazon and many others. But if thats you thing maybe you should check out those sites.

On a side note I have noticed that the locked threads has become a big issue is there some way that you the mods can delete the locked threads so they dont clutter up the forums? Maybe if they were deleted people wont complain so much about locked threads.

Edited on by James

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

James

@Tasuki Yes we can delete them, but often we leave them for a few days so users can more easily find a link to the ongoing discussion.

@BJQ1972 I'm sorry you feel that way, but the fact is with over 25,000 members the forums would soon be overrun if we didn't try to maintain order and keep active threads going. We always try to give reasons why something is locked and never lock anything if it's not justified by our community policy. If you want to discuss this more in-depth with one of us, please use the Contact form to get in touch with the admin team and we'll be happy to chat about it more

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

John-John

It's only bothered me once. I can't remember what the thread was. I haven't been foruming for very long though, so I may notice in the future.

John-John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.