Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Euro prices for downloadables in E-shop

Showing 21 to 40 of 44

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

21. Posted:

@ Nintendolife:

After another wait of two month (so nearly 5 month since January...) I have to ask again: Why are the prices of the eShop-titles on their gamepages still only in Pounds, and not in Euro, too?

Tethers

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

22. Posted:

@Tethers Errr... let me see what I can do :)

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

23. Posted:

antdickens wrote:

@Tethers Errr... let me see what I can do :)

But 5 month ago you said:

antdickens wrote:

Be patient, we're working on it :)

So does this mean that you have never worked on it? ;)

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

24. Posted:

@Nintendolife: After half a year you still didn't give me a really answer on this topic. Why does it seems so impossible just to write the Euro-price next to the UK-price, in this simple way?

Edited on by Tethers

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

25. Posted:

This thread has over 3300 views (!), and even after contacting Nintendolife directly I still don't get an answer, it's unbelievable..

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

26. Posted:

...Hello?

Now there are over 3400 (!!) views of this thread...

What should I do to get a member of Nintendolife answering me?

Edited on by Tethers

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

27. Posted:

Tethers wrote:

This thread has over 3300 views (!), and even after contacting Nintendolife directly I still don't get an answer, it's unbelievable..

Tethers wrote:

...Hello?

Now there are over 3400 (!!) views of this thread...

What should I do to get a member of Nintendolife answering me?

?

Tethers

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

28. Posted:

@Tethers: I'm gonna have to step in and ask you to calm down before saying something that you'll regret later. If they did not answer you the first time, then try a follow up e-mail. The admins' inboxes may be filled and your inquiry may have gotten lost or Ant may have forgotten about doing it because of his busy schedule. Try using the contact form again.

Edited on by WaLzgi

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

29. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Try using the contact form again.

I've done this again already a few days ago. The curious thing is: dhowerter opened a thread and 4 days later he got an answer; RPGShaymin opened a thread and on the same day (!) he got an answer from a NL-member and 5 days later from antdickens that they made some changes because of that...

So I think they are fully aware of this thread and the problem.

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

30. Posted:

Tethers wrote:

...Hello?

Now there are over 3400 (!!) views of this thread...

What should I do to get a member of Nintendolife answering me?

Wow, and now over 3500 (!!) views of this thread...

Mmh, if I have to wait another six month for a real answer?

Edited on by Tethers

Tethers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knubbsal

31. Posted:

Seems pretty clear they rather have you use a different site than this one :p

AC:NL dream address: 7800-2289-7675

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6359-9900

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

32. Posted:

But I can't understand this behaviour. I mean it seems pretty clear, with now over 3600 (!!) views of this thread, that I am not the only one who is very interested in this topic. Also, I just don't understand that the Euro prices on the game pages are missing. I mean the only work to put these numbers on the game pages is to copy/paste them, so where is the problem?

Tethers

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

33. Posted:

@Tethers as you know this isn't really a priority for the website, however when I have some free time we'll see what we can do. We don't want to add extra workload to our staff and therefore whatever solution will be purely automated.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

34. Posted:

Why can't the rest of Europe just use Pound Sterling?

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

35. Posted:

@Chris720 that's what I'm thinking ;)

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

36. Posted:

Finally an answer, thanks!

antdickens wrote:

@Tethers as you know this isn't really a priority for the website

But why not? The majority of gamers in Europe use the Euro as a currency, so it doesn't really makes sense to list all the games just in Pound Sterling. In a certain way it would be senseless to list the prices of the games only in Euro, too, but even so this would make more sense than the actual situation...

antdickens wrote:

however when I have some free time we'll see what we can do. We don't want to add extra workload to our staff

I said this already: I don't talk about "old" games. You don't even put the actual Euro-price on the pages of the NEW games, although it wouldn't be more workload, because all you have to do is to copy/paste not just the Pound Sterling price, but also the Euro price on the page...

P.S.: Please give me some answers on my questions/annotations...

Edited on by Tethers

Tethers

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

37. Posted:

@Tethers it's not a priority as the majority of our traffic comes from the US & UK, which is why we've stuck to USD & GBP pricing for all this time.

Again, we won't be manually adding EU pricing, however we will add an automated calculation which isn't any work for our staff.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

38. Posted:

Do you think the editors can actually be bothered to keep copying and pasting different prices to every single game page? EvilLordHades no, how boring and tedious! I would rather sit my naked backside on a cactus.

Besides, what is so important about knowing the Euro price on this one website when you can easily see it on the eShop or quickly look through Google Currency converter.

Edited on by WaLzgi

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tethers

39. Posted:

antdickens wrote:

@Tethers it's not a priority as the majority of our traffic comes from the US & UK, which is why we've stuck to USD & GBP pricing for all this time.

Because this topic has over 3'700 views, isn't it at least an indication for Nintendolife that many other seem to be interested on this?

antdickens wrote:

Again, we won't be manually adding EU pricing, however we will add an automated calculation which isn't any work for our staff.

May I ask you how the staff in general put the priceson the game pages? Automatically or manually? If the first: I can't imagine that it would be much work to change the program code for this little automatism. If the second: Copy/Paste remains copy/paste.

Chris720 wrote:

Do you think the editors can actually be bothered to keep copying and pasting different prices to every single game page? Hell no, how boring and tedious! I would rather sit my naked backside on a cactus.

How often do I have to say that: I don't talk about old games, but the new ones...

Chris720 wrote:

Besides, what is so important about knowing the Euro price on this one website when you can easily see it on the eShop or quickly look through Google Currency converter.

Why is it so important to post the price in Pound Sterling when you can easily see it on the eShop or quickly look through Google Currency converter?

Tethers

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

antdickens

40. Posted:

Tethers wrote:

Because this topic has over 3'700 views, isn't it at least an indication for Nintendolife that many other seem to be interested on this?

Not really, the number of views doesn't directly indicate the number of people interested, there are many factors that go into that number.

Tethers wrote:

May I ask you how the staff in general put the priceson the game pages? Automatically or manually? If the first: I can't imagine that it would be much work to change the program code for this little automatism. If the second: Copy/Paste remains copy/paste.

We manually enter UK/US pricing, therefore we can automate the EU pricing. Copy/pasting the EU prices would be unnecessary additional work.

Tethers wrote:

Why is it so important to post the price in Pound Sterling when you can easily see it on the eShop or quickly look through Google Currency converter?

I think that's the point Chris was making, it isn't difficult to see the EU price on the eShop or through Google Currency :P

Anyway, as I said, when we get some time we'll add this currency conversion to save you doing so.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox

Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter: antdickens