Forums

Topic: Email notifications

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Bakajin

So, I'm not a huge forum user, here or at other sites, but I like me a good forum conversation now and again. But as much as I like the community here the lack of email notifications for threads one has commented on keeps me from participating more. Starting up this topic I can click on the Yes underneath Watch this topic: and I'll be (almost-)instantly notified when someone posts in here, but there doesn't seem to be any notifications like these for when you merely comment on a thread. In my profile settings I've got Yes clicked under Receive Emails From Us? for all that I never receive NintendoLife emails. Am I missing something? Is there any way that function can be added to the forums?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

theblackdragon

Above every thread to the right are two links, one for 'Post Reply' and another for 'Watch Topic'. Is that what you're asking for, a way to get e-mail notifications from threads you haven't personally created?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bakajin

I had a feeling it was something real simple . . . Thanks.

theblackdragon

no problem, it's easy to miss stuff when it's right in front of your face; i do it all the time lol D:

that said, if you've got topics watched and are not receiving e-mail notifications, you'll want to use the contact form to let the admins know. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Bakajin

Okay, next question: is there any way we can get automatic-topic-watching-added-when-commenting-on-a-thread added? It would be so bad if I could just click [color=blue]Watch Topic[/color] and be done with it, but getting yanked out of the thread to confirm yes, I want to watch the topic, is really annoying.

Edited on by Bakajin

theblackdragon

are you using a browser that has tabs? if so, i usually open stuff i know will ask for confirmation in a new tab and keep doing what i'm doing in the existing one. then, when i'm done, i just close the one tab and confirm in the other one.

having it be automatic wouldn't be a good thing, i don't think, mainly because everyone's inboxes would wind up stuffed to the gills with notifications, lol. having it be an option you can click just before hitting 'post reply' wouldn't be a bad idea, though, IMO.

BEST THREAD EVER

Bakajin

That's not a bad idea, though I usually always have fifteen tabs going at once that navigating those can be a pain.

On an unrelated note, do you know what I'm doing wrong with my BBCode up above? I don't use it a whole lot, but as far as I can tell I have that written out correctly. Even tried adding in the British U to the word in case you can set BBCode parameters to British spelling, kind of like the spellcheck on this site always has a problem with my American spellings, but unsurprisingly enough that didn't help.

CanisWolfred

Here's a question: How do I STOP getting email notifications? Because I clicked "No" in the Checkbox that says "Recieve Email Notifications", yet I still get them. It's really, really annoying, and it fills up my in-box really fast, which I then have to sort through to find the important stuff. I might just have to change my email address, but if there's any way that I can stop it myself, I would appreciate it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

James

At the top of every topic should be an option to "unwatch topic". That should do the trick!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Aviator

Bakajin wrote:

That's not a bad idea, though I usually always have fifteen tabs going at once that navigating those can be a pain.

On an unrelated note, do you know what I'm doing wrong with my BBCode up above? I don't use it a whole lot, but as far as I can tell I have that written out correctly. Even tried adding in the British U to the word in case you can set BBCode parameters to British spelling, kind of like the spellcheck on this site always has a problem with my American spellings, but unsurprisingly enough that didn't help.

I don't think the forums allow the use of colored BBCode.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

HolyMackerel

@Bakajin The spell checking is done by your web browser, not the forum itself. You should correctly set your language and dictionary in your browser settings.

HolyMackerel

Bakajin

If you say so, but this seems to be the only site where my browser tries to make me to spell Britishly.

Raylax

Bakajin wrote:

If you say so, but this seems to be the only site where my browser tries to make me to spell Britishly.

It has detected that the British spellings are completely superior in every way to your daft American versions.

If you want me I'll be the one over there wearing a monocle and drinking tea.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Bakajin

Well, fair enough. I love me an extra U here or there, and if I have to drink out of a can I'd prefer it to be aluminium.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.