Forums

Topic: E3 2012: How did we do?

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

James

Hi guys,

So now E3 is done and dusted I want to see what you guys made of our E3 coverage this year. Hopefully you noticed the massive improvements we've made over last year: site uptime and load speed was much better than last year, even though we had more than twice as many users on the site!

With that said, let's hear anything else you have to say about our E3 offering. What was good, what needs work, that sort of thing!

Thanks all!

(A very tired and proud) James

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

NinChocolate

The site was great! Got all my E3 needs met from NL alone so that's good. The auto updated comments were fun especially for the 3DS conference. I used to be very loyal to gamespot back in the day when Phil and the old gang were all there but now this is the only site I use for gaming updates and reviews so I'm also proud of the website.

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Q: Will Corbs be doing any 3DS floor demo impressions write ups for this year ?

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

That's awesome! I love reading anything he writes up on 3ds games as I think we have similar preferences and likes there. Looking very forward to it as I plan to play a number of them upon release.

NinChocolate

Aviator

I think this year was really good.

The improvements made behind the scene really helped out (800+ comments on a single page), and I'm sure that NL got a lot of hits.

James and all the staff have to be commended on the amount of effort they put in. The videos, livetexting, 1am tinychats (writing reports on 3DS software after 3am D:) were all great.

It's a shame that the conferences were disappointing because the coverage on NL (and its sister sites) were far from that.

The only issue and it's a really small issue (I <3 you corbs) I would have is that we haven't heard much from Corbs. But it's hard to complain when understandably, one man covering Nintendo, Sony and Kinect can only do so much and I look forward to reading all his impressions over the next few days. Also, he is still keeping up his E3 appearances.
Untitled

All in all. NintendoLife has once again blew us away, and I look forward to the next year of stuff.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

kyuubikid213

It was great! For some reason, my computer didn't respond after the E3 Press Conference, but other than that, you guys rocked!

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

LordJumpMad

This preatty much sums up Nintendo's E3
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Was great. I really liked the video reactions.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MAB

Yes James and crew you all should be proud of your work, not just for E3 but every day/week/month/year that has passed since the beginning of NL you all put in the hard yards and dig deep for the cause so I commend your efforts and hereby grant NL the King of all game sites until the end of eternity. Cheers everyone. Peace

PS - I thought there was nothing wrong with Nintendos E3 showing and I will be getting alot of those games for my shiny new WiiU and I look forward to reading NL reviews and I hope you guys and gals are as excited as me about it

MAB

James

Avi — I'm pretty certain that's Kevin Cassidy from GoNintendo, actually

James

Aviator

I saw a bandana and presumed.

unless corbs is wearing an invisible bandana...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

I notice a lot pf guys who work in gaming and like nintendo where Bandannas.

Corbie, RMC from gonintendo, and rich from ign.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

James

::nudge nudge:: E3 feedback please!

James

the_shpydar

Great job all around. Hosting the live streams, adding the auto-comments — both great. I'm sorry i missed the live Ask James tc! Also, big kudos on the reaction video(s) and articles, as well as throwing up the smaller "tidbit" write-ups for people who didn't have the chance or time to watch the Ninty conferences but wanted to know the bullet point highlights.

The E3 coverage here gets better evey year, and i can't imagine getting (or even wanting to get) news on Ninty's announcements, games and info anywhere else (and that includes Nintendo's own self-coverage).

Cheers!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

retired_account

Awful. Why didn't Corbie break into Retro Studios HQ and find out what they're working on? He just went to that boring press conference instead. smh.

aside from that it was pretty good though.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Joeynator3000

Because DK guards their HQ.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shotgunryugan

I liked it,i haven't seen any videos or the actual E3 for that matter,but i liked all the information and the live comments

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

SMW

Outstanding job! IGN has been my favorite site for tracking E3 ever since the N64, but you topped them this year. You guys had news and previews up before them, and even had more content than IGN Wii did.

Nintendo themselves ended up being the best source of E3 news with FaceBook, Twitter, and Nintendo.com, but you guys were the best after Nintendo.

Edited on by SMW

SMW

mamp

You guys did an amazing job, I'm still working on getting a new CPU so I used my Ipad during the conferences you posted and the auto update comments were working smoothly. Also you posted so much I felt like I didn't miss a thing. Thanks to all of you for working somhard and keep it up.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.