Forums

Topic: Double & Triple posting

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

ramstrong

So, are you doing anything about a user who not only frequently initiated off-topic posting, but also quote posting wholesale. As in, posts with multiple subjects due to avoiding double/triple postings. I have seen him quote a five subjects posts, just to put a line on the bottom. Is there a rule regarding that?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

LzWinky

ramstrong wrote:

So, are you doing anything about a user who not only frequently initiated off-topic posting, but also quote posting wholesale. As in, posts with multiple subjects due to avoiding double/triple postings. I have seen him quote a five subjects posts, just to put a line on the bottom. Is there a rule regarding that?

If it's reported, I'll just delete the extras and move on. If the latter becomes ridiculous, it may be edited.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

I know right now my mouse's left button is wonky and if I don't press it at just the right spot it will act as if I double or even triple clicked the button when I only hit it once. However I am aware of it so when I post I look after I posted to see if my mouse's problem caused a double post and I just delete it.

I suspect that some just come from people being impatient or using a phone or tablet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ramstrong

Tasuki wrote:

I suspect that some just come from people being impatient or using a phone or tablet.

It's someone using a phone. If it's just one subject, I don't mind. But multiple subjects can be very confusing. It's worse that double posting because then I won't know which subject replies which.

I think it's common sense that if you're using a phone, you should not quote whole post with multiple subjects. A single liner referencing previous post will suffice.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

theblackdragon

ramstrong wrote:

We've stepped in to clean up the mess a few times, and I've just posted another reply to the user in question to help reiterate our stance on things. I'm not sure what more you want us to do, ramstrong — a little bit of off-topic posting and chit-chat and a multi-post here and there isn't enough to ban someone over in and of itself. if the user in question was a serious troublemaker, maybe we'd have done something more permanent already, but in this sort of case we're leaning toward leniency.

I'm going to ask that if you have anything else to say about this particular situation, please take it to the Contact Form so that we may discuss things directly. Thanks in advance!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

lame @SheldonRandoms beat me to the joke...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.