Forums

Topic: Comments about thread lengths.

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

shingi_70

Wanted to know if Some threads could be closed after a certain amount of pages and restarted from starch. That and some threads like your last purchase and what are you currently playing would work better monthly and could be spined off into a monthly feature of what the Nintendolife community is currently playing (with a minor impression blurb)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

theblackdragon

what would be the benefit? no offense, but i'm not really a fan of purposefully cluttering up the forums, tbh, and i'm even less a fan of something that gives me more work to do. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

theblackdragon wrote:

what would be the benefit? no offense, but i'm not really a fan of purposefully cluttering up the forums, tbh, and i'm even less a fan of something that gives me more work to do. :3

Just used to it on other forums. Its usually for Fast pace threads that get updated alot and monthly threads to keep them from getting stale.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

k8sMum

he just thinks starting from 'starch' would IRON out some problems. (man, i am really bored today.)

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

theblackdragon

@Swiket: There are also forums that auto-purge threads older than (x-amount of time), and those conversations are lost forever — doomed to be repeated ad nauseum, even. Still not seeing the benefit, whether we have to physically push the button ourselves or not.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Other forums do it for threads that become too long and nobody wants to go through all those pages again. I don't understand why they do it, though. Just seems silly to me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Honestly I dont see why you would start from the beginning of the 352 page thread. Take for example the recommendations threads when I post there I just look at the page I last posted on to see if there are any responses for the question I asked. Why would I go through the previous 400 pages to see a response to a question I asked?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

zezhyrule

I love looking through long threads actually... I do it all the time here. It's fun to see what people posted years ago.

Then again, I am a boring lifeless person.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.