Forums

Topic: Can we never ever ever have another flash ad again please?

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

Aviator

It's not about clicking on them.

If you load an ad, the site that hosts it get paid however much $.

So by blocking the ads here, you're not helping the site you love to come and visit so much.

Also, this ad is pretty terrible. I don't notice a lot of the slowdown on the site itself, but browsing on other sites, (just watch any youtube) and the slowdown on my machine is clear.

Also pix, switch from Safari.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

retired_account

Also, this ad is pretty terrible. I don't notice a lot of the slowdown on the site itself, but browsing on other sites, (just watch any youtube) and the slowdown on my machine is clear.

Same here.

Also pix, switch from Safari.

I don't see any reason to. Chrome works like crap on the Mac, and there's no way I'm going back to Firefox. I love Safari.

retired_account

TheConsiglio

Man I remember when they had that Beat the Beat AD for wii on here. Man that kept poping up everywhere on the site except the forums blocking my text, slowing it down, playing annoying music when I got on. DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN NINTENDO LIFE!

Though at least the New Super Mario Bros. 2 one isn't that bad.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

Chris720

Mine runs it quite well, until you go to YouTube then the slowdown does appear far more. I don't mind the ad, but the yellow is absolutely disgusting! It looks like someone threw gold at the screen, put on some Mario characters and left it be... it's atrocious!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

moomoo

Can someone explain to me what the point is in advertising NSMB2 on a site full of people who know very well about its existence? It's not like a TV advert where its to people who know little about it; the majority of people here know whether they're buying it or not.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CowLaunch

@Moomoo

I wouldn't have thought Coca Cola need to advertise anywhere ever again, but apparently they do.

As for the advert, it works fine for me, and my laptop is completely worn out.

CowLaunch

Noob_The_Third

CowLaunch wrote:

@Moomoo

I wouldn't have thought Coca Cola need to advertise anywhere ever again, but apparently they do.

As for the advert, it works fine for me, and my laptop is completely worn out.

But people will only care about NSMB2 for now but Coca Cola has to remind every generation.

WiiWareWave

I can't logon using my Wii browser because of the NSMB2 advertisement. Every time I type my e-mail and password and click the button to login, my Wii freezes and I'm forced to unplug my Wii to get it working again.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Next I want luigi's mansion 2 to take over! :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

WiiWareWave

Can someone please add a profile option to prevent the flash advertisements from playing so it doesn't affect their ability to use the website? I'm not saying that you should disable the advertisement completely, but give the option to view a solid image advertisement for those of us who don't have a newer computer or super high speed internet.
I have 52megs, but even at that speed my connection slows down to unbearably slow speeds when using devices with naturally unstable connections such as the Wii or a mobile device utilizing Wi-fi connection.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

WiiWareWave wrote:

Can someone please add a profile option to prevent the flash advertisements from playing so it doesn't affect their ability to use the website? I'm not saying that you should disable the advertisement completely, but give the option to view a solid image advertisement for those of us who don't have a newer computer or super high speed internet.
I have 52megs, but even at that speed my connection slows down to unbearably slow speeds when using devices with naturally unstable connections such as the Wii or a mobile device utilizing Wi-fi connection.

Use Adblock if you REALLY can't handle a minor ad like this. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Seriously though, it runs fine for me, and it's NOE that does the ads, not NL.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.