Forums

Topic: Auto-comments & quoting bugs

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

WiiWareWave

Since a few days ago, the bug has actually gotten worse. Now my comments never appear when posting on my Wii browser or my Android 2.2 netpad laptop.
At least the forums still work.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

antdickens wrote:

The duplication of comments should now be fixed, you should also be able to edit/delete comments (without refreshing the page).

Are there any other problems still active?

This might not be a "problem," but when I reply to someone in a comment, it's not linked (blue) until I refresh the page.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Knuckles

WiiWareWave wrote:

Since a few days ago, the bug has actually gotten worse. Now my comments never appear when posting on my Wii browser or my Android 2.2 netpad laptop.
At least the forums still work.

Same with me on my 3DS, and this has been happening since E3 2012. My comments rarely get posted because of it!

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

theblackdragon

I believe I explained this to Tasuki already, but it may have been in another thread — when you notice your comments double-posting, be sure to refresh the page before attempting to delete one of them. that happens to me about half the time when i post on the main site now, and usually it turns out to only have posted once (so when you delete the 'duplicate' you're actually deleting your only posted comment to the article thread).

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

Is this issue going to be dealt with? The website pretty much doesn't work through the Wii, 3DS, or mobile browsers anymore, which I can guarantee you that it's severely hurting your activity and you will start losing members if most of them can't use the website's features.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@WiiWareWave: I'm not quite sure what you're talking about re: NL not working on any mobie browser...? NL works fine on my iPhone via Safari. i can't speak for the Wii or 3DS browsers, though, because those are pretty poor in comparison to using a computer or a mobile phone to do anything, much less access NL.

either way, I've gone ahead and forwarded your concerns to Ant; hopefully he'll be able to respond soon.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki it isn't the connection that is the issue, but rather the Wii and 3DS aren't advanced enough to use the auto comments feature in the articles, which is preventing many people from commenting on the articles. Older mobile devices seem to not be able to comment on the articles either.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Chris720

@WWW I highly doubt NL will be drooping off a cliff where site activity is concerned... the auto comments work fine, my 3DS posts them just fine even if it doesn't refresh the page for me to view them.

The quoting bugs though are slowly getting on my nerves though, there's something about that annoying </div> tag... but I'm guessing it's been fixed? I haven't used the quote in ages.

EDIT: Nope, not there... woo...

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.