Forums

Topic: Anti-hotlinking

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Raylax

So I noticed you guys put a new anti-hotlinking macro on your images. I noticed because my site where I steal all your articles and content lost all its pictures, YOU BARSTEWARDS.

Bit of a bug with it though - it has a habit of popping up when I click images in articles to enlarge them, like so:

Untitled

Thought I should point it out. Fixey?

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

theblackdragon

It happens off and on, and it's never consistent between users — some will be able to see the image(s) in question just fine, others will report seeing the anti-hotlinking image. For me, usually shift+F5ing or checking back in a while will take care of the problem, but just so you know Ant is aware of the situation and will hopefully have a solution soon.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

That's why Phtobucket/Flickr/ and imgur are here.

I know on other sites Hot linking is ban worthy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

theblackdragon

@shingi: i'm pretty sure Raylax is just joking about stealing our content and hotlinking our images — he runs an anime-based site last i knew.
unless he's telling the truth, in which case it's BAN TIME

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Raylax

theblackdragon wrote:

@shingi: i'm pretty sure Raylax is just joking about stealing our content and hotlinking our images — he runs an anime-based site last i knew.
unless he's telling the truth, in which case it's BAN TIME

Bannination will never stop me from stealing content for my site; www.whyisthisnintendolifeofpeopleless.com >:3

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

antdickens

Evening guys,

We've actually had this hot-link protection for a long time, many years in fact. This recent issue has only occurred since we switch to using cloudflare which caches a lot of our resources to save bandwidth. I've now fixed the bug that was causing denied messages to become cached and others see them.

The beauty of the hot-link code is that the website authors often don't know their visitors are seeing the hot-link denied message as they will be seeing a cached (complete) version of the image on their own website since they already viewed it on our site, all visitors to their site will just see the hot-link denied

Thanks!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.