Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ads

Showing 61 to 80 of 101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

61. Posted:

Wow thats scary...... :( lol hearts out of their ears?! :o

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

62. Posted:

Ugh, why do I keep getting these disgusting stomach fat ads? They went away for maybe a month, but now they're back and grosser than ever. The "Mom's Diet" one is the worst. I am seriously going to have to switch to Firefox so I can use Adblock because of this board. Blech.

I mean, no offense to anyone with weight problems, but it's the weigh the ads are designed. Just a rotund protrusion of flesh with no owner. The impersonalness is disgusting. Admittedly, I would care a bit less if it were a more appealing physique, but it would still not be something I'd want to see while browsing a gaming forum, some disturbingly detached abdomen floating at the top of my browser. I'm thin, but I wouldn't want to see my belly up there either. Eww. Am I being too puritanical?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

63. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Ugh, why do I keep getting these disgusting stomach fat ads? They went away for maybe a month, but now they're back and grosser than ever. The "Mom's Diet" one is the worst. I am seriously going to have to switch to Firefox so I can use Adblock because of this board. Blech.

I mean, no offense to anyone with weight problems, but it's the weigh the ads are designed. Just a rotund protrusion of flesh with no owner. The impersonalness is disgusting. Admittedly, I would care a bit less if it were a more appealing physique, but it would still not be something I'd want to see while browsing a gaming forum, some disturbingly detached abdomen floating at the top of my browser. I'm thin, but I wouldn't want to see my belly up there either. Eww. Am I being too puritanical?

That made me LOL. :-) I don't get those ads on this site but I've seen them on others. Your so right!!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

64. Posted:

Could we please get rid of the "super emoticon" ad that keeps popping up at the top of the page? Being greeted to "OH MY GOD! NO WAY!!" in an irritating, South Park-style voice every time I log on is starting to get annoying.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

65. Posted:

One of the admins recently said they'd talk to the ad service about getting rid of sound ads, Ricardo, so hopefully soon you won't have to hear that one again. I haven't seen it here since the first couple weeks of the forum, and it is very annoying.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vendetta

66. Posted:

I swear to God if I get a talking ad like that on this site I won't come back for a month.
PS: That's not supposed to be taken as an invitation, Dazza. LOL

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wollmaster

67. Posted:

Can someone remove this ad:
Untitled
It's a virus that if you press yes it will ruin your computer. A few NL members have encountered this pop-up from what I have heard.

I'm not smart, just a lucky guesser.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3490-8766 | Twitter: 12wollmana

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

68. Posted:

@Ricardo91

I got that one once just in the past week.

@wollmaster

I have also seen that one many times in the past.

@everyone

I wonder how much these ads are region-targeted. Maybe they expect people in Alabama to be rather slow and particularly susceptible to this kind of marketing / spamming, because I seem to get the offending ads of all types more than anyone.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

69. Posted:

I get the OH MY GOD NO WAY one every so often. It does suck.

I never get Adam's fatty fat floating fatness, though. Maybe your computer is trying to tell you to slim down a bit, chubbs.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tails

70. Posted:

I haven't had any probs but i'm on a Wii so Yeah No Ads messing up for me & i saw 1 for Hydroxy Cut that was disgusting

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

71. Posted:

@wollmaster-I have encountered this ad before, thankfully it is fixed now.
Could we please not have anymore ads with voices?
@Chicken Brutus-I have encountered this ad too, I hate it.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

72. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I never get Adam's fatty fat floating fatness, though. Maybe your computer is trying to tell you to slim down a bit, chubbs.

But I eat healthy and ride my bike everyday. Short of making myself throw up I don't know what else to do. :(

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wollmaster

73. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@wollmaster-I have encountered this ad before, thankfully it is fixed now.

Actually I just got it :P

I'm not smart, just a lucky guesser.

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3490-8766 | Twitter: 12wollmana

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

74. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I never get Adam's fatty fat floating fatness, though. Maybe your computer is trying to tell you to slim down a bit, chubbs.

But I eat healthy and ride my bike everyday. Short of making myself throw up I don't know what else to do. :(

Try anorexia. I hear that always works. kidding!

I've seen those fat ads all the time too, and they're quite unsightly. Especially the ones where they squeeze their rolls! :o
Thankfully I haven't seen the stretch mark one yet though.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

75. Posted:

I had no idea you could do superscript on this site. Is there a way to do... um... lowerscript (whatever it's called)?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

76. Posted:

I believe the word you're looking for is "subscript".

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

77. Posted:

You the man.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

78. Posted:

I second Wollmaster request. That add is terrible I thought something was wrong with my computer. I have gotten it twice. Anyone play Evony?

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SonicMaster

79. Posted:

I just got one showing some person's butt before and after! :P bleh!

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SonicMaster

80. Posted:

I just got another one in between pages advertising for prince of persia

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked