Showing 1 to 8 of 8
1. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 11:48 GMT
1. Can I please have a "New Posts" button that tells me all new posts since my last visit? (You guys store a cookie or something right?)2. Also a "View My Posts" button. I wanna see if there are any new responses to me posts since I don't have time to travel from section to section looking for my posts. I see that if I go to my account, I can edit the posts but not actually see where they are 0_o. Maybe I'm missing something though.
<a>http://www.futurapedia.com</a> -- My famous Wiki of the Future :)
2. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 12:41 GMT
How busy is your life that you do not have time to click each subforum.
ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai
3. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 13:14 GMT
[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
4. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 14:31 GMT
What you need to do is when you have finished viewing a sub forum, click the 'Mark all as read' tab in the top right corner, then when you come back you will see all the threads with new posts will have (new) next to them.
As for new replys to your own topics you could turn on the email notification for these threads.
Hope that helps.
Edited on Fri 18th December, 2009 @ 14:31 by Stevie
This is good
5. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 14:54 GMT
1: that's what the Unread Topics area is for, conveniently linked from the main Forums area. :32: if you really want to keep track of a thread, try the 'Watch Topic' link at the top of each one. Whenever anyone replies in it, if you've got e-mail notifications on in your profile, you'll get an e-mail in your inbox. Otherwise, just remember where you posted and check back later if that thread pops up under Unread later. :3
BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight
3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon
6. Posted: Fri 18th Dec 2009 20:14 GMT
Hey man, pretty standard forum features these days. They make viewing forums fast and easy, especially if you like to be members of several.
SELECT * FROM posts WHERE username = 'DAaaMan64' DESC
For the other one you just have to grab the cookie date / time and:
SELECT * FROM posts WHERE datatime > @cookiedatetime DESC
booom. The thing is with forum software, you already have something that can display rows of threads, so you really just need to add a new link with a new SQL query.
But hey if you wanna tell me I should just make time for your forums thats fine. I'm just one user.
7. Posted: Sat 19th Dec 2009 21:18 GMT
Hey, DAaaMan64 - thanks for those suggestions. Until we can consider implementing them, the workarounds that Stevie and theblackdragon have suggested might make the wait a little more bearable
I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.
8. Posted: Sun 20th Dec 2009 04:20 GMT