3DS eShop Forum

Topic: "Zen Pinball 3D" is here!

Showing 261 to 280 of 283

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

261. Posted:

OK the easiest way to get it up that ramp is the upper left flipper. You hit the ball just before it falls off the flipper and it will go up that ramp almost every time. You can also hit it over to that hole from the right flipper prettt easy by hitting the ball just before it falls off the end as well. You can do this with the lower right flipper by the same method but its a lot harder to get it up the ramp that way. I would say I do it only about 20% of the time that way. I can get it over there with the upper left flipper about 80% of the time now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

262. Posted:

Demonic, the shot is easiest to make with the top-most left flipper. Shoot the ball into the Joust hole just above that flipper and when it is released, wait for the very last moment, then shoot it up the ramp.

Oops! X-post with Tech101 :)

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

263. Posted:

I finally downloaded this game, all excited to see pinball in 3D...

...and I kind of hate it. Pinball Pulse on DSiWare was 10 times better, and it only had 1 table! The problem for me is an utter lack of charm or design. The physics and graphics are fine, but the tables seem to have been dreamed up by an eight year old.

I understand the corniness of the genre, but Pinball Pulse just pulled it off better, giving you a board that felt wonderfully real and authentic to the way classic machines were built; it seemed like a labor of love from devs who probably know something about the entire process that goes into making a real table. This game feels more like a cash-in focused on impressing you with graphics but not with the fundamentals of what would make a real pinball game stand out amongst the competition.

If I encountered these boards in person, i wouldn't play them, because they're ugly and don't seem to contain any of the charm and craziness of a great machine. Different tastes, I suppose.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Burning_Spear

264. Posted:

Wario Woods, perhaps you should try the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. All-time classic tables. Great game too.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

265. Posted:

The Williams collection isn't to bad. Two of those boards are excellent. Another two are OK and the rest well I can do without!

As for your comparison between pinball pulse and Zen I believe its just a matter of taste. If you hadn't noticed Excalibur is a lot like pinball pulse. They even share similar quests. I like pinball pulse but its no where near as good as Zen tables for me. The physics are slightly floaty but the rest is solid. Now if your complaint was more about the fact that it plays only on the top screen I would understand more but the Zen tables blow away anything I've played pinball wise!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

266. Posted:

Well, I tend to overstate my disputes when I dislike something, but yes, it is mostly a matter of taste.

One huge problem for me with Zen is the sound design. Truly awful. The music is atrocious and the voices are no comparison to the work in Pinball Pulse. The drawings give me a similarly cheap vibe, and the menus have annoying load times. Lastly, the 3D graphics (I mean, rendered and polygonal) come off looking stale and fake to me. I can't suspend my disbelief and regard it as a real table.

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

267. Posted:

LOL. We are totally on the opposite ends on this one. I think the 3ds graphics are in the top 5 of any 3ds game I've seen to date. Retail or download! One thing we could agree on is if there was a demo you wouldn't wasted your money. If you feel that strongly about it make sure you rate it on the eshop!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

268. Posted:

As a video game, I agree that the 3D graphics look sharp. As for replicating the feel of a real table, however, Pinball Pulse's graphics paradoxically do a far better job just with 2D art. The way the lights on the board flash, the shine of things, etc... it looks more like a pinball table looks.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

269. Posted:

Ill agree with that. Zen has been more on the arcadey side. Some pinball purests don't like it for that reason. I love pinball no matter what form its in. Some real tables are amazing and some are not. I just want a good game and I feel Zen has captured that for me!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

270. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ill agree with that. Zen has been more on the arcadey side. Some pinball purests don't like it for that reason. I love pinball no matter what form its in. Some real tables are amazing and some are not. I just want a good game and I feel Zen has captured that for me!

I agree with this (ehem except for Shaman). I love pinball in any form. Some of the minigames added I think make a nice touch, though would not be realistic on a real table. That said there are some problems with old school pinball tables as well. Some were clearly designed as quarter gobblers and unfairly slanted so that you could barely hit the ball anywhere. I think there is good and bad in both cases, but I love all pinball. I used to have a friend whos dad fixed up old pinball machines (some very very oldschool). Pissed my friend off though because everyone always wanted to hang out at his house.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

271. Posted:

I just popped in to say The Pinball Arcade is awesome. I have the PS3 version.

warioswoods, you're like me. I am more in favour of games that try to replicate or recreate real life pinball tables than arcadey pinball. Zen is good but I prefer Williams Collection and The Pinball Arcade, where all the tables are real tables. I too am happy that Pinball Pulse actually looks like it could be a real table. I suggest you look up the Pro Pinball series on GoG.com. They are old PC games now, but all their tables look fantastic and the layout looks much like what you'd find in a real table.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Bobhobob

272. Posted:

Zen Pinball 3D is epic.
BUT I CAN'T DO THE SHAMAN TABLE!
I leik Eurf Defensz. itz mah fahvourihte.

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage

RR529

273. Posted:

I really enjoy Zen Pinball 3D, but I think it's about time for that DLC they promised. I love Exalibur and Earth Defense, but I'm finally getting a little tired of them. El Dorado was also fun, just didn't like it as much as those two, and never cared for Shaman.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

274. Posted:

They can't put up any DLC until Nintendo updates the 3DS to allow it. Japan already has this service but we don't have it yet. It should be sometime in the summer before we start seeing any DLC.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

275. Posted:

We are getting a little bit closer to dlc for either this or zen pinball or both. Here's my source. Most of the interview is about Star Wars for the Wii U though!

http://www.nintendofeed.com/2013/06/news-star-wars-pinball-ar...

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

276. Posted:

Awesome, long awaited stuff and only a year's delay. Not sure if I care enough to download it now.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

C-Olimar

277. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

Awesome, long awaited stuff and only a year's delay. Not sure if I care enough to download it now.

I certainly don't. They abandoned 3DS gamers - even though Zen Pinball is one of the best selling 3DS games - and I'm not sure they still deserve my custom.

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage

iphys

278. Posted:

I would have downloaded the DLC in a heartbeat. After the Wii U leaderboard fiasco, now I'm not sure I trust them with my money anymore.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

279. Posted:

I picked this game up while it was on sale a few weeks ago, and it has become my new addiction. I'm pretty bad at it, but I've been trying to improve my scores.

On a side note, I emailed Zen Studios the other day to see is they scrapped the DLC for this game. I just got a reply that basically said the 3DS was hard to develop for, especially for a small team like themselves. He did say that they were hoping to be able to support the console and bring new content in the future though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

280. Posted:

I think the only new content we will ever see for the 3ds will be the Star Wars tables and that's about it. Only because it's Star Wars.

As for my scores, ignore them you'll never touch them anyways! :-P

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech