3DS eShop Forum

Topic: "Zen Pinball 3D" is here!

Showing 241 to 260 of 283

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

241. Posted:

Most people hate shaman! Its not a bad board once you get the hang of it. If its multi balls you want excaliber is the easiest to get them on. I average 20-30 a game! Multi balls on earth defense and eldorado don't really give you great points like excaliber! I think my high point total on one multi ball on that table is 30-40 million. Of course I've got less then 2 million as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Chris720

242. Posted:

Shaman sucks balls... you hardly get enough points pinging the ball about, yet on the other tables, you can get points like crazy. On Shaman... "here, have these 1,100 points... and now see the ball drop down behind the paddles" that table is simply rage-inducing!

Had to restart that same table 3 times because every time I launched the ball it would slide down behind the paddle. Seriously, what the hell?

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

243. Posted:

Demonic wrote:

Shaman sucks balls... you hardly get enough points pinging the ball about, yet on the other tables, you can get points like crazy. On Shaman... "here, have these 1,100 points... and now see the ball drop down behind the paddles" that table is simply rage-inducing!

Had to restart that same table 3 times because every time I launched the ball it would slide down behind the paddle. Seriously, what the hell?

ROFL you are describing my experience as well. I don't know how many times its hit those bumpers a few times and then gets thrown to the bottom left side of the table, forcing me to lose my ball. Happens more with that table more than any other.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

244. Posted:

It is the hardest table of the four and you can say it takes more skill on that table than the others. Still a pain in the ass though!

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Chris720

245. Posted:

I wouldn't say it takes skill... I'd say it's poor design.

Having the same problem again, I can easily go 10-20 million with one ball on the other tables... on Shaman however... I use all 3 balls to get 3 million, are you... are you freaking kidding me?! I was getting points left, right and centre! Yeah... getting really low points such as the infamous 1,100... shakes fists in rage

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

246. Posted:

I can get ten million on that table in less then 1 minute. You just need to know how to play it. Once you get two things down its not a bad table at all. Lots of fun as well. I will admit though it can be tedious to get started!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

247. Posted:

But we are not awesome like you!

Honest.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

248. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

But we are not awesome like you!

Honest.

Whatever. If anybody put the time I've put into it I'm sure everyone scores would look worlds better. I just play this game way to much LOL! I'm now over 135 hours o_O

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

249. Posted:

i played it for a couple of hours before i started to score big. Shaman is harder than the rest but also much more satisfying because of it. And it doesnt have any of those annoying and flow-breaking distractions like the Joust mode in Excalibur. Pure pinball, i love it.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Chris720

250. Posted:

I'll agree with you there Mk_II, the other tables do put me off when you have to do those mini-games on the tables, takes me out of the moment and afterwards I have to re-enter the pinball zone. :P

Shaman is just annoying though, do one silly thing and it can end up down the outer lane. What I find even more annoying is when I get it up to the other board to spell element, it will immediately go up and straight back out in a straight line, I can barely hit it with the paddles! I'll try giving it another go, but it's easily the worst table for me so far.

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

251. Posted:

do one silly thing and it can end up down the outer lane

true, but thats pinball! Many many years ago, when i was a wee lad and pinball tables were purely electro-mechanical most if not all tables were terribly unforgiven. I suppose because computer-aided design didnt exist yet so designing a new table was rather a "hit or miss" procedure

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

252. Posted:

I make a joke and I get taken seriously. but whatever.

I don't spend as much time on the game as I should, mainly because there's better pinball games out there and well, I'd rather play those. Unlike you guys, I think the Pinball Hall of Fame Collections are much better than Zen Pinball.

I'm peeved because the PC version of Pinball Arcade likely won't be out til June now, and the 3DS version hasn't gotten a single update since forever so I bet there's definitely a delay now. I may just stick to the PS3/3DS versions instead.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

253. Posted:

I actually like the break Excalibur gives you with jousting! After about a half an hour straight of multiballs my eyes could use the break.

As for PHoF I think half of those tables (at least on the 3ds) are not forgiving. The ball way to easily slides down the side rails. Happens in pinbot sometimes before I even get to hit the ball. The physics on it seem way to floaty. At least with Zen the balls seem to have real weight. I'm just a fan of any pinball in general. Doesn't have to be a real table or not for me to like it. The more the better!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Chris720

254. Posted:

I was playing Shaman and got 11 million points! But then my 3DS froze on me... gaaaaaaahhhh... didn't get to save it, that's like a massive kick in the crotch.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

255. Posted:

Lol demon! Just face it shaman doesn't like you.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Chris720

256. Posted:

Obviously... screw that table! Hello Excalibur! <3

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

257. Posted:

Multiball ftw!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

258. Posted:

lol dont feel bad Demonic. My high score for Shaman is like a whopping 15 million. As was mentioned best way to score is to get all those whirpools spinning, but good god i have such a hard time hitting that left whirpool to activate it. I have only got all 3 spinning twice. Best ive done is earth defense with about 45 million. Multiball on that game sucks but i like the little minigames and have gotten good at hitting the ramps. excalibur has some fun minigames although i hate hound chasing for some reason. mainly im just sick of it lol and it interferes with my ball locking.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

259. Posted:

All I do on Excalibur is multiballs! If a quest happens to show up I do it but then its right back to locking those balls in for multiball. Both left flippers can achieve this if done right. As for the left wheel I just wait till the ball almost falls of the right flipper. It takes timing as you will lose the ball more often then make that shot. But I almost never lose the ball anymore!

Also I can give you really good advice on earth defense if you want to get some easy millions!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Chris720

260. Posted:

I need advice on getting it up that ramp on Excalibur, I can nearly get it up there most times, but some times it'll just stop half way and come back down... D: