3DS eShop Forum

Topic: "Zen Pinball 3D" is here!

Showing 221 to 240 of 283

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

221. Posted:

Good god I don't know how you guys keep the ball alive so long. lol im good at real pinball but i just can't seem to get the hang of this game.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

222. Posted:

More than doubled my Shaman hiscore tonight... almost 200M now thanks to my first ever multi-ball :)

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

223. Posted:

Dang it. You just bumped me out of the top 5. That's a very good score. Congratulations! ! Now I've got some work to do!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

224. Posted:

Yeah... i was totally "in the zone" last night. Didnt really notice how well i was doing with the first ball until i lost it at 162 Million. Flunked the second ball and scored 34 M with the last. One multi-ball event, lots of Super Combo's and maxed out Volcano's resulted in the final score of 196 M. First in my country, third in the world if you disregard the obvious cheat at #1

BTW: anyone here have Williams Pinball for 3DS? i got the Wii version but was very disappointed by the awful sound quality. Is the 3DS version any better?

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

225. Posted:

I got the 3ds version Tuesday and I was not impressed. The game is very dark for one. Sound quality wasn't bad but I thought the ball moved rather strangely! I wont be keeping it even at 20 dollars. Also thought the flippers seemed slow and unresponsive! There are people that like it though but its not for me.

As for the #1 score in the world. That is very possible. I seen a video online of someone getting to a billion points rather quickly. It involves getting all four of the natural disasters and completing those quests. Then you start a fifth disaster. Doesn't matter which one and you get the ball up in the top area where you spell element and every hit gets you 500k and once you hit all seven you get ten million. This person was able to keep the ball up there for quite a while doing this but I'm sure he also just activated it time and time again to get back up there. I thought it was a fake score as well but its very possible if you got the skill. I've personally only completed two of the disasters and started the third before I lost the ball.

One last thing. I know how to get extra balls on that board rather easily if you would like to know. It will also net you any where from 6 million to 8 million to get them. Works every time. However I think you can only get three of them. On my high score I believe I got all three so your score is even better when you think about the fact I had 6 total balls. Just imagine what you could've done with three more balls on that board just for activating normal events!

Good score once again. People keep knocking me out of the top five. I just want to be in the top five and I'm happy with my scores LOL. That shaman score was there for a good month and a half because its a hard board and people give up to soon on it! Great board though but it does have its flaws that screwed my high score from being higher!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

226. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

Yeah... i was totally "in the zone" last night. Didnt really notice how well i was doing with the first ball until i lost it at 162 Million. Flunked the second ball and scored 34 M with the last. One multi-ball event, lots of Super Combo's and maxed out Volcano's resulted in the final score of 196 M. First in my country, third in the world if you disregard the obvious cheat at #1

BTW: anyone here have Williams Pinball for 3DS? i got the Wii version but was very disappointed by the awful sound quality. Is the 3DS version any better?

I bought Williams for 3DS a while back. Unlike Tech, I really enjoy it! Its got 7 tables (I think) that are all really diverse. In my taste, I would only really regularly play 5 of the tables on the game but I still think its a good value. What I really like is the option to turn your 3DS upside down and play with the table on the bottom and the display on top. The game handles the flip automatically via the gyroscope and the 3D doesn't suffer even a little. SOund quality wise, it sounds fine to me (although I had no complaints in this regard for the Wii version either). All in all its a great buy at 20 dollars. Between Williams, Zen, Marvel, and Pinball Arcade, I'll have all the glorious video pinball I'll ever need on my 3DS!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

227. Posted:

Oh you said 3d. I forgot about that. WHAT 3D! I didn't see any at all. Probably the worst 3d visuals I've seen on any game. Not bad just none.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

228. Posted:

I gotta disagree with you there. I thought the 3D effects in PHoF were excellent and quite deep. It also seems that turning the 3DS upside down makes the 3D even a bit MORE prominent (but that might be my imagination talking). Overall one of the more impressive 3D uses I've seen.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

229. Posted:

We sound like we're playing two different games LOL. Maybe I need to go back and give it another go but for me its no Zen. Zen has spoiled me with the ball physics and I though Williams wasn't all that great.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

230. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

I know how to get extra balls on that board rather easily if you would like to know

Please spill the beans!
i know i should probably read the table rules but i always forget and head straight to the tables :)

Tech101 wrote:

Zen has spoiled me with the ball physics

Agreed. Zen has the best pinball physics ever, bar none. I've been playing video pinball games since Night Mission on the Apple IIe (yes, im that old) and not one game has ever been so realistic as Zen Pinball.

Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

231. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

We sound like we're playing two different games LOL. Maybe I need to go back and give it another go but for me its no Zen. Zen has spoiled me with the ball physics and I though Williams wasn't all that great.

Well at least we can agree there. Zen definitely edges Williams out in the physics department. It probably got the best video pinball physics ever. Williams still does it well enough for me to enjoy it though.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

232. Posted:

That night mission actually looks really cool.

As for the extra ball. You need to start by hitting all three of the targets underneath the drums and open up the spinning wheels. You have to get all three of them spinning to get it to work. I usually start with the middle one then once the ball drops I hit it over to the right one with the upper left flipper. Then I let the ball drop to the lower left flipper and hit it to the other flipper to shoot it into the left one. Once all three are spinning (usually the ball will drop out of the left hole if you started the last wheel on the left) I hit it over to the far right wheel for 4 million. I don't always hit that one though as it usually can only be hit once because the wheels spin in reverse. Once you do that hold the left flipper down to allow the ball to fall down to the right flipper. Hit it in to the middle one right away. Then repeat that once more for an extra ball. That right there will get you 8 million total and an extra ball. If you want and its a bit easier you can just go for the middle 3 times as shooting it over to start with to the right hole can mess this up and waist your time. Sometimes I just hold the left flipper down at the start and go the easy way. Its two less million though. If that not detailed enough and you still can't figure it out let me know! The hardest part of the whole process is to get the wheels spinning!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

233. Posted:

lol that sounds hard as hell. I usually can only get two of those wheels spinning. Have a hard time with the third. Usually on the left.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

234. Posted:

OK ill admit there is definitely some fun to be had here. I made that comment yesterday after only playing what I thought to be was my favorite board space shuttle. I don't really care for that one now. However whirlwind fun house and a couple of others are still very much fun. Now after playing all the tables I will definitely keep it. PHoF is not so bad anymore. Still I wish the game was a little bit brighter as its kinda on the dark side and I still don't see very much 3d going on in game mode. That however doesn't distract to much on the game play. It doesn't sound to bad either!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

235. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

OK ill admit there is definitely some fun to be had here. I made that comment yesterday after only playing what I thought to be was my favorite board space shuttle. I don't really care for that one now. However whirlwind fun house and a couple of others are still very much fun. Now after playing all the tables I will definitely keep it. PPHF is not so bad anymore. Still I wish the game was a little bit brighter as its kinda on the dark side and I still don't see very much 3d going on in game mode. That however doesn't distract to much on the game play. It doesn't sound to bad either!

Lol wow...I too went back and played PHoF to confirm MY beliefs and came away...a little disappointed! The physics after I played Zen a lot were just a bit too floaty for my taste. I still really love FunHouse and Whirlwind and the physics aren't exactly bad but after that reality check, I certainly don't cast it in the same light that I did pre-Zen. I still like it though. How funny...it turns out that in the end we actually have a rather similar opinion of the game :P

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

236. Posted:

Third game on fun house and 29 million baby! :-P

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

mushroomer

237. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

More than doubled my Shaman hiscore tonight... almost 200M now thanks to my first ever multi-ball :)

how do you get mulitball?
when i can manage to hit the ball up the ramp from the top right flipper, it opens a door on the left ramp. when i get it into that opening, an arm comes in and takes the ball away. the bottom screen doesnt hint that the ball was locked.. but is it? im trying to still figure this one out.

one thing i just discovered was a way to get 2 million for a limited time as many times as you can get it into that 3 target opening. to do this, i first open that 3 target opening which then yeilds about 80,000 which isnt much.. now the middle swirl starts to spin. once it starts to spin, i then get it into the right hole to start spinning the right side, then do the same to the left. now, for a limited time, i can try to get the ball into one of the swirl targets and i get 2million per hit.

anyone else fine a high yeilding thing to do in Shaman?

mushroomer

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

238. Posted:

Look above at my comments my friend and you will learn more!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

239. Posted:

how do you get mulitball?

first you have to shoot the 3 or 4 droptargets in a row near the top-right flipper, then shoot the ball into the saucer behind them. The ball will be flipped up and lands before the top-right flipper. Now shoot it up the curvy ramp and it will be locked. The ball will remain in sight (in a section of the ramp) and another ball will launch. Shoot it into the saucer, up the curved ramp and lock this ball too. Now do it again for the third ball.
Once the third ball has been locked, multi-ball will start
Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

240. Posted:

I hate Shaman. I tend to know what scores well, but for some reason I just can't keep the ball alive for very long on this table. My favorite so far is Earth Defense. I love all the little missions it has. I can tend to get multiballs a lot easier on that table too.