3DS eShop Forum

Topic: "Zen Pinball 3D" is here!

Showing 181 to 200 of 283

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

181. Posted:

It looks like Pinball Pulse is finally coming to the Eshop for UK users. It's arriving this Thursday.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

182. Posted:

Mmm... i just scored 108 million on Excalibur (2nd best in my country!) but it doesnt show in the rankings. Anyone know whats up with that?

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

183. Posted:

You just need to play another game and it should push through! That happened to me on one of my scores. Just let the balls drop and it should register.

Nice score btw!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

184. Posted:

thank you Tech101! Almost all those points were scored with Merlin's Multiball btw, no Jousting or Tales involved

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

185. Posted:

That's how I play that board! I got at least 15 multiballs on my high score. Its the best way to rack up the points really fast. I've had as much as 25 million on one multiball before!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

186. Posted:

ReptilynSamurai wrote:

Still hoping to get some more friends for high scores competition in this. I added a ton of people in the thread, but haven't had many add backs yet. My code is below.

Sorry for the delay but I finally add you Mr. Pinball Challenger. And Adding every Pinball Fans.

Edited on by L-ouie

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

187. Posted:

I just got this game, and though I am not very good at pinball, I am really enjoying it!
My favorite board so far is Earth Defense, I just love hitting these little robots.
El Dorado however is very hard to look at... Everything is colored in different shades of yellow!

Just so you know, the last (and only) pinball game I actively played was Sonic Pinball Party for the GBA, so I'll take me a long time to get used to these boards.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

188. Posted:

I have sad news to report to those who are waiting for Pinball Arcade. Apparently they are having problems getting the ROM emulation right for the Eshop version so judging from their post I am suspecting it will not be out with the rest in March. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Oh, and if you have an Iphone, Ipad or Android, the game's already out.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

189. Posted:

Well that does suck. I hope they continue to try to make it work instead of giving up altogether!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

190. Posted:

To be honest, the only reason i even bothered dowloading Zen Pinball 3D was because I was dieing to see the S3D effect, and I've gotta say it's definitly
impressive. Especially when you zoom in with the camera by holding X while manouvering the Circle Pad around the Pinball table. It's incredible how the extremely realistic S3D depth and pop basically brings the tables to life. :D Where as '2D'(as always) makes things unrealistic, dull and flat.

As for the game itself, well I'm not exactly a huge pinball fan but for a pinball game it's quite the blast. Excalibur is definitly my favorite stage(Hated 'Earth Defense') while i absolutely love the music in El Derado...Somebody has seriously got to upload that track on YouTube. :p Anyways, it's a shame
though that it's a bit tough to play considering the 3DS's small screen isn't exactly ideal for the Pinball genre plus the ball moves a bit too fast as far as realism goes, if that's what they were going for.

Still, I can't see myself playing too much of Zenny' again considering this is pinball 'and' on a small tiny screen at that. I'm still glad i tried it out though. But i think we can all agree that this game belongs on the Big screen, in HD and with S3D especially....Sure you can nab the PS3 version, but then you'd be missing out on the most amazing part of the package...'S3D' ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

191. Posted:

@WaveBoy Personally I find it to work just fine on the small screen.
I enjoy playing it while sitting in bed and it's nice to just have it with me wherever I am (although it's a bit hard to play well while out and about).
I totally agree with you about the 3D effect, it makes it feel like you're actually playing on a mini pinball table rather than just a flat screen.
I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good game to download to their 3DS.
It can get pretty addictive once you get started, and I haven't played it for a while but I've played it for about 30 hours in total and I'll definitely go back to it in the future so I feel satisfied that I'm getting value for my money.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

192. Posted:

I play this game way to much. I'm approaching 100 hours total. Had a game last night on eldorado that lasted well over two hours!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Karakato

193. Posted:

The thing I like most about this game is that its basically four pinball tables on the go. I used to play pinball at the arcades when they used to have them (Fondly remember the LoTR and PotC tables) and I have this game to thank for getting me back into it. The physics are almost perfect and the realism of each table makes you think that it can be done in real life. As for the tables themselves, I find them all likable in their own way, Excalibur has the most missions, Eldorado has that Awesome soundtrack and Indy J vibe, Earth Defense has that 50's alien styled alien invasion plus a Giant Robot... really solid, and Shaman because it has the easiest spammable 2 million points in the game. I really can't wait for more tables to come, Looking forward to it.

Also the S3D of this game is awesome. This along with Pushmo and SM3DL are the only games that are more playable in S3D than they are in 2D.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

194. Posted:

Yeah this game cannot be played in 2d. LOL it gives me a headache.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

oninowon

195. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Still, I can't see myself playing too much of Zenny' again considering this is pinball 'and' on a small tiny screen at that. I'm still glad i tried it out though. But i think we can all agree that this game belongs on the Big screen, in HD and with S3D especially....Sure you can nab the PS3 version, but then you'd be missing out on the most amazing part of the package...'S3D' ;)

The only pinball game I experienced on a DS was Metroid Pinball and it did it well. The experience felt like a real pinball machine with the Rumble Pack. Anyway, I mention Metroid Pinball because the screen size of the 3DS can have very little to no effect in one's enjoyment of Pinball if the game is done right.

oninowon

AuthorMessage

mushroomer

196. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

To be honest, the only reason i even bothered dowloading Zen Pinball 3D was because I was dieing to see the S3D effect, and I've gotta say it's definitly
impressive. Especially when you zoom in with the camera by holding X while manouvering the Circle Pad around the Pinball table. It's incredible how the extremely realistic S3D depth and pop basically brings the tables to life. :D Where as '2D'(as always) makes things unrealistic, dull and flat.

As for the game itself, well I'm not exactly a huge pinball fan but for a pinball game it's quite the blast. Excalibur is definitly my favorite stage(Hated 'Earth Defense') while i absolutely love the music in El Derado...Somebody has seriously got to upload that track on YouTube. :p Anyways, it's a shame
though that it's a bit tough to play considering the 3DS's small screen isn't exactly ideal for the Pinball genre plus the ball moves a bit too fast as far as realism goes, if that's what they were going for.

so you liked the music to el dorado? well i do too but it really really reminds me of Cusco by Higher Octave. They made a bunch of cd's in the 80's and 90's .. you should give them a try .. here is a youtube that sounds alot like el dorado.

CUSCO - Bur Said
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5RzdCKQi8
if you like this.. you will like my favorites too... give them a try!! i use to listen to this stuff so much in the 90's and actually forgot about it til el dorado stirred up memories

Cusco - Montezuma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWXJ3FfiyXM

Cusco - Unknown Paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_BHJ0Phu0

Cusco - Sun of Jamaica <----- my all time favorite.. i could only find it on this Chinese video site sorry
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/imIVj8oX528/

also, everything they've done is on spotify for free!!!

Edited on by mushroomer

mushroomer

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

197. Posted:

I dunno. I have played several pinball games on handhelds (Zen, Williams, Gottlieb, Pokémon, Metroid, Pinball Fantasies, Pinball Dreams, Revenge of the Gator, etc) and I never had any problems playing those.

Anyway I have some good news. Well good for me anyway. I was having monitor troubles so I got a new monitor. It's actually a HD TV so I can watch TV if I wanted to (I don't even watch TV) plus the good news is that I hooked up my PS3 to it. I never touched my consoles for a long time because it was in the bedroom where my sister stays in 24/7 so I never could play anything (We share bedroom in case you're wondering) but now I can play it in private right on my desktop! TV has a headphone jack too so yay. That means I can now play Williams and Zen Pinball in glorious HD again. Yay! Pinbaaaaallllll. That is all.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

198. Posted:

oninowon wrote:

The only pinball game I experienced on a DS was Metroid Pinball and it did it well. The experience felt like a real pinball machine with the Rumble Pack. Anyway, I mention Metroid Pinball because the screen size of the 3DS can have very little to no effect in one's enjoyment of Pinball if the game is done right.

MP did use both screens though which is more like the shape of a pinball table (well apart from the missing bit between screens :D). MP was one of my fave games on the DS. I'm really thinking of getting Zen Pinball after reading the impressions here and the numerous good reviews. Might try it out this weekend.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

199. Posted:

You wont regret buying it, i hardly play anything else lately... very addictive!

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

200. Posted:

After playing Zen on the PS3 again after a long while, I was surprised. The PS3 physics are much looser and the ball is much faster than in Zen 3D so it's a good thing they adjusted it because Zen 3D plays much better. No point in getting more DLC for Zen now. Am going to get them on Zen 3D instead. I may get Marvel Pinball though. Physics is better on that than Zen as well although still not as good as Zen 3D. Still very doable though. Also, the 3D actually helps make the tables clearer. I noticed this with Earth Defense. The top portion is harder to see on the PS3 than on Zen 3D with 3D on.

Naturally, once Pinball Arcade comes out, I'll probably spend all my time playing that instead. Authentic pinball simulations are more my thing.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf