143. Posted:

I just beat my Shaman high score.
I got 56,685,440.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

144. Posted:

@SamuraiShyGuy, I am very pleased you love PhoF! Everyone and their mom always talk about Zen Pinball but hardly anyone ever talks about PHoF. They don't want to pay $30 for a pinball game even though it has a lot more tables than Zen. I've always loved it more than Zen for the exact reasons you mentioned. My favorite though has to be Whirlwind.

You may not care now with Pinball Arcade coming, but you might want to also get Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection for the Wii. I prefer Williams myself but the Gottlieb Collection has lots of older tables that you'll probably enjoy. Note though that the physics aren't as good as Williams. I have the PSP version and there are definitely some issues. PA will have updated physics and everything else.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

145. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

I just beat my Shaman high score.
I got 56,685,440.

That's a very good score on a really hard board! It will take me a long time to beat that one! I seen your eldorado score is about 5 places behind mine.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

ReptilynSamurai

146. Posted:

Ok, I'm still basically a beginner, but here are my scores:

Excalibur: 9,380,000
El Dorado: 8,563,003
Shaman: 7,200,880
Earth Defense: 31,237,365

Pro Score: 56
And please add my friend code for some more friendly competition on the leaderboards!

Jei'Sohnar
5155-2910-8933

AuthorMessage

Progamer

147. Posted:

added you @reptilyn

3ds FC 1633- 4211- 8833
Add me if you want to play! Proud owner of a cosmo black 3ds!
In any situation, give me a gun and give me a chair, I will chuck it at you, if you dare!

AuthorMessage

Progamer

148. Posted:

added tech101 for some competition

3ds FC 1633- 4211- 8833
Add me if you want to play! Proud owner of a cosmo black 3ds!
In any situation, give me a gun and give me a chair, I will chuck it at you, if you dare!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

149. Posted:

I thought I was doing really good on Eldorado, expecting a big score. Then, when I finished, I only had 11K. Tech, that one 198K score on Eldorado must have taken you over two hours.

Also, in my newly found insatiable hunger for pinball, I downloaded Devil's Crush. I've only played it a little so far. It seems alright. I don't really like how there are things walking all over the table constantly.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

150. Posted:

Username: Cheapo
High scores:
Excalibur- 34,348,500
Earth Defense- 63,780,433
Shaman- 12,170,710

If anybody wants to add me just let me know.

I must say that I guess I got lucky, but I ended up doing pretty well on my first play through on the shaman table. With this table layout it doesn't seem that hard to me(yet). Although at this point i'm only trying to keep the ball in play for a long as possible without know anything about the table. Now to check out @tech101 Shaman cheat sheet :D

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

151. Posted:

It looks like everyone's better than me.

@SamuraiShyGuy, I have Alien Crush on my PSP and it's annoying because I can't customize the controls like I can with the PSX games. I can't use the triggers for the flippers: / Alien Crush and Devil's Crush are all right pinball games and yes, it's very video-cadey. DC is usually regarded as being the better game. You're really getting into pinball now...now go buy the Pro Pinball series on PC if you want to blow your mind.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

152. Posted:

Pro Pinball huh? I'm not familiar, though that's not surprising since the last time I played a PC game was over a decade ago. By the way @Donjwolf, would you like to be 3DS friends? My code is in my sig if you are interested.

And I agree, Whirlwind is a great table. I love the sound bits. "The storm is coming!" "Go back to your homes!" Now I just need a real pinball table. Too bad they cost a fortune.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

153. Posted:

@Samuraishyguy Yes the game seem to take forever. I would say around hour and forty five mins long. My one ball that went for over 135million was about an hour and fifteen mins. I got really tired and needed a break after that ball.

As for alien crush! It was one of my favorite Turbo graphic 16 games. I always wanted to try devils crush but after what you guys are saying I might just stay clear. I have played quite a bit of video pinball over the years as well. Would like to see revenge of the gator appear on the eshop one of these days. I may also invest in metroid pinball once again in the near furture.

Back on topic. Has anyone earned all of the metals for any of the boards. I've got three on two of them and two on the others. I wonder if its strictly just an achievement thing or does it unlock something?

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

154. Posted:

The most I have is two medals, but I think it's just an achievement thing. And there's no way I could play one game of pinball for that long. If I have one ball for ten minutes, I start to psych myself out thinking I should have lost the ball by now. And then, once I start thinking like that, I usually lose the ball. Pinball really is a mental game.

Also, for anyone who's played PHOF, Black Knight is awesome! A table where the main focus is getting as many multiballs as possible; Yes Please!

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

155. Posted:

No, haven't gotten all the medals. Only gotten 1 or 2 on each table.

Added you, Samurai Shy Guy. Anyone who loves pins can't be all bad.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

156. Posted:

@Donjwolf, Thanks. There's only one problem here; I have no idea what your FC is. :)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

157. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Also, for anyone who's played PHOF, Black Knight is awesome! A table where the main focus is getting as many multiballs as possible; Yes Please!

That's exactly what I do on Excalibur! I once had a game only 10 seconds in and 2.8 million and got my first multiball! I really try to focus on the multiballs on that board! I've got as much as 15 million on one multiball on that board. I got at least 10 of them on my high score I have!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

158. Posted:

His code is a couple of pages back samuraishyguy.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

159. Posted:

Alright, I'll look for it. Thanks.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

160. Posted:

Finally got my first video quest on Excalibur! Won it and picked up another medal! My score wasn't all that great but still happy I got that medal. Just 5 more go!

Edit: Just had my best game on Excalibur. My first ball went for over 76 million with at least 9 multiballs! #1 in the country fro now. Someone in the country blow away my eldorado score! Good times!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech