3DS eShop Forum

Topic: "Zen Pinball 3D" is here!

Showing 101 to 120 of 283

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

101. Posted:

@SkywardL, I don't. It doesn't feel like pinball when I see floating numbers as I'm playing.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

102. Posted:

I just had a game on eldorado where I never thought I was going to loss the ball. 46 million on one ball problem was I only got 2 million with my first two!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CureM

103. Posted:

@Tech101.. Nice hints on the Excalibur table, I got most of my scores on that table with the multiball but it can really insane with all these balls! I don't get a skillshot everytime but I try.. I still have to score more than 200K on Duel though :P I added you back!

my favorite table would be Eldorado but I still don't know everything about it

"War, war never changes"
3DS FC: 1504-5794-1640

AuthorMessage

TrumpeterBuizel

104. Posted:

@Tech101 - Thanks for the tips! One question though: how do you start the Holy Grail quest?

Scoo-ratch-o, HEY!
3DS FC: 3093-7089-6247

AuthorMessage

SteamMistwalker

105. Posted:

I must say this is an awesome game! and Tech101 is #1 for score on my friends list.....i am trying to beat him but it doesnt seem to be happening! we need to distract him with something so i can catch up :P

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

106. Posted:

TrumpeterBuizel wrote:

@Tech101 - Thanks for the tips! One question though: how do you start the Holy Grail quest?

That's done by hitting all three of the markers underneath the Grail on the far right. Then you need to hit the ball in the hole by the spinning wheel to get things started. The easiest way to do this is by using the left upper flipper. Wait till the ball falls to near the tip of the flipper then shoot. It will take a lot of practice to do this though. I find the best way to do most quests is to just hit the ball around and go for ramps. While doing this the quests will come naturally and then when the game tells you a quest is available that usually when I will try them.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

107. Posted:

I'm getting better at this! I find it is helping to focus on just one table instead of bouncing around. Right now my focus is on "Excalibur" and I just scored 41 million! I'm finally starting to grasp some type of understanding of this table. I love when I finally start to "get" a Pinball table. It makes it so much more enjoyable and engrossing to actually know what's going on :D

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

DrKarl

108. Posted:

Hi everyone. Just doing a friend code bump. I have added all of the codes in this thread, but only one of you has added me (BTW, thanks Ninty4Life!).

My code is 3265-5058-3610. I look forward to trying to beat your scores.

DrKarl

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

109. Posted:

Shaman 101

First the rating on this board!
This is by far the toughest board of the 4. Just look at most of the scores on your friends list and online and that obvious. That however doesn't mean its a low scoring board. I believe this board has a lot of potential to score big if you do a certain few steps right. Still it does take a lot of skill to keep the ball in play though. Visually I like how it looks the layout is a bit to tight and close to the flippers and can cause you to lose the ball really fast right down the middle. I really like the sounds on this board and the music is great I just wish there was more tracks to choice from as after a while the music gets on my nerves. It does have a few flaws that ill explain in a bit but overall for me is my second favorite board and scores a 8-10.

To get started you need to apply medium pressure to the trigger to get the skill shot which will land you in the middle upper part for 250k.

Next thing you have to do is get those side guards up while the ball save is up. You need to spell the word magic with the side rails and the easiest way to to that is to launch your ball repeatedly down the two side ramps. I find view 7 is easiest to use so you can flip the darkened lights around. I don't do ANYTHING till though two side guards are up!! Once up during play continue to try to spell magic and score big points. Use a side guard and make sure you spell magic again right away. With that said I usually only lose my ball down the middle on this board. That's rare since its usually the opposite for other boards. I really wish the right guard went up first since its usually the one that is the problem. That alone should improve your scores right away.

The next very important thing is the spinning wheels. If no active quest is going hit the ball in the hole by the blue one to get a modest score. That then send the ball over to the hole by the red spinning wheel. Hit that flipper just before it hits the bottom of the flipper to score 250k. I've done this 8 times in a row before for an easy 2 million. Obviously the real reason behind the spinning wheels is to hit the drums. Be careful however hitting those drums because the ball can come back fast. Once opened you need to get things started by shooting the ball in the holes around the various wheels to get them spinning. The easiest one (and the one I think you have to get things started with is the yellow one) is the yellow one. If you shoot the ball in the red one first I don't think you can get your quest going without hitting yellow first. After you enter yellow use that same trick to shoot your ball over to the blue wheel to get number two spinning. Now your on a time constraint. You need to fire your ball into the red one before one of them stops spinning in order to start this quest properly. If one stops then you need to hurry and shoot the ball in that hole again before they all stop and the markers go back up on the drums. Use the right flipper and practice shooting the ball into that red hole. Its one of the most important holes on this board. Once the quest is started then all you do is fire your ball into anyone of the holes to score big. 2 million for the yellow one 4 million for the blue one and I'm not even sure about the red one since I've never done that one. Once the wheels stop spinning the quest is over but you can score as many times as you can while they are spinning. I would say about 15 seconds. Keep in mind the trick no longer works on the upper left flipper by shooting across to the blue hole since the wheels are spinning and throwing off the ball just enough that it doesn't work.

I find that shooting the ball up the ramp into the area that says element is a bit broken. A lot of times it just bounces right back out. The hole is to big to keep the ball up there for to long as well. I have spelled the word before and it takes you to a different screen where you have to hit pictures. I have yet to complete this since it resets ever time you lose a ball.

The volcano is to the upper far right and is pretty easy. Once in there just lets your ball fall to light up the lava. Hit it in there again and notice you can move the lit areas around so the ball can go over the darkened areas to light up the whole volcano. By beating this you only get 200k for a bit of work but do it again and again for increased bonuses. Once again it resets once you lose a ball.

I have yet to find a multi ball for this stage and I'm sure it has one but its already hard enough with one ball then almost two or three. If that doesn't help improve your scores then you just might want to play one of the less difficult boards because it is really hard to prep this board! Hope this help though to at least get some fun out of it!

Oh and one last thing if you really want a good score you can get away with just hitting the ball repeatedly down the two main side ramps. It scores pretty big if that's all you want to do but that's just boring LOL!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Will-75

110. Posted:

I'M LOVING THIS GAME .

3DS FC: 4854-6656-0574

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

111. Posted:

@Tech: Thanks a lot for the tips on that evil table! I'll be sure to put to use a few of those tactics (especially the magic thing) next time I boot up Zen :)

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

112. Posted:

My score is low on that table because I barely play that table :D

Anyway thanks for tips.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

SkywardL

113. Posted:

DrKarl wrote:

Hi everyone. Just doing a friend code bump. I have added all of the codes in this thread, but only one of you has added me (BTW, thanks Ninty4Life!).

My code is 3265-5058-3610. I look forward to trying to beat your scores.

If you add everyone's from this thread then how come your me is not registered in mine?

3DS Friendcode: 1590 - 4719 - 1381
Friend Safari: Gabite, Shelgon, and Sliggoo

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

114. Posted:

@Dr Karl your welcome :p

@Cure I'm right there with you on the times that the ball really every goes straight down the middle on this game. Most often that's how I end up losing a ball though :(

@Don I think I've gotten better at figuring out the angles when the ball comes towards the center lane and theirs noway for me to catch it with the flippers. In those cases I'm able to nudge in advance expecting this to happen.

@tech thanks for the tips on the Shamans table! I'm still working on your Earth Defense and Excalibur scores at the moment. Take break for a while as you've "top all 4 tables" anyways :D

@SkywardL. I'm addicted to short time goals so i couldn't play any other way!

So after my last post I spent quite sometime changing my playing style(from control pad to L+R combo) and I must say I've really enjoyed that L+R triggers as a way to play so far. It definitely improves the feel of the game overall. Just for kicks after spending a few hours on that control set-up and went back to the other control method. Needless to say it just didn't have that same realistic feel as the L+R combo did.
Having said that I'll be going back to the control plus b method for the simple fact that I'm a little nervous that I'll damage may triggers because I play this game way to much! I've already had problems when the left trigger just stop working on me a few months back. Took a lot of blowing but it finally started working again. Hopefully nudge right will be good enough for now it keep the ball from going down the center lane.

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

mushroomer

115. Posted:

just transfered Pinball Pulse successfully to my 3ds.. now ill probably get 40$ at bestbuy orsomething... arg...

mushroomer

AuthorMessage

mushroomer

116. Posted:

Pinball Pulse Pitch...

Hi, you'd think I worked for the company that makes this game, seeing how much i promote this game but so far, ive played through zen pinball and i love the online functionality. But, the one screen view that you get with the top screen is horrible. its smaller and you can barely see where the ball is when its at the top.. OOOOHHH how i wish pinball pulse had an online score board.. because I was awesome at that game!!! i got to 89,000,000 points... if anybody out there has it, please try to beat that score!!

Also, that game is soo amazingly put together. it has 5 categories to unlock and when you do, it opens pandoras box. and when that happens. you heart stops beating for a moment.. i never knew a pinball game could be soo much fun. and I AM SO GLAD IT IS TRANSFERABLE NOW>>>

I only post here because i fear a thread on its own will be ignored.

Please feel free to start a thread with scores .. i think i did like a year ago so maybe we can dig that one up!!!

Those old threads also break down all the missions and quests and tricks to do well.

mushroomer

AuthorMessage

DrKarl

117. Posted:

I would love to play Pinball Pulse, but sadly is not available to us who only own a 3DS.

<checks the eShop to verify>

It's here now! Woot! <downloads furiously>

Thanks mushroomer! Off to play.

DrKarl

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

118. Posted:

Hey guys I just got Pinball yesterday and I'm looking for some more friends to compare scores with. So far my pro score is 80 I believe but I'm still figuring out the tables. Let me know if you add me I'll add folks that posted their FCs in this thread later today.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

119. Posted:

@Squiggle55 Ill add ya.

Man I think I might need to switch to the shoulder buttons. My thumbs are really starting to hurt. Or maybe just take a day or to break from this game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

DrKarl

120. Posted:

I have added you as well Squiggle55.

I finally was able to top Tech101's score on Excalibur this morning, and lo and behold, he had already improved it! Good times.

DrKarl