Forums

Topic: Witch and Hero

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

RR529

NWR: 6/10

They liked: simple & easy to pick up and play gameplay. Fun music. Silly story.

They disliked: Annoying grinding. Lack of strategy due to aforementioned simplicity.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Windy

RR529 wrote:

NWR: 6/10

They liked: simple & easy to pick up and play gameplay. Fun music. Silly story.

They disliked: Annoying grinding. Lack of strategy due to aforementioned simplicity.

I would say that was about Right. Personally I would give it a 5 out of 10 which is not a bad review. for me it's fun factor that brought my score up. I got pretty hooked on the game until I grinded it out to the very end. I kinda liked the way they removed all the in between RPG fetch type stuff. I hope we see someone try to improve on Witch and Hero. It could become something really cool.

wish list: Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest X (3DS or Wii-U) Project Racing
Playing Now:
John Madden 3ds
Train Driving Sim Kyoto
Lionel build your train set
Gotcha Racing
SmileBasic
A-Train Cirty Sim
Flick Golf
Badge Arcade
FC: 0877-0511-8391

Blathers

I found the game so terribly addicting (even despite the grindiness) that I begun making a spinoff gamemaker game of it o.O

The game really is a hit or miss, some people will love it, some people will hate it.

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

Windy

HexZyle wrote:

I found the game so terribly addicting (even despite the grindiness) that I begun making a spinoff gamemaker game of it o.O

The game really is a hit or miss, some people will love it, some people will hate it.

Very cool! when your finished post us your gamemaker game. would love to see what you did

wish list: Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest X (3DS or Wii-U) Project Racing
Playing Now:
John Madden 3ds
Train Driving Sim Kyoto
Lionel build your train set
Gotcha Racing
SmileBasic
A-Train Cirty Sim
Flick Golf
Badge Arcade
FC: 0877-0511-8391

tigermask

I be keen to see a gamemaker version. I'm still stuck on the last boss! I've maxed out everything, I'm even at level 50! I came pretty close but when the boss switches to the bouncy laser thing and speeds up, I just get destroyed! Has anyone finished this yet?

3DS Friend Code - 0087-2886-9002
Nintendo Network ID - SamSteel

OptometristLime

tigermask wrote:

I be keen to see a gamemaker version. I'm still stuck on the last boss! I've maxed out everything, I'm even at level 50! I came pretty close but when the boss switches to the bouncy laser thing and speeds up, I just get destroyed! Has anyone finished this yet?

The final boss took the steam out of my play through... and aren't there additional modes to be unlocked?
I'll likely pick this up again soon and hope I get lucky!

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Blathers

I found the final boss a ridiculous ramp up in the difficulty. The trick is to keep it firing in the same direction, say left, so that all the bullets are travelling horizontally. Then you stick either at the top or the bottom of the map, wait for the boss to come close to the top or bottom edge of the level, then bounce between the boss and the wall rapidly (keeping the eye facing the same direction so when the boss moves away you're not screwed over)

A boss health bar would work wonders...

And about that gamemaker game, I shouldn't have mentioned it: I'm juggling so many projects right now (to name a few: sparking life into my tumblr with pixel art, coming up with ideas for a card game, playing Spiral Knights, playing Fire Emblem; I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew) so it's not gonna be ready anytime soon
And once June 9 rolls around, you'll probably never see me again
If I could rip the sprites somehow from the game, that'd speed up my work a lot (I was initially planning on making new sprites but now I'm thinking it wouldn't be a "fan sequel" if I did)

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic