3DS eShop Forum

Topic: VVVVVV Impressions

Showing 81 to 100 of 128

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

81. Posted:

Too bad there isn't a level editor in the eShop version. :(

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

82. Posted:

This game is pretty much an 8-bit version of Antipole.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

83. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

This game is pretty much an 8-bit version of Antipole.

First of all, Antipole came out after this, so "Antipole is pretty much a non-8-bit version of VVVVVV" is a more accurate statement. And beyond the basic gravity-flipping mechanic (which VVVVVV much differently and infinitely more creatively), the two don't have much in common at all, actually.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

84. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

This game is pretty much an 8-bit version of Antipole.

First of all, Antipole came out after this, so "Antipole is pretty much a non-8-bit version of VVVVVV" is a more accurate statement. And beyond the basic gravity-flipping mechanic (which VVVVVV much differently and infinitely more creatively), the two don't have much in common at all, actually.

Well said. Aside from sharing that similar mechanic, the games are not really alike at all. It would be like saying that a game that features jumping is pretty much a Mario game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

85. Posted:

The album with the awesome song is out now, @Chicken @AndAnyoneElseWhoCares.
http://www.souleye.se/adventure
While the song can't be purchased by itself, it seems the digital version of the album is a pay what you want deal, though I find it odd that it's not advertised at all. Anyway, you may now go on with your lives.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

86. Posted:

Pay what you want!? I'm on it :D

Thanks for the heads up!

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

87. Posted:

Tell me if you got it for less than $10, because that's the default amount I see on the site.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

88. Posted:

Yeah, it seems to be pay what you want...as long as it's $10 or more.

I took a gamble on it and it's glorious. Seriously excellent stuff. I'll probably put together a best of playlist of the VVVVVV soundtrack, the PPPPPPowerup remix, and a bunch from this. They're all good, but this new release is particularly great.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

89. Posted:

Just finished up the main game last night, with 2 Trinkets left to go. B-)
Pretty solid and unique experience all around, but i honestly can't be bothered to play all of those other stages/game modes they threw in that you get once you finish the game. I'm pretty much VVVVVV'd out, and the main game is enough for me. Solid music all around, but i wished there they would of threw in a few Bosses to tackle which would of been great considering the gravity based gameplay opens up he doors for al sorts of ideas.

Anyways! I can't figure out how to get that Trinket in the Yellow section, where there's a glowing platform that is stuck. Once you get to the next section, you can hop on it....and it moves into the section where the Trinket is, but once you leave that area of the screen the platforms return back to normal. WTF....

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

90. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways! I can't figure out how to get that Trinket in the Yellow section, where there's a glowing platform that is stuck. Once you get to the next section, you can hop on it....and it moves into the section where the Trinket is, but once you leave that area of the screen the platforms return back to normal. WTF....

I just finished up the main game and got all 20 trinkets (and in under 3 hours :3).
I do like how there are user levels - they will help add extra content for when I feel like picking up some VVVVVV again.

The one you're talking about requires you to use the checkpoint on the screen where the trinket is - and to go around to the top of that screen without touching the checkpoints on the way. When you get there you can release the platform, kill yourself, and spawn on the bottom screen to use the platform.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

91. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Just finished up the main game last night, with 2 Trinkets left to go. B-)
Pretty solid and unique experience all around, but i honestly can't be bothered to play all of those other stages/game modes they threw in that you get once you finish the game. I'm pretty much VVVVVV'd out, and the main game is enough for me. Solid music all around, but i wished there they would of threw in a few Bosses to tackle which would of been great considering the gravity based gameplay opens up he doors for al sorts of ideas.

Anyways! I can't figure out how to get that Trinket in the Yellow section, where there's a glowing platform that is stuck. Once you get to the next section, you can hop on it....and it moves into the section where the Trinket is, but once you leave that area of the screen the platforms return back to normal. WTF....

I hope you get around to playing the "Player Levels" eventually. Almost every single one of them use some sort of new element or idea that set them apart from each other, and the main game (also, many of them are more difficult than the main game).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jahir

92. Posted:

47:86 seconds is my Super Gravitron record. I still need to reach one minute but I feel pretty good so far :C

Edited on by Jahir

Jahir

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

93. Posted:

Been thinking of getting this game but not sure whether to get it on 3DS or PC... give me some Pro's and Con's people, I want to hear/read your opinions. :D

Thanks

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

94. Posted:

Get it on PC. It's less expensive and the 3D effect adds absolutely nothing. It's cool to have it portable, but if you game a lot on the PC anyway, just go with that.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

95. Posted:

It's cheaper on the PC, while the 3DS is portable.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

96. Posted:

am I the only one thinking of a price drop or something later on? I see it coming.

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

97. Posted:

Also PC has a level editor and the ability to play an infinite amount of player levels, while the 3DS version only has 18.

@Brando eShop games don't have price drops.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

98. Posted:

@oddy oh i see thanks how about a update with a level editor? They gave us a fix update why not ta level editor update? just asking or is that not possible either?
Edit: sorry for all the questions I'm just new to this game

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

devilcruz1

99. Posted:

It's intense

3ds fc is 5327-1720-1581
My rifle is barking when it hears beiber.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

100. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Also PC has a level editor and the ability to play an infinite amount of player levels, while the 3DS version only has 18.

Very good points.

I felt a little ripped off when I got it for my 3DS because even though I knew it wouldn't have a level editor or as many user-made levels, I was hoping the 3D effect would add something to the game. It adds nothing.

Still nice to have it portable, though.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494