3DS eShop Forum

Topic: VVVVVV Impressions

Showing 101 to 120 of 128

AuthorMessage

Chris720

101. Posted:

Shame... might as well get it on PC then. Seems they really dumbed down the game porting it to the 3DS... ah well.

Thanks for that guys!

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

102. Posted:

Because of my terrible laptop, I guess I have to get the Eshop version. Although I played the demo on Kongregate and that was totally awesome, if very hard, so I don't mind anyway

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Captain_Hookey

103. Posted:

so we all know that VVVVVV was created as an indie game on the PC right? so i did some research, and i found something interesting; APPARENTLY, the guy who made VVVVVV was broke, and he had no more money. so he made this game, and he made enough money to pay off an important debt! sounds cool right? i'm sure it's fake though. what do you think? any ideas?

makes $10 an hour for 6 hours at your local chatroom...

AuthorMessage

Gumballamiyumi

104. Posted:

great game. i love the visual aspects and it's very speedrunnable.

"i feel just like a purple pikmin."

AuthorMessage

RR529

105. Posted:

Finally! I beat all 18 of the "Player Levels"! Beat the main game months ago (including trinkets), so I guess all I have to do now is continue to up my score in the SPOILER Super Gravitron END SPOILER.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

106. Posted:

I've been on the fence about downloading this game, but budged once it went on sale. I'm blown away by the pure genius of this game. Nintendo needs to hire Terry Cavanagh.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

107. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Finally! I beat all 18 of the "Player Levels"!

You, sir, are inhuman.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

108. Posted:

I now have $6.00 in my eShop account. I'm just trying to decide if I should purchase VVVVVV while it's on sale, or wait until Link's Awakening goes on sale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

109. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I now have $6.00 in my eShop account. I'm just trying to decide if I should purchase VVVVVV while it's on sale, or wait until Link's Awakening goes on sale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't gotten VVVVVV, you should get it now. NOW MAN NOW!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

110. Posted:

@G4L, They are both must haves, and since VVVVVV is only on sale this weekend, get it first.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

RR529

111. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

@G4L, They are both must haves, and since VVVVVV is only on sale this weekend, get it first.

Ditto.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

112. Posted:

It feels like 500 of my 709 deaths have been due to my pursuit of this one trinket.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

113. Posted:

@RevolverLink And yet it's totally worth it.

Also, ditto what those guys above said. BUY THIS GAME NOW.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

114. Posted:

This is one of the greatest games I have ever played! Thats saying something since I have played over 2000 plus games from many different systems including NES, SNES, DreamCast, Commodore 64, etc. Would give this a 11/10.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

115. Posted:

Yup, since I don't do 11/10's, it gets a respectable 10/10 from me. It's my fourth-favorite franchise (well, it's not a franchise, but that's how I organize my favorites) of forever, actually.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

116. Posted:

@Oddy, VVVVVV really is amazing, I'm having such a blast with it.

And right after I typed up my previous post, I opened my 3DS back up and got it after about 10 tries. It was AWESOME.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

117. Posted:

Have you ever noticed that's how video games work (ridiculously hard ones at least)? You take a small, refreshing break, jump back into it, and it's a piece of cake.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

ElectricSplash

118. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

Have you ever noticed that's how video games work (ridiculously hard ones at least)? You take a small, refreshing break, jump back into it, and it's a piece of cake.

Yup. THat happened to me with an old Odin Sphere save game where i was stuck during days, then rested during years and then was very easy...

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage

RR529

119. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is a notable example for me. There was some sort of spider boss in the later half of the game that beat me between 20-30 times. Put it down for a month, and when I next played it, I beat it on one of my first tries.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

120. Posted:

I like this game so much that I ditched my Rhythm Heaven Fever backloggery theme for a VVVVVV-inspired one. Granted, it was overdue for a change anyway (I last changed it back when RHF came out in February).

TinyOddy wrote:

It usually happens with me and boss fights; in most cases, I think it's just a cooler head prevailing - although I can't say I've been upset at all with VVVVVV. I feel like it's similar to Mega Man 2 (still the only "classic" Mega Man I've put a lot of time into - I really should get around to playing more of that series, especially since I love 2 so much) and many of the other best-designed side-scrollers in that way; it's incredibly difficult in parts, but I've never felt like it's been anything but fair to the player throughout its entirety.

And it's weird, I can go years without playing the two PS2 Katamari games, but every time I go back to them, I almost immediately beat all of my high scores. Except the cowbear stages - because those are stupid.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery