3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Showing 301 to 320 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

301. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

pixelman wrote:

OMG IT

looks like cave story.

This. Every single other remake of this game completely ruined the graphics. And the music. I love the original too much.

At least the music won't have to be patched this time. (note: that will never not be hilariously pathetic)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

302. Posted:

I dont think anyone else but me has mentioned that PAL gamers only recieved the wiiware and 3DS (europe only) versions. You guys in the US stop complaining that we're getting another version, I've not been able to play any of them except for the original PC version, so now that us NZ and AU gamers are getting it FOR SURE this time, it'll be a great oppertunity to give the handheld version a go.
I've been very angry at NIcalis for the last two years for not releasing the DSi version, what happened there? Official Nintendo Magazine reported that we were going to get it and I waited very patiently and then nothing. They've been really slack for an indie developer, I know I could try the steam version or the GP2x version, but I don't use my PC for gaming at all and I don't know where you get a GP2x.
The news is not very specific on region, does it mean US or is it Europe & NZ/AU or both? I've tried to get hold of Nicalis, but they're also very slack on the customer service side too! I've tweeted and emailed them so many times and not once have I ever recieved a reply, just slack. I'm hoping nicalis is the promise keeper this time.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

303. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

I dont think anyone else but me has mentioned that PAL gamers only recieved the wiiware and 3DS (europe only) versions. You guys in the US stop complaining that we're getting another version, I've not been able to play any of them except for the original PC version, so now that us NZ and AU gamers are getting it FOR SURE this time, it'll be a great oppertunity to give the handheld version a go.
I've been very angry at NIcalis for the last two years for not releasing the DSi version, what happened there? Official Nintendo Magazine reported that we were going to get it and I waited very patiently and then nothing. They've been really slack for an indie developer, I know I could try the steam version or the GP2x version, but I don't use my PC for gaming at all and I don't know where you get a GP2x.
The news is not very specific on region, does it mean US or is it Europe & NZ/AU or both? I've tried to get hold of Nicalis, but they're also very slack on the customer service side too! I've tweeted and emailed them so many times and not once have I ever recieved a reply, just slack. I'm hoping nicalis is the promise keeper this time.

I totally agree! I have been holding off for any version of cave story for this one! It better come!
Also, did Nicalis confirm it's coming to PAL regions and, if so, when?

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

304. Posted:

@PoshSnivy It was confirmed on twitter that all of PAL would be getting the eshop version, I've just tried tweeting them again so i'm hoping they reply, they never answer my replies, do they have something against making money?? o.0 they are a weird developer btw.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

305. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@PoshSnivy It was confirmed on twitter that all of PAL would be getting the eshop version, I've just tried tweeting them again so i'm hoping they reply, they never answer my replies, do they have something against making money?? o.0 they are a weird developer btw.

It'll probably take a long time, knowing Nicalis. They will probably announce "this year", but will be delayed to the next or something like that...
And I would be very annoyed as well if they kept on ignoring my tweets and emails as well!
I think they must have a phobia of money or something because if Cave Story was released on dsiware in Europe, I'm sure they would have got a LOT more money. I would have bought it, at least!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knuckles

306. Posted:

I think that Nicalis is going to give europe a double dose of Cave Story on the same day. 1 3DSWare version, and 1 DSiWare version.

My own thoughts, no proven facts.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

307. Posted:

Knuckles wrote:

I think that Nicalis is going to give europe a double dose of Cave Story on the same day. 1 3DSWare version, and 1 DSiWare version.

My own thoughts, no proven facts.

They're probably not going to bother releasing the dsiware version as well as the 3ds one (let alone actually releasing the 3ds one!), I just think Nicalis won't bother, although they really should have about 2 years ago!
Anyway, I have never heard on Nicalis saying anything to do with that...

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

308. Posted:

Nicalis is a american dev.

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

That's why it will take so long.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

309. Posted:

Hops fully this means the rest of Niclias projects can get put out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GrumpyGoomba

310. Posted:

Hope this means some dates for the other games get announced soon.

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

311. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Nicalis is a american dev.

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

That's why it will take so long.

I absolutely HATE Australia's STUPID rating system. You're right; it's very expensive, takes too long to pass and it loves to ban games as well.
It is also infuriating because there is a rule that every game that comes out here must be classified, so that means we can't buy XBLA Indie Games!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

312. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

Not gonna argue the second part, but if you consider Australia to be a small country, what do you consider to be a big country? Unless you're mean small in terms of its gaming population compared to North America, Japan or Europe, I can't fathom how a country with a territory twice the size the Texas and another territory twice as large as the previous one (i.e. 4x bigger than Texas) could be considered small.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MattEriks

313. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

Not gonna argue the second part, but if you consider Australia to be a small country, what do you consider to be a big country? Unless you're mean small in terms of its gaming population compared to North America, Japan or Europe, I can't fathom how a country with a territory twice the size the Texas and another territory twice as large as the previous one (i.e. 4x bigger than Texas) could be considered small.

i would say that Australia is a small Region, as a country it is large

3DS FC: 4854 - 6530 - 1097 (MattEriks)
Why does the good guys win in games?
Because we have Potions
note to self Don't let the evil ones get any potions

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

314. Posted:

@All Nicalis confirmed to me that Cave Story+ is indeed making it to the eShop in both Europe & Australia/NZ in Q4, exact date and price is to be confirmed, but finally PAL gamers get to have a portable version of the 2D version!!

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MattEriks

315. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@All Nicalis confirmed to me that Cave Story+ is indeed making it to the eShop in both Europe & Australia/NZ in Q4, exact date and price is to be confirmed, but finally PAL gamers get to have a portable version of the 2D version!!

Citation needed

Edited on by MattEriks

3DS FC: 4854 - 6530 - 1097 (MattEriks)
Why does the good guys win in games?
Because we have Potions
note to self Don't let the evil ones get any potions

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

316. Posted:

MattEriks wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@All Nicalis confirmed to me that Cave Story+ is indeed making it to the eShop in both Europe & Australia/NZ in Q4, exact date and price is to be confirmed, but finally PAL gamers get to have a portable version of the 2D version!!

Citation needed

Check my Twitter: @scottNin10_0NZ, I've retweeted it. Please let me know when you've checked.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MattEriks

317. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

Not gonna argue the second part, but if you consider Australia to be a small country, what do you consider to be a big country? Unless you're mean small in terms of its gaming population compared to North America, Japan or Europe, I can't fathom how a country with a territory twice the size the Texas and another territory twice as large as the previous one (i.e. 4x bigger than Texas) could be considered small.

i have checked that now. Wow they actually answers you. Thx for the answer. Now tho only thing i would like to know are- if the alt costumes for Quote that are in the wiiware version is there to, has anyone found info on that?

3DS FC: 4854 - 6530 - 1097 (MattEriks)
Why does the good guys win in games?
Because we have Potions
note to self Don't let the evil ones get any potions

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

318. Posted:

Wow, Nicallis ain't getting slowed down this time.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

319. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@All Nicalis confirmed to me that Cave Story+ is indeed making it to the eShop in both Europe & Australia/NZ in Q4, exact date and price is to be confirmed, but finally PAL gamers get to have a portable version of the 2D version!!

Well that's great to hear! Now we just need to find out the release date and price, then find out it's getting delayed till next year and things are back to normal!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

320. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Austrailia is a small country with an expensive ratings system.

Not gonna argue the second part, but if you consider Australia to be a small country, what do you consider to be a big country? Unless you're mean small in terms of its gaming population compared to North America, Japan or Europe, I can't fathom how a country with a territory twice the size the Texas and another territory twice as large as the previous one (i.e. 4x bigger than Texas) could be considered small.

Well Australia does have a LOT of space but we only tend to live on the cities along the coast, therefore there are only 20 million of us. in the US, however, there are about a few hundred million (I think).

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)