3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Showing 261 to 280 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

261. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Well, even if it doesn't come out this month, hopefully it will in Q4.

If it doesn't come out Q3, that would make 6 delays/cancellations total for a total of 6 releases (3/4 unique games depending on how you view CS3D) (Cave Story Wii (delayed worldwide), Cave Story DSi (apparently cancelled in PAL regions), Cave Story 3D (delayed slightly worldwide with NIS America), La-Mulana (cancelled, brought back by EnjoyUp Games worldwide), NightSky (cancelled quietly worldwide(?) for WiiWare), and then this (hopefully won't succumb to the same errors))

The only games released without delay are VVVVVV (glitched at release) and Cave Story+.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

262. Posted:

No more CS, just Ikachan, nightsky, la mulana, and 1001 spikes please

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

263. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Well, even if it doesn't come out this month, hopefully it will in Q4.

If it doesn't come out Q3, that would make 6 delays/cancellations total for a total of 6 releases (3/4 unique games depending on how you view CS3D) (Cave Story Wii (delayed worldwide), Cave Story DSi (apparently cancelled in PAL regions), Cave Story 3D (delayed slightly worldwide with NIS America), La-Mulana (cancelled, brought back by EnjoyUp Games worldwide), NightSky (cancelled quietly worldwide(?) for WiiWare), and then this (hopefully won't succumb to the same errors))

The only games released without delay are VVVVVV (glitched at release) and Cave Story+.

Well, there were reasonings for most of their games being delayed or bumped.

CS wii: More time for the game, testing stuff, ETC
CS DSI: Probably due to this version, as with this on the eshop the DSI is 100% pointless
CS3D: Something regarding publishing.
La-mulana: Nicalis didn't like the DLC, then Nigoro wanted a world-wide release, so bad stuff happened.
Nightsky Wii: Canceled for some reason, probably due to 3DS

Honestly though, where's Ikachan?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

264. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Honestly though, where's Ikachan?

I'm gonna say cancelled due to a lack of interest. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there who enjoy(ed) Cave Story, but playing an older game by him doesn't sound that interesting. It's a shame; I would've enjoyed it, but I'm only one person...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

265. Posted:

Maybe it's due to the confusing, stupid, and weird ending of Ikachan.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

266. Posted:

Now Nicalis is with that figthing game called Yatagrasu. Do we start a thread where we bet how many time the game will be delayed from the original release date? I vote for two years.

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

267. Posted:

@TDH: Regardless of reasons, they have had more problems with releasing games (Almost all of which are ports) then any other company I can think of. It's a really crappy sign when you have more delayed releases then on time, made worse by the fact they're ports, and then 4 ports of the same game

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

268. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

....I mean, I haven't heard much bad about the VVVVVV port, so there's at least that?

Actually, it took them a couple of weeks to fix that one since they released it with a few serious bugs...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

269. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

....I mean, I haven't heard much bad about the VVVVVV port, so there's at least that?

Actually, it took them a couple of weeks to fix that one since they released it with a few serious bugs...

Yeah, Corbs actually emailed me to see if I could encounter the FLIP Mode bug in the VVVVVV port to see if it was an isolated thing or if everyone was encountering it. If I had to guess, Nicalis is probably taking it's time with eShop CS+ so it doesn't have to go through that again...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

270. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

....I mean, I haven't heard much bad about the VVVVVV port, so there's at least that?

Actually, it took them a couple of weeks to fix that one since they released it with a few serious bugs...

...
well I guess since they fixed it in just a couple of weeks, we'll consider it an improvement.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

271. Posted:

Nicalis' Twitter: "We're just a few days from confirming a release date for Cave Story on eShop. And NightSky, too!"

Let's star betting all the delays. Grand prize if you bet for zero delays.

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

272. Posted:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

Nicalis' Twitter: "We're just a few days from confirming a release date for Cave Story on eShop. And NightSky, too!"

Let's star betting all the delays. Grand prize if you bet for zero delays.

Few days huh? We're also a few days away form the WiiU news.... I sence something's up

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

273. Posted:

Awesome. I have interest in both those titles.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

274. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

Nicalis' Twitter: "We're just a few days from confirming a release date for Cave Story on eShop. And NightSky, too!"

Let's star betting all the delays. Grand prize if you bet for zero delays.

Few days huh? We're also a few days away form the WiiU news.... I sence something's up

NIntendo said that there will be no news about new games for Wii U.

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

275. Posted:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

Nicalis' Twitter: "We're just a few days from confirming a release date for Cave Story on eShop. And NightSky, too!"

Let's star betting all the delays. Grand prize if you bet for zero delays.

That means that they passed the QA process and are ready to get a release date.

Considering how there are no games on the 27th, I predict the 27th for CS+ and NS.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

276. Posted:

^I doubt they'd release two high profile eShop games on the same day (not that I'd complain if it did happen :P).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

277. Posted:

They did it the last two weeks, and they are doing it this week. There is a very high chance of it happening.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

278. Posted:

My faith is low, so I'd be surprised if even one game was announced for the 27th AND it was released then.

If both are released, I can say that Nicalis has mostly redeemed itself. Mostly.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

279. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

They did it the last two weeks, and they are doing it this week. There is a very high chance of it happening.

They've been releasing two eShop games a week, not two high profile eShop games a week (as in, major projects that get a large amount of buzz). Fractured Soul is really the only one that's a high profile release.

That's not to say games like Balloon Pop Remix aren't good, they're just games that aren't major releases.

Games like Mutant Mudds, Picross E, Mighty Switch Force!, VVVVVV, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, ect. are high profile releases (Cave Story+ & Night Sky both fall into this category).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Radixxs

280. Posted:

YES this is the best news I've heard all year. I may get Cave Story, but NightSky! Yes!

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.