3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Showing 241 to 260 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

241. Posted:

Strange. We only have 1 month left of Q3 and already half of the month is already taken. What's going on?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

k8sMum

242. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I could easily go to the The Dark Knight Rises thread and spoil the whole movie if I wanted. No one should whine over a stupid thing like spoilers, unless it's for a good reason. (Like let's say a new zelda was coming out, and the day before it came out the whole story was spoiled to you) Regardless, playing the game, even when knowing the whole story still gives you a bunch of surprises.

I remember reading in NP about Curly's death and how to fix it, but when I played CS3D, I didn't know WHEN she would die, and when she did, it was too late. Luckily a second playthrough let me see the epic ending.

there you go again: whining about people whining.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

243. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Strange. We only have 1 month left of Q3 and already half of the month is already taken. What's going on?

Nicalis.

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

244. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I could easily go to the The Dark Knight Rises thread and spoil the whole movie if I wanted. No one should whine over a stupid thing like spoilers, unless it's for a good reason. (Like let's say a new zelda was coming out, and the day before it came out the whole story was spoiled to you) Regardless, playing the game, even when knowing the whole story still gives you a bunch of surprises.

I remember reading in NP about Curly's death and how to fix it, but when I played CS3D, I didn't know WHEN she would die, and when she did, it was too late. Luckily a second playthrough let me see the epic ending.

there you go again: whining about people whining.

And how is that bad?

And Nicalis isn't a bad company either... Give them a chance.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

waitingfor-

245. Posted:

Cool. I gonna waste money on all ds versions, can't wait. I do love this awesomely confusing game So i must buy it to get the extra play mode.

3DS: 0731-5103-1746

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

246. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

And Nicalis isn't a bad company either... Give them a chance.

Their not so much a bad company as an unreliable/unprofessional (I don't mean that in a hostile way) company. The only truly bad things are the treatment of Nigoro and (in my opinion) the obnoxious re-releases of Cave Story in a short timeframe.

What is "unreliable" is the numerous delays/cancellations, and apparently (I don't know, I don't live there) the crappy treatment of PAL regions.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

247. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I could easily go to the The Dark Knight Rises thread and spoil the whole movie if I wanted. No one should whine over a stupid thing like spoilers, unless it's for a good reason. (Like let's say a new zelda was coming out, and the day before it came out the whole story was spoiled to you) Regardless, playing the game, even when knowing the whole story still gives you a bunch of surprises.

I remember reading in NP about Curly's death and how to fix it, but when I played CS3D, I didn't know WHEN she would die, and when she did, it was too late. Luckily a second playthrough let me see the epic ending.

Thanks for totally reading into what I wrote and inferring that I was whining.

Oh look, now I'm probably whining about you whining about me whining! And then you'll whine about this, but at least that's ok in your opinion. ;)

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

248. Posted:

I didn't mean that toward you, oddy. I meant the people on the internet in general who go "OMG SPOILERS" For a game like the original zelda.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

249. Posted:

Alright, I just expected that since you seem to have accused people directly of things in the past, and I thought I was one of them.

Anyway, to everyone commenting on the spoilers thing: Pixel himself said that he wanted people to play the game knowing as little about it as possible. Newbies reading that would obviously know quite a bit more than as little as possible. Yes, it's an old game, so feel free to talk about spoilers, but know that you are potentially negatively affecting the Cave Story experience of someone else (at least in its creator's eyes).

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

250. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I could easily go to the The Dark Knight Rises thread and spoil the whole movie if I wanted. No one should whine over a stupid thing like spoilers, unless it's for a good reason. (Like let's say a new zelda was coming out, and the day before it came out the whole story was spoiled to you) Regardless, playing the game, even when knowing the whole story still gives you a bunch of surprises.

I remember reading in NP about Curly's death and how to fix it, but when I played CS3D, I didn't know WHEN she would die, and when she did, it was too late. Luckily a second playthrough let me see the epic ending.

there you go again: whining about people whining.

And how is that bad?

It's an obvious contradiction...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

251. Posted:

But I mean, there is a difference between Complaints and whining. I was just complaining, which I try not to do much here. (You think I do it a lot? You're wrong, as on youtube I tend to complain a lot toward the people on there that constantly say silly things like: "Make NSMB2 For the Game Boy pocket")

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

252. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

But I mean, there is a difference between Complaints and whining. I was just complaining, which I try not to do much here.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/complaining?__utma=1.2027150708.1...)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=229961500

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

253. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

But I mean, there is a difference between Complaints and whining. I was just complaining, which I try not to do much here. (You think I do it a lot? You're wrong, as on youtube I tend to complain a lot toward the people on there that constantly say silly things like: "Make NSMB2 For the Game Boy pocket")

How are opinions wrong anyway? :3

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

254. Posted:

How to fix this thread: "I disagree but whatever".

and yeah Nicalis has done a good job at bringing beloved indie gaming more into the mainstream (or at least a bit more mainstream), but comparing them to plenty of other publishers for indie titles makes it obvious that they keep making mistakes. Despite the many problems with downloadable titles on Nintendo systems, Nicalis should still be more successful than they are right now. And really, when they make such mistakes like failing to put music in your freeware game remake properly, you really can't do anything else but blast them. I mean, I haven't heard much bad about the VVVVVV port, so there's at least that?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

255. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

And Nicalis isn't a bad company either... Give them a chance.

Their not so much a bad company as an unreliable/unprofessional (I don't mean that in a hostile way) company. The only truly bad things are the treatment of Nigoro and (in my opinion) the obnoxious re-releases of Cave Story in a short timeframe.

What is "unreliable" is the numerous delays/cancellations, and apparently (I don't know, I don't live there) the crappy treatment of PAL regions.

Yes the way that PAL regions have yet to get any of the handheld versions (except for europe only getting the 3DS version) released is ridiculous. I could download the Wiiware version, but I've got no time to play it at home, I'm waiting for the digital eShop version to arrive and I was excited a few months ago that it was going to be released here in New Zealand and Australia, but we've yet to hear anything more. Plus Nicalis isn't being helpful, they've ignored every tweet i've sent them about the eShop version. I need your help guys, seriously everyone who has a twitter account, tweet them to ask about the release dates, this is utter ridiculousness that they won't even communicate a word about it, I want to pay them with money but they're refusing it??? that's what it feels like to me and i'm already confused.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Radixxs

256. Posted:

The thing about Nicalis is they never release a game when they say they will. Except for VVVVVV, but that had a bug. I understand they are a small team, but other small teams can make their own deadlines. And they never give a reason for the delays. Just the general 'Nintendo sent it back.'

They need to do something different, or I will just have to ignore them.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

257. Posted:

Well, even if it doesn't come out this month, hopefully it will in Q4.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

258. Posted:

It'll probably be delayed to Q4, and Nightsky will come out next year...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegendaryQ

259. Posted:

We'll at least hear about the new version sooner than later, I think. Not sure we'll get it by the end of this year, but we'll definitely hear about it.

LegendaryQ

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

260. Posted:

Nicalis loves their Cave Story

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky