3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Upgraded Cave Story coming to eShop

Showing 181 to 200 of 374

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

181. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Let me say this:

If you are a euro, it'll come quickly. Nicalis has gotten faster in their regional releases, so you won't have to wait long.

Look how insanely fast EU got CS3D after NA! Japan only got it two weeks ago, so don't feel bad about them.

[/div]

Wasn't that because it was being published by NIS? That had barely anything to do with Nicalis.

Right. If you are Euro, you are totally FU**** when comes to Nicalis' releases. Tyrone told me because they have lots of work for manuals and localization for Europe (even thought manuals aren too deep and no need of so much testing, and all their games come in english only).

For example:

-Cave Story US:22 Mar 10 10 EU:Dec 10
-VVVVVV US: 29 Dec 11 EU :10 May 12

Also, still no words about the DSiWare version of CS...

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

182. Posted:

That's because of this version. It'll be stupid to release the DSI game and then the 3DS one afterword.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

183. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

That's because of this version. It'll be stupid to release the DSI game and then the 3DS one afterword.

What about people that have a DSi and not a 3DS? For America, Cave Story is being removed from the eShop, but will remain the DSiWare store. They could just do that for Europe, where the DSiWare version is there for people with DSi's, while the eShop version is there for people with 3DS's

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

184. Posted:

You know DSI is way outdated now... Since the 3DS XL is out in Europe they may just ignore the DSI version.

And I don't know why people were upset with the DSI delay if the wii version is out in Europe and the 3D remake is out too.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

185. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

You know DSI is way outdated now... Since the 3DS XL is out in Europe they may just ignore the DSI version.

And I don't know why people were upset with the DSI delay if the wii version is out in Europe and the 3D remake is out too.

Maybe because those people don't own a Wii or a 3DS? Cave Story was announced and released in America during DSiWare's peak. Cave Story is also one of the best games ever made, of course people will be ticked.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

186. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Cave Story is also one of the best games ever made, of course people will be ticked.

High five, dude. I like you more with every passing post.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

187. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

You know DSI is way outdated now... Since the 3DS XL is out in Europe they may just ignore the DSI version.

And I don't know why people were upset with the DSI delay if the wii version is out in Europe and the 3D remake is out too.

Just because it's older doesn't mean it won't come out, Japan got the DSi version of cavestory back in Nov. after the 3D version came out in other countries

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RupeeClock

188. Posted:

Japan actually got the DSiWare version?

Damn man, I still want it to come out in the EU region, even if I plan to only get the 3DS eShop version now.
The delays are just, ridiculous.

RupeeClock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

189. Posted:

Yep, they never got the WW version though, but they did get La Mulana so..........

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

190. Posted:

LM was published by NOJ, so don't even go there.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

191. Posted:

I'm still gonna continue to point this out.

When Capcom decides to publish their game 3 times with a few miniscule extras/differences, people complain.

Here, we're talking 5 times, and Nicalis is getting defended. Furthermore, they didn't even develop the original game, being founded 3 years after the original PC release. so it's hard to give them too much credit. In fact, don't get me wrong because I love the game, but any other game of incredible OR atrocious quality PROBABLY wouldn't be given so much slack. The fact that it was originally freeware changes things a bit, but still, quoth a random comment on Shifting World: "Hey let's all go pay 29.99 for free Flash games!"

And yes, I realize the difference in depth between Cave Story and Shift, but Shift has 4 total free versions.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

192. Posted:

The main mode is short, so that's probabky why it was free. Considering the extras in the game, i think it'll be worth the price

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

193. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

The main mode is short, so that's probabky why it was free. Considering the extras in the game, i think it'll be worth the price

lol, I'm probably gonna come off as a hypocrite, but when you take into account the multiple secrets and endings, you can probably get a good 16 hours out of CS if you replay it 3 or 4 times. The extras in this case I highly doubt justify multiple releases (not talking about costs)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

194. Posted:

@Rayworld, I'm not arguing against your point, but that quote (originally made by someone else, I know) about Shifting World is completely incorrect.

It's not a $29.99 version of a free flash game. while it is a sequel to the free flash games, every level in it is brand new (in other words, it's not just a 3D version of the flash games).

Of course, I'm not vouching for the game's quality (knowing it has many technical issues), but the person who claimed it's a $29.99 copy of a free game is wrong.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

195. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

@Rayworld, I'm not arguing against your point, but that quote (originally made by someone else, I know) about Shifting World is completely incorrect.

It's not a $29.99 version of a free flash game. while it is a sequel to the free flash games, every level in it is brand new (in other words, it's not just a 3D version of the flash games).

Of course, I'm not vouching for the game's quality (knowing it has many technical issues), but the person who claimed it's a $29.99 copy of a free game is wrong.

I know that :P I actually am quite interested in the game, and I can see that (unlike these CS iterations) it is completely different, or at the very-least all-new.

It was just a point about the 5 pay iterations of CS, and how for some reason Nicalis is defended for lacking in the publisher area.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChibiJib

196. Posted:

Australia is much worse than Europe. Cave Story DSiWare hasn't come out yet, VVVVVV hasn't come out yet, Shantae isn't here yet, Inchworm animation same thing, no Petit Computer, no Sakura Samurai... :(

Edited on by ChibiJib

My NNID: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
My DeviantART profile: http://jibberldd5.deviantart.com/
Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jibberldd5/

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

197. Posted:

Petit and Samurai and CSDSI aren't in EU either.

Lucky for you, changing your region to Europe will let you buy VVVVVV, Shantae and Inchworm

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChibiJib

198. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Petit and Samurai and CSDSI aren't in EU either.

Lucky for you, changing your region to Europe will let you buy VVVVVV, Shantae and Inchworm

Hmm... I don't think Aussie eShop cards will work though...

My NNID: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
My DeviantART profile: http://jibberldd5.deviantart.com/
Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jibberldd5/

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

199. Posted:

jibberldd5 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Petit and Samurai and CSDSI aren't in EU either.

Lucky for you, changing your region to Europe will let you buy VVVVVV, Shantae and Inchworm

[/div]

Hmm... I don't think Aussie eShop cards will work though...

Can't you just put the funds down first and then change the region?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lancea34

200. Posted:

Still no response from Nicalis. Actually, since July 28th they' haven't tweeted anything.

3DS friend code: 4725-8076-8747