3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Upcoming 3DS Downloads

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,020

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

141. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko
I went from a 2GB to a 32GB without problems. I just put my current card in my computer, did a exact copy of everything on it and then put that copy on the new SD card. My 3DS didn't have any problems recognizing the data (which it shouldn't since it was exactly the same only that the card had more memory.).

@RR529
That would be extremely weird. Launching a service like that and only allowing 1st party titles would be very stupid (but then again.. it's Nintendo..). They need to have at least 4-7 games available when they start doing this IMO. Having JUST NSMB.2 would suck.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

142. Posted:

@19Robb92 Okay, well I guess it shouldn't be a problem then. I'm sure I can figure it out. I've never done anything like that before. Does the computer need any drivers or programs to be able to copy SD card data like that? I'm not so computer savvy, though I can generally figure these things out with some research.

Also...I dunno, not trying to reprimand anyone, but I don't think Nintendo is stupid. Its something that is new to them, so they're "dipping their toe in the water" (I think that is the expression?). Personally, I do think that many people will buy the games digitally (I'm not sure what region is more likely do to it though, I could understand reasons for why Japan wouldn't be big on it at first), and that will give them incentive to put other games on the e-shop as well.

I'm not sure what the NA or PAL e-shop looks like, but on the Japanese e-shop it does look like the games would eventually have an option to be downloaded there, at least big-budget ones.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

143. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko
Nah, as long as you have a place to put it. Usually printers have SD card spaces and some computers may have them. It works just like with a USB, you'll get a folder that pops up automatically on the screen containing all the data. All you have to do is copy it to the computer and then copy that to the new SD card. It's a very simple procedure, it was for me at least.

Nintendo is a huge company. If they don't know how online systems work, they should hire people that do. For a company of that size to give the excuse that they're not familiar with online today is just silly.

And IIRC they did hire a new online VP? So they should have some somewhat knowledgeable people behind their online services by now.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

144. Posted:

@19Robb92 My laptop has an SD card slot. So I guess I'll try to find a relatively cheap but large data SD card. Then I'll be able to have all my stuff on the 3DS worry free about space.

And no, I do understand all that. Its just that this is a new territory for them, and Nintendo more so than Sony, and DEFINITELY more than Microsoft knows that what works for one region might not work for another. They're still a very Japanese company, and retail games being sold entirely through digital might not work here, but might work in NA. Or who knows, it might be the total opposite. Most people here are not as big into PC gaming as much as in the States or some other areas, so yes, they do need some western perspective when it comes to how to deal with selling digital in the west.

I do see Japan as a market where people still like to play with others face-to-face, that's why Game Centers (what they call Arcades in some places) are still huge in Japan, and games like Monster Hunter 3G didn't need online, just having local wireless play is enough for most people. Its a very different market, and when I heard that some games were going to be sold digitally, I totally wasn't sure how it would go, here or in NA, or EU. Different cultures breed different gaming styles, and Nintendo is very conscious of that, but they're sometimes overly cautious about changing things because of worry about failure, which I understand.

For instance, I totally see the WiiU as partially an appeal to western gamers, since they are more concerned with having a large entertainment environment, with online and multi-connectivity, whereas in Japan there's been a trend towards portable gaming.

Just my two cents, since I've lived in multiple regions and noticed very different patterns.

I do completely agree with you though, some games just seem to fit digital a bit better though, particularly music games. I just got Dopamix on the e-shop, and its a lovely little title. I do with I could get Final Fantasy Theatrhythm digital as well.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

145. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko
Yeah, that should work just fine.

You're probably right. I'm guessing the main idea of StreetPass came from looking at the Japanese gaming market. But I still don't think calming that they're new to online is a valid excuse.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

146. Posted:

@19Robb92 You might be right on that. Again, I'm not shooting down anything you're saying, I think you bring up a valid point. I do see the west and China moving towards digital (and theres a lot of articles and evidence around to point to that), while Japan is not. So even if they don't focus on online so much here, in the west for some titles at least they will need to boost online, which it seems like they're trying to do.

A lot of people claim that Nintendo will lost credibility and power if they fall behind in the international market, but I don't see being #2 or #3 internationally and #1 in Japan as a bad thing. They're always the big gaming company here, they understand the Japanese market way more than the other companies, and its a trusted company. I don't see losing momentum internationally but keeping dominance in Japan as "failing", as I've seen loads of times on websites like Kotaku. Also, Nintendo DId fall behind Sony for a long time during the N64/Gamecube era, and it was only with the DS, and partially with the Wii, that they attained international dominance again, which they didn't have since the SNES era.

And yes, "Streetpass" (I always forget the English word for it), is a fun thing here in Japan, though I've heard people complain about it in other countries. I just walk to the store here and get like, 4 or 5 connections with other people. Going to Tokyo on the train is just craziness. haha
I don't think all titles need online. Some could be boosted a bit with it, like Fire Emblem, others might need it (or depending on the region, local wireless) like Monster Hunter.
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm or Professor Layton? I doubt its needed all that much.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

147. Posted:

Some more Japanese eShop games will be making their Stateside debuts soon.

The Phantom Thief Stina & the 30 Jewels, and Touch Battle Tank 3D from Silver Star are coming.

Not too sure about Phantom Thief, but I think I'm going to like Touch Battle Tank. It's visuals are very simplistic, but it looks fun.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZeekyInc

148. Posted:

Ok I have a prediction for next week;
-Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters
-Tumble Pop
-The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels
-Masyu by Nikoli
And after that I think were getting Wario Land, Planet Crashers and 3D Solitare.

ZeekyInc

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SmashYoshi123

149. Posted:

According To Digital Nintendo, Here's What Coming Next Week
July 19th- Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
July 19th- Tumble Pop (GB)
July 19th- The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels
July 19th- Petit Computer
July 19th- Masyu By Nikoli
July 19th- Rabi Lady 2

Edited on by SmashYoshi123

I can't wait for Smash Bros for 3DS.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

150. Posted:

Today was such a good day for Nintendo downloads, it's hard to imagine them topping it soon.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

151. Posted:

If Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, is anything like the NES KI, I'll might get it, as long as the price is right.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cyb3Rnite

152. Posted:

Agh, dangit nintendo, where the heck is our flip note studio 3D?

Avatar by Celestier.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Fire Emblem Awakening, Tomodachi Life, and League of Legends.
Also known as sushifreAk, Justice, kidIcarus, and AnActualDash.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

153. Posted:

@LordJumpMad I've heard plenty of people say its better.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

154. Posted:

This week I'll be getting Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters for sure. Where's the NA demo for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

155. Posted:

MrBabySpencer wrote:

According To Digital Nintendo, Here's What Coming Next Week
July 19th- Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
July 19th- Tumble Pop (GB)
July 19th- The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels
July 19th- Petit Computer

Nice! Yet another solid week. I'm so glad to see Nintendo finally got their online store act together. Even if it only lasts for the summer. I'm hoping that Phantom Thief thing turns out like Undead Storm. Real ugly, but fun. Anyone know how much petit computer will be worth?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

156. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MrBabySpencer wrote:

According To Digital Nintendo, Here's What Coming Next Week
July 19th- Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
July 19th- Tumble Pop (GB)
July 19th- The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels
July 19th- Petit Computer

[/div]

Nice! Yet another solid week. I'm so glad to see Nintendo finally got their online store act together. Even if it only lasts for the summer. I'm hoping that Phantom Thief thing turns out like Undead Storm. Real ugly, but fun. Anyone know how much petit computer will be worth?

$8 and ya I hope that the thief game is also fun,hope it got multiple maps...is there 30 jewels in one map or 1-few in a level.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

157. Posted:

Hope the sale this week is for Pushmo, Dillon or Freakyforms.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

158. Posted:

What is Petit Computer? Is it that DSiWare game making thing, or something else?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

159. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@19Robb92 You might be right on that. Again, I'm not shooting down anything you're saying, I think you bring up a valid point. I do see the west and China moving towards digital (and theres a lot of articles and evidence around to point to that), while Japan is not. So even if they don't focus on online so much here, in the west for some titles at least they will need to boost online, which it seems like they're trying to do.

A lot of people claim that Nintendo will lost credibility and power if they fall behind in the international market, but I don't see being #2 or #3 internationally and #1 in Japan as a bad thing. They're always the big gaming company here, they understand the Japanese market way more than the other companies, and its a trusted company. I don't see losing momentum internationally but keeping dominance in Japan as "failing", as I've seen loads of times on websites like Kotaku. Also, Nintendo DId fall behind Sony for a long time during the N64/Gamecube era, and it was only with the DS, and partially with the Wii, that they attained international dominance again, which they didn't have since the SNES era.

And yes, "Streetpass" (I always forget the English word for it), is a fun thing here in Japan, though I've heard people complain about it in other countries. I just walk to the store here and get like, 4 or 5 connections with other people. Going to Tokyo on the train is just craziness. haha
I don't think all titles need online. Some could be boosted a bit with it, like Fire Emblem, others might need it (or depending on the region, local wireless) like Monster Hunter.
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm or Professor Layton? I doubt its needed all that much.

I agree as long as Nintendo does well in Japan they'll do fine ^.^

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

160. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

What is Petit Computer? Is it that DSiWare game making thing, or something else?

Yes think of it like WarioWare DIY but a little more advanced

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }