3DS eShop Forum

Topic: Unlimited Uses: a Future for Nintendo Demos?

Showing 1 to 20 of 49

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

1. Posted:

As those of you who downloaded the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Demo noticed, this particular demo has Unlimited uses as opposed to the usual 30 and the rare 10.

Do you think we might get more demos in the future with unlimited plays? Or is this perhaps a once in a lifetime deal?

I already know there will be about 20 of you who are going to say "Well that's how it should have been all along!," but please don't make too big a deal about it.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

2. Posted:

No..the TFF demo also has 30 uses. I'm looking at it right now - they must have changed it for NA...
If a demo is done correctly it should give you a taste of what the game is about - but limit it so that you'd want to get the full game if you enjoyed it. I think 30 uses is enough to decide whether or not you actually want to buy the game. Unlimited demo's would be nice though - but they might be much more limited in content as a consequence.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

3. Posted:

On my screen it has Unlimited uses. Maybe it's different for different regions?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

4. Posted:

I don't care how many uses they limit, I just want more demos on the eshop.
I think Nintendo should put most of their first party titles as demos, as well as other developers.
Also, like they do with XBLA, I think all 3DSWARE titles should have demos...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchiya

5. Posted:

No

Frankenstein was the creator - not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people - Kryten

Back in Black is the best song ever. Argue, and I'll have to slap you. Hard.

Nintendo Network ID: Tsuchiya-U

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raiko

6. Posted:

I've rarely played a demo more than twice, so I don't think it's necessary. I know I may download a demo again in the future, if nothing else interests me, but the likeliness of playing it a total of 10 times or more seems very unlikely.

Raiko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

7. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

I've rarely played a demo more than twice, so I don't think it's necessary. I know I may download a demo again in the future, if nothing else interests me, but the likeliness of playing it a total of 10 times or more seems very unlikely.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adhrast

8. Posted:

I think the best way of dealing with this would be a system that's rather simple, actually. You make us download the full game, with something like a 60 minutes time-limit. You like it? Then you buy it, and thus the complete game unlocks. Wouldn't that be easy and practical?

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

9. Posted:

Adhrast wrote:

I think the best way of dealing with this would be a system that's rather simple, actually. You make us download the full game, with something like a 60 minutes time-limit. You like it? Then you buy it, and thus the complete game unlocks. Wouldn't that be easy and practical?

Good idea but that actually could create some problems.
Say if the game was short, you may actually have played a lot of it during the hour, hence not bothering buying the full game. You may have seen everything the game has so offer in one hour, so not feeling compelled to buy the full version...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adhrast

10. Posted:

Well, 60 minutes was just an example, it could be 20, 30, 40, whatever, what I meant to say was that I believe that would be the best system :)

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Treverend

11. Posted:

BayCraig100 wrote:

Adhrast wrote:

I think the best way of dealing with this would be a system that's rather simple, actually. You make us download the full game, with something like a 60 minutes time-limit. You like it? Then you buy it, and thus the complete game unlocks. Wouldn't that be easy and practical?

Good idea but that actually could create some problems.Say if the game was short, you may actually have played a lot of it during the hour, hence not bothering buying the full game. You may have seen everything the game has so offer in one hour, so not feeling compelled to buy the full version...

If you play through even 25% of the game in an hour there is a problem.. the devs should be working on it, not selling it.

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

12. Posted:

Treverend wrote:

If you play through even 25% of the game in an hour there is a problem.. the devs should be working on it, not selling it.

Portal, Bionic Commando Rearmed and Homefront (talking solely Story modes here) would like a word with you.

As for unlimited uses, yes I'd agree with that. True, you may not need more then 30 uses to decide whether or not you like the game, but it's still a convenience. And who knows? Maybe you'll want to play it several times more before deciding (This is only a problem with demos that don't let you restart like Spider-Man)

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

13. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Raiko wrote:

I've rarely played a demo more than twice, so I don't think it's necessary. I know I may download a demo again in the future, if nothing else interests me, but the likeliness of playing it a total of 10 times or more seems very unlikely.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Firejonie

14. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

I've rarely played a demo more than twice, so I don't think it's necessary. I know I may download a demo again in the future, if nothing else interests me, but the likeliness of playing it a total of 10 times or more seems very unlikely.

Since demos are usually only played once or twice. There's really no point in limited demo uses, they're not preventing any pirating issues and demos aren't played 30 times for most people. The limited uses are pointless, but the Nintendogs + Cats demo only having 5 uses is a little too low.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

15. Posted:

Wait, I thought Nintendogs had 10 uses?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Firejonie

16. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Wait, I thought Nintendogs had 10 uses?

I think it was either 10 or 5, I don't remember.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

fpssoviet

17. Posted:

Do you guys seriously care? Who plays a demo more than 5 times anyway.

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pokefanmum82

18. Posted:

i care.....5 times sometimes isn't enough to decide if i like a game or not....and plus what if i don't have the money to buy the game right now but i still want to play it or if my son wants to try it. Trust me I use a demo more than 5 times.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Avatar

supermikeee123

19. Posted:

Yes, I guess it use to be unlimited uses, because my friend has it with it. Now it has a 30 use limit when you download it, because that is how I have it. It does not just vary by region.

supermikeee123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

20. Posted:

fpssoviet wrote:

Do you guys seriously care? Who plays a demo more than 5 times anyway.

this

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!