McFox

962. Posted:

or Mighty Switch Force?

I like tears.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-7078-8765 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHammerBros

AuthorMessage

RR529

963. Posted:

@McFox, those are two of the best platformers on eShop, and both should definitely be in your collection.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

McFox

964. Posted:

I mighty get VVVVVV today. See what I did there?

I like tears.

AuthorMessage

McFox

965. Posted:

Any other recommendations?

I like tears.

AuthorMessage

RR529

966. Posted:

McFox wrote:

Any other recommendations?

It really depends on your tastes. The eShop has a great amount of content, for pretty much any genre (except FPS at the moment).

If you're into platformers, you have stuff like the Mighty Switch Force! series, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, Super Mario Land series, Kirby's Dreamland series, and more.

For puzzler fans, you have Pushmo, Crashmo, Ketzal's Corridors, 3 great Picross games (with a 4th coming), NightSky, GB Tetris, and more.

For RPGs, you have the Denpa Men series, Crimson Shroud, PicDun 2, Sword of Hope II, Shining Force: the Sword of Hajya, etc.

For "Metroidvania" fans, you have Cave Story, Metroid, Metroid II, Tails' Adventure, & Bloody Vampire.

For arcade style action, games like Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D, Chain Blaster, Nano Assault EX, Liberation Maiden, Pac-Man, 3D Classics: TwinBee, and more fared well.

As for sports games, Family Tennis 3D had a favorable reception, and the recent slew of bowling games, while not great, got a decent reception.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

McFox

967. Posted:

I already have Mutant Mudds, Denpa Men 2, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Gunman Clive, and the Oracle games.

Edited on by McFox

I like tears.

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

968. Posted:

McFox wrote:

I already have Mutant Mudds, Denpa Men 2, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Gunman Clive, and the Oracle games.

SteamWorld Dig is one of the best games on the eShop. And if you like classic RPGs, Crimson Shroud is a must too.

Finally, if you like puzzles go for Pullblox or Fallblox.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

rayword45

969. Posted:

McFox wrote:

Puzzle: Art of Balance Touch
Arcade/Action: EscapeVektor
Shooter: Nano Assault EX

Those are my top 3 games on the eShop thus far.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

970. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

McFox wrote:

SteamWorld Dig is one of the best games on the eShop. And if you like classic RPGs, Crimson Shroud is a must too.

Finally, if you like puzzles go for Pullblox or Fallblox.

Pushmo and "Pullblox" are the exact same game...

@McFox

I highly recommend Donkey Kong on the Game Boy VC (a really expansive puzzle-platformer masterpiece) and Punch-Out on the NES VC (if you've never played it, think Sakura Samurai with boxing instead of swordplay). Also, will totally back up the recommendations of Steamworld Dig and Crimson Shroud.

Oh, and Mighty Switch Force is awesome. One of my favorite platformers on 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

RR529

971. Posted:

After saving up for a couple of months, I finally have some money to spend on eShop.

Today I've already bought The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, and I have around $14 left, so I have enough for two games. I will definitely get Shantae next, but I'm unsure about what's next.

It's either going to be Kirby's Dreamland 2 or Picross e, and I want to know how many blocks Pe is. I only have a couple thousand blocks left, and if Pe guzzles them (lets say 800 or more), I'll probably opt for Kirby instead (since VC games don't take up much space).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SmaMan

972. Posted:

I want to take advantage of the Atlus sale. I already have Code of Princess, and I'm down to Etrian Odyssey IV and SMT:Demon Summoner Soul Hackers.

I've played the EO4 demo, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm not really liking all the micromanagement and the manual map system. But I do like a good dungeon crawler.

I'm really enjoying SMT4, but I haven't played any other entries in the series... and they don't have a demo for SMTDSSH...

So... knowing that, and possibly more if you should ask, which one should I get? Or should I just put this $30 towards something else altogether?

Edited on by SmaMan

3DS FC: 0688-5773-0158

Twitter: SmaMan

AuthorMessage

faint

973. Posted:

30 bucks?
I'll give you 2 great options
1. Soul Hackers
2.Unchained Blades (hard as nails dungeon crawler from x-seed)

Edited on by faint

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

974. Posted:

Steamworld Dig or Dillons Rolling Western 2 or Bike rider DX
Oh, @RR529, get Kirby. Picross e is a shadow of the other picross games, and doesn't have that "Nintendo touch"
It is a generic picross game, and you can get many for cheaper on IOS.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

RR529

975. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Oh, @RR529, get Kirby. Picross e is a shadow of the other picross games, and doesn't have that "Nintendo touch"

My iPod Touch stopped working long ago, so I can't consider App Store alternatives, and I haven't played the DS Picross games (which I assume you're comparing it's charm factor to), so I wouldn't have any expectations for it to meet in that regard.

Considering that, do you still think it'd be a bad pick? (the reviews I've seen have been pretty positive at least...)

The only other Picross game I've played is Mario's Picross.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

976. Posted:

I am currently considering Super Mario Bros. 2, a Sonic game (possibly Sonic 1 Game-Gear, Sonic 2 Game-Gear, or wait until 3D Classics: Sonic 1), Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, and Cave Story +. Which one should I buy? Oh yeah, and my list may change depending on how much money my grandparents will let me spend. (For example, if allowed, I may purchase Mario & Luigi Dream Team.)

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

977. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Red_XIII wrote:

My iPod Touch stopped working long ago, so I can't consider App Store alternatives, and I haven't played the DS Picross games (which I assume you're comparing it's charm factor to), so I wouldn't have any expectations for it to meet in that regard.

Considering that, do you still think it'd be a bad pick? (the reviews I've seen have been pretty positive at least...)

The only other Picross game I've played is Mario's Picross.

I'd recommend you to get Picross e2, the Micross mode is quite fun. And the button controls are just like in Mario's Picross, so you'll be right at home.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Obito_Tennyson

978. Posted:

I just bought Bit.Trip Saga and played two of the six games. (Beat and Runner) It's really fun, especially Bit.Trip Runner. It's on a sale for only $5 from now to the 15th. I recommend to anyone who does not have it yet, especially when it's the same price as the NES games. It's really addictive, but could get a little bit frustrating if you don't take breaks or if you're terrible at these type of games. I personally think that Bit.Trip Runner alone is worth the $5, but you could get five MORE games to come along with it. I haven't even played four of them.

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage

Jono97

979. Posted:

Should I get Resident evil mercenaries for $13?
(Australian pricing RRP for retail is $70 and pullbox is $9)
Also, asking the aussies, what do you think I should do with $2.50? Games all start at $3 and I'm not convinced that the videos are worth the purchase.

Edited on by Jono97

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter: clubmini123

AuthorMessage

oninowon

980. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

After saving up for a couple of months, I finally have some money to spend on eShop.

Today I've already bought The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, and I have around $14 left, so I have enough for two games. I will definitely get Shantae next, but I'm unsure about what's next.

It's either going to be Kirby's Dreamland 2 or Picross e, and I want to know how many blocks Pe is. I only have a couple thousand blocks left, and if Pe guzzles them (lets say 800 or more), I'll probably opt for Kirby instead (since VC games don't take up much space).

Don't bother with Picross e. I found it quite borinf due to the low challenge level.

oninowon