3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,257

AuthorMessage

TheRetroPrime

861. Posted:

Would anybody be interested in buying a download code for Art Academy on the 3DS eShop? I've decided against using it for myself as I prefer physical copies so if anyone wants it throw in your offers I'll give it cheaper than you can on the eShop and in stores of course!

TheRetroPrime

Nintendo Network ID: TheRetroPrime | Twitter: NWorrall1994

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

862. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Should I get Denpa Men 1 first or go ahead and play the second game?

I suggest playing through Denpa Men 1 - it's not too long but it'll get you used to the game mechanics. Denpa Men 2 has an overworld and a lot more frills like gardening and fishing, but the random battles are so difficult that it would definitely help to know what's going on first. Plus, there are quite a few continuity nods in the second game which are funny if you're familiar with the first.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rx2Techz

863. Posted:

I have $20 what should I get I dnt want dempa men I want some cool laid back I can play all day

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter: RxzWayz

AuthorMessage

RR529

864. Posted:

Rx2Techz wrote:

I have $20 what should I get I dnt want dempa men I want some cool laid back I can play all day

Denpa Men is a laid back game you can play all day. It's long, and it features classic turn based battles, so you can just sit back & carefully plan your way through battles...

Other than Denpa Men, other great choices would be Crimson Shroud, NightSky, Cave Story, Liberation Maiden, & VVVVVV (the latter 3 aren't laid back, but are too fantastic to pass up).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

865. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

@Sony_70

• The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (eShop)
  • Liberation Maiden (eShop)
  • Cave Story (eShop)
  • VVVVVV (eShop)
  • NightSky (eShop)
  • Gargoyle's Quest (GB)
  • Bionic Commando (GB)
  • Mario's Picross (GB)
  • Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (GB)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
  • Legend of the River King (GBC)
  • GG Shinobi (GG)

Thanks for posting some of those titles, even though I had Cave Story on WiiWare (no longer have my Wii), i'd like to play it again. VVVVV is on my Steam account, but its got such an amazing soundtrack and was just a blast to play...I may pick up both those games!

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

MementoLyn

866. Posted:

I can't decide between downloading Animal Crossing: New Leaf or The Denpa Men 2.
I tried out Animal Crossing: Wild World a tiny bit, and I didn't enjoy it much. Then again, I was playing it alone.
I'm somewhat interested in AC:NL because of the QR Code feature though. There are a few things I'd like to do in that game, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the money in my case since I didn't really enjoy AC:WW. I prefer taking my time to do whatever I want in games.
Anyone got any ideas on what I should do?

MementoLyn

3DS Friend Code: 5043-2002-8640

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

867. Posted:

MementoLyn wrote:

I can't decide between downloading Animal Crossing: New Leaf or The Denpa Men 2.
I tried out Animal Crossing: Wild World a tiny bit, and I didn't enjoy it much. Then again, I was playing it alone.
I'm somewhat interested in AC:NL because of the QR Code feature though. There are a few things I'd like to do in that game, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the money in my case since I didn't really enjoy AC:WW. I prefer taking my time to do whatever I want in games.
Anyone got any ideas on what I should do?

AC:NL is going to be a very social game, so you could play alongside the community here at NintendoLife if you like :) My guess is that people will be playing New Leaf for years, so you'll have lots of time to do whatever you want.

Denpa Men 2 on the other hand is at heart a grind-heavy RPG. The fishing, gardening and costuming elements are cool, but they're very simplified and you'll need to do a lot of grinding and exploring before you can get very far in them anyway. The only multiplayer is a PvP feature, but as far as I know you can't choose who you want to battle, instead you just get assigned opponents which are near your level. I guess you could share QR codes with friends, but that's also a bit obtuse since the codes are region locked.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage

MementoLyn

868. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

AC:NL is going to be a very social game, so you could play alongside the community here at NintendoLife if you like :) My guess is that people will be playing New Leaf for years, so you'll have lots of time to do whatever you want.

Denpa Men 2 on the other hand is at heart a grind-heavy RPG. The fishing, gardening and costuming elements are cool, but they're very simplified and you'll need to do a lot of grinding and exploring before you can get very far in them anyway. The only multiplayer is a PvP feature, but as far as I know you can't choose who you want to battle, instead you just get assigned opponents which are near your level. I guess you could share QR codes with friends, but that's also a bit obtuse since the codes are region locked.

Suppose that I get both games, but not immediately. Just one after another. Which one should I buy first then if I want to play without being too bored of grinding for level (Denpa Men 2)/bells (AC:NL)? Content wise, which one would last longer before I buy the other game?

MementoLyn

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

869. Posted:

@MementoLyn I'd say that Animal Crossing would have a lot more content, but Denpa Men has a storyline and a set of goals which keeps you streamlined towards finishing the game. Animal Crossing doesn't have any set goals, so people don't generally discuss game length when talking about it. You'll be able to have fun with it for a long time though.

Denpa Men will take around 20-30 hours to finish, I figure. I'm only halfway through, but there don't seem to be too many more dungeons to explore.

I'd actually recommend getting both at the same time, since Animal Crossing isn't the kind of game which will eat up all your free time. Unless you play obsessively of course.

AuthorMessage

MementoLyn

870. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

@MementoLyn I'd say that Animal Crossing would have a lot more content, but Denpa Men has a storyline and a set of goals which keeps you streamlined towards finishing the game. Animal Crossing doesn't have any set goals, so people don't generally discuss game length when talking about it. You'll be able to have fun with it for a long time though.

Denpa Men will take around 20-30 hours to finish, I figure. I'm only halfway through, but there don't seem to be too many more dungeons to explore.

I'd actually recommend getting both at the same time, since Animal Crossing isn't the kind of game which will eat up all your free time. Unless you play obsessively of course.

Alright. Thank you for the advices! I appreciate them. =D

MementoLyn

AuthorMessage

slidecage

871. Posted:

TheRetroPrime wrote:

Would anybody be interested in buying a download code for Art Academy on the 3DS eShop? I've decided against using it for myself as I prefer physical copies so if anyone wants it throw in your offers I'll give it cheaper than you can on the eShop and in stores of course!

like to have it but i doubt you sell for what i think its worth LOL :)

give you a hint the number is between 4 and 6

slidecage

AuthorMessage

slidecage

872. Posted:

MementoLyn wrote:

Magikarp wrote:

Suppose that I get both games, but not immediately. Just one after another. Which one should I buy first then if I want to play without being too bored of grinding for level (Denpa Men 2)/bells (AC:NL)? Content wise, which one would last longer before I buy the other game?

MEN 1 really did not have much grinding until the final tower (then post game) i never got pass the final tower of the main game due to major grinding need to be around level 60 i think and i was like 48 and it would taken forever to get that high.. ended around 27 hours

MEN 2 .... never really had to MAJOR GRIND i think am almost at the end (ice cave) around 20 hours into it..... i like it more then part 1 besides the freaking one cave that is random (you have to get the east and west points and then try to find it on the map (its different for almost everyone so no1 can give you the point to look at)

just got anmal crossing and im like blah not really my cup of tea (no real goals )

I say
men 2
animal
men 1

slidecage

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

873. Posted:

I want a NES game on my 3DS. Anyone suggestions other than Mega Man and Metroid (already in my library) ?

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

874. Posted:

I dont find Cave Story in eshop for the 3DS :( Is it available in PAL eshop?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

Karakato

875. Posted:

@GamecubeLad the last two may be a cop out but they are still nes games.
Ninja Gaiden
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure

@Metroidlink Nicalis has yet to release a solid date for the European release of Cave Story. They did say it is still due for release though if it means a...

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

876. Posted:

I decided to get a game from the VC but I can't decide between three very different games: Sword of Hope II, Columns and Radar Mission.

I enjoyed Shadowgate on the NES and this game looks like Shadowgate with a RPG mixed in. Dunno how long it is though. I doubt it's very long.

Columns is cool and I had it on the PSP, but alas, I don't have it anymore (the game I mean, not the PSP) and I like how you can change the jewels to fruits (couldn't do that on consoles)

I actually have Radar Mission on cartridge still. Anyway, I got Steel Diver recently and think Steel Commander is kinda hard for a Battleship variant. Then I remembered about Radar Mission on the Eshop.

Thing is, the latter two games have replay value while the RPG doesn't, even though it looks cool. Columns is the most expensive, which is strange, but I never played a GG game before and I would like to have at least one of those. I will also get G-LOC when it comes out. Radar Mission has been a CN reward previously though. Maybe it will come around again later.

P.S. I hate it when people ask, "should I get game x, y or z?" and then get a bunch of replies from people saying "don't get this, get a, b or c instead." Argh. If I wanted suggestions for other games, I would've said, so please, don't say stuff like, "hell, why get Columns when you can get the much better Tetris?"

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

877. Posted:

Is Resident evil the mercenaries 3D a good RE horror game (close to what RE Revelations was)? Other good horror games to around £8 on eshop?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

878. Posted:

Mercs 3D isn't a normal game though. It's a full blown version of the RE mini game, Mercenaries, where you kill as many baddies as you can within a time limit. I doubt there's much 'horror' in it, more like an expanded side game.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

879. Posted:

@Donjwolf: Sword of Hope II is a good classic RPG and worth it for its price. If you do enjoy the classic RPGs on the NES than you will enjoy it alot. I tend to enjoy the old NES style RPGs over the RPGs of today's gen. As I said the price makes it a steal as well.

Columns is a good game too and your right unlike Sword of Hope it has high replay value. For me Columns is as good as Tetris. If you are a fan of puzzle games you cant go wrong with Columns. Especially with its high replay value.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

880. Posted:

Thanks for the help, Tasuki. I actually just decided (before I read your post) that it'd probably be between the two games you've mentioned. Radar Mission has been a CN reward in the past and there's a good chance it may reappear again later like all the rest. I can get it free that way. Hmmm.

P.S. I already have GB Tetris on my 3DS so even if someone said to get that instead, it wouldn't do any good :D

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf