3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

RR529

741. Posted:

GoombaJMR wrote:

Ok because it looks like I should post help here...I have two choices for games but I dont know which to get :(...same with me as I only have 10 bucks

Crimson Shrouds (7.99)
Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (9.99)

So difficult to choose :(

It's a really tough choice, as they're the best two eShop games out there, IMO.

Length: It'll take about 20 hours to complete Denpa Men (40 if you do the post story dungeons). It takes about 8 hours to complete Crimson Shroud (you'll want to play it twice though, to get the good ending).

Graphics/Setting: Denpa Men is a very colorful quirky title with a simple story, while Crimson Shroud is very dark & has the deepest story on eShop.

Gameplay: Denpa Men features a more classic no-frills approach to turn based battling, but is more challenging than CS (mostly the post story dungeons). Crimson Shroud isn't as challenging as DM (even it's New Game + is tamer than DM's later dungeons), but it has a much more in depth and intriguing battle system.

Characters: There is much more variety in Denpa Men's cast, but the DM themselves are mostly throwaway, and Crimson Shroud has very well thought out interesting characters.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

742. Posted:

Hey thanks all for the suggestions, I went with Sword of Hope II figured I could use a good ole fashion RPG on the go. Thanks again.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Rod64

743. Posted:

Guys, I'm on the fence about Liberation Maiden.
I'm a total fan of SUDA's work, like No More Heroes, Killer 7, Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned; how's this game compared to those? Does it retain the unique SUDA style?
And what about this thing that they are calling this the first of a trilogy of games???

Rod64

AuthorMessage

GoombaJMR

744. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

GoombaJMR wrote:

Ok because it looks like I should post help here...I have two choices for games but I dont know which to get :(...same with me as I only have 10 bucks

Crimson Shrouds (7.99)
Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (9.99)

So difficult to choose :(

It's a really tough choice, as they're the best two eShop games out there, IMO.

Length: It'll take about 20 hours to complete Denpa Men (40 if you do the post story dungeons). It takes about 8 hours to complete Crimson Shroud (you'll want to play it twice though, to get the good ending).

Graphics/Setting: Denpa Men is a very colorful quirky title with a simple story, while Crimson Shroud is very dark & has the deepest story on eShop.

Gameplay: Denpa Men features a more classic no-frills approach to turn based battling, but is more challenging than CS (mostly the post story dungeons). Crimson Shroud isn't as challenging as DM (even it's New Game + is tamer than DM's later dungeons), but it has a much more in depth and intriguing battle system.

Characters: There is much more variety in Denpa Men's cast, but the DM themselves are mostly throwaway, and Crimson Shroud has very well thought out interesting characters.

Thanks for the advice, I will be looking into more detail, cause it is truly a tough choice :/

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter: GoombaJMR

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

745. Posted:

Rod64 wrote:

Guys, I'm on the fence about Liberation Maiden.
I'm a total fan of SUDA's work, like No More Heroes, Killer 7, Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned; how's this game compared to those? Does it retain the unique SUDA style?
And what about this thing that they are calling this the first of a trilogy of games???

Liberation Maiden is a little less over-the-top than most SUDA games, although it's still pretty off the wall. Just your average 16 year old schoolgirl President mech pilot saviour of Japan ;) It's also really short, and some would say it's easy.

The trilogy refers to the fact that it belongs to a compilation called Guild01, although those games have really nothing in common besides their design philosophy.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

746. Posted:

So, Ikachan or Bloody Vampire? While neither are perfect, I hear they're both decent Metroidvanias for the price.

BTW, as for Metroidvanias, I already have (and completed):

• Cave Story
  • Metroid
  • Metroid II
  • Metroid Fusion (amb)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

747. Posted:

Bloody Vampire gives you the better value (4-5 Hours to complete) and it is an overall decent Igavania clone. Ikachan on the other hand is a more polished experience (Better graphics, controls, music & story), but the sub-hour length and inappropriate price is a huge pill to swallow. It is no doubt that this was the precursor to Cave Story but in comparison it feels like a preview, but an enjoyable preview. While I enjoyed both and you can go either way, I have to say Ikachan left a better impact on me since it had the charm and the replayability similar to that of the early Kirby games. In the other hand, I felt like I got my money's worth out of Bloody Vampire. If you want a charming yet simple game that is reminiscent of Cave Story and is easy to get into and replay, get Ikachan. You want Doujin styled Metroidvania action complete with stat upgrades and hidden paths that will give you more bang for your buck, get Bloody Vampire.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

748. Posted:

For the best Metroidvania platforming besides Cave Story, drop your anti-DSiWare stigma and pick up Shantae: Risky's Revenge. It has it's flaws but is overall an enjoyable experience and pretty decent for 12 bucks. Combine that with X-Scape and that's a great $20 package, then go back to avoiding DSiWare.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

749. Posted:

Well, Picdun 2: the Witch's Curse came out today, so Ikachan & Bloody Vampire will have to wait for the next time I get some funds for eShop.

I just can't resist an RPG when the opportunity arises, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

750. Posted:

Didn't you avoid Planet Crashers? Some sort of internal sense?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

751. Posted:

^I could tell from videos I'd seen of it on YouTube that I wouldn't like it.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

752. Posted:

I have $15 left kn my digital 3DS wallet and am a big nut for platformers. I currently have my eye on Crashmo, and I am also interested in any other 3DS eShop platformer as well. Could you guys think of any? Do not include VC or DSiWare games. I am also thinking of holding out for Jett Rocket II. What should I do? I am getting Harmoknight regardles once I add more money after I spend my curreng money so don't mention holding oht for Harmoknight.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

rayword45

753. Posted:

I am inclined to recommend X-Scape even though it's DSiWare.

Past that, it'd be sorta nice to know what you have. Mighty Switch Force is good, next week we got Fractured Soul for platformers. As a person who wasn't a huge fan of Pushmo I can say Crashmo is a lot better though so spend $6 on that.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

754. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

I have $15 left kn my digital 3DS wallet and am a big nut for platformers. I currently have my eye on Crashmo, and I am also interested in any other 3DS eShop platformer as well. Could you guys think of any? Do not include VC or DSiWare games. I am also thinking of holding out for Jett Rocket II. What should I do? I am getting Harmoknight regardles once I add more money after I spend my curreng money so don't mention holding oht for Harmoknight.

From what I've played:

6. Mutant Mudds ($9)
5. Gunman Clive ($2)
4. NightSky ($10)
3. Mighty Switch Force! ($6)
2. VVVVVV ($8)
1. Cave Story ($10)

NightSky being the most unconventional of the bunch, but they're all unique (except for Mudds. It's still a great game, just the most unoriginal).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

755. Posted:

I'd argue Gunman Clive is equally unoriginal since both games feature a unique art-style (what the hell is 12-bit?) and nothing else. Cave Story as well, but it's a much better game then the other 2 combined so it's okay.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

756. Posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got Crashmo, Mighty Switch Force, and Gunman Clive. All great games... Crashmo is difficult yet rewarding, Mighty Switch Force is short but sweet, as well as Gunman Clive being short but sweet. My favorite of the three is Crashmo, and counting Mega Man 2 , which I got three weeks ago, Mighty Sitch Force is in second place, Mega Man 2 is third, and Gunman Clive is in fourth place they are all a blast to play. Next time I get eShop money, I will either get Harmoknight, Jett Rocket II, or Mario VS Donkey Kong Minis on the Move if it's out. Thanks anyways! :)

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

Karakato

757. Posted:

Seeing that Ketzal's Corridors is getting discounted to $5 later, I highly advise you to try the game out. It's certainly one of my favorite eshop puzzle games thus far. With some of the best 3D effects, an addictive twist to the Tetris formula that puts your reflexes to the test and loads of extra modes via world map, this game was destined to be played on a 3D portable machine. Just Get It.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

758. Posted:

Hey guys! It's me again. I'm adding some money this Friday. Should I get:
-Harmoknight (I heard this was fun)
-Mega Man 3 (I loved Mega Man 2.)
-Kersploosh
-Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
-Buy a retail download and wait another few months to get other games

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

759. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

-Kersploosh

If you loved Megaman 2 I say go with Megaman 3. IMO 3 is better than 2 especially with the addition of the slide and Rush. 3 is considered by many to be one of the best in the series.

As for Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels that is a tough call. Alot of people like it than again alot of people like myself dont. Its is very similar to SMB but the difficulty has been cranked up alot. But if you love a good challenge and dont mind the similarity than that is a game for you.

I cant give an opinion on the other ones since I have not played them yet. Hope that helps.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

760. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

-Kersploosh

If you loved Megaman 2 I say go with Megaman 3. IMO 3 is better than 2 especially with the addition of the slide and Rush. 3 is considered by many to be one of the best in the series.

As for Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels that is a tough call. Alot of people like it than again alot of people like myself dont. Its is very similar to SMB but the difficulty has been cranked up alot. But if you love a good challenge and dont mind the similarity than that is a game for you.

I cant give an opinion on the other ones since I have not played them yet. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'll definitely get Mega Man 3, and Harmoknight to go with.