3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

721. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I could never get into Metroid 2. I still prefer the original over it.

I also had a hard time getting into it myself. A game that was designed to be atmospheric as Metroid II is, deserved to have color! My second reason was that it had no map (unlike Super Metroid and later installments) and the player could find himself lost at one point, trying to figure out a way to progress.
As for 'Donkey Kong '94', it's simply beyond words.. What a platformer! 10/10 in my book.

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

722. Posted:

Cave Story, Ikachan, Mario Lost Levels, or Mega Man??

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

RR529

723. Posted:

Pichuka97 wrote:

I'll say Cave Story. It's pure 2D platforming bliss, and it's a better "Metroidvania" title than some Metroids (I at least enjoyed it more than Metroid & Metroid II).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

724. Posted:

If you've never played it before, Cave Story is a brilliant game with a decently length campaign (I managed 7 hours, people seem to average 9-12) and some good replay value. The 3DS download version includes some extras.

Ikachan isn't worth $5, I'm not speaking for VC.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

725. Posted:

Cave Story definitely with this version in particular being the best version of CS yet. Definitely nab this one if you are looking for an action platformer with elements of Metroid. If you have enough cash to spare, I definitely Recommend Mega Man 2 (or wait for the superior 3) for some retro run and gun platforming action. As for Ikachan, it was definitely a satisfying experience but $5 is a hard pill to swallow. I'd say get it if you are a fan of Cave Story, which you are not.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

726. Posted:

Thanks, I was thinking about Cave Story because I've never played it and it looks really cool.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Brendonm17

727. Posted:

ikachan.... i got it, and it is very easy..... and very short. but a game that i will DEFINETLY come back to play later...

UNO dsi friend code: 4857 5831 0960

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1659-8911

AuthorMessage

Brendonm17

728. Posted:

oh.... and we should get a couple different harvest moons (not the gbc one; were already getting that one)

UNO dsi friend code: 4857 5831 0960

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1659-8911

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

729. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I could never get into Metroid 2. I still prefer the original over it.

I also had a hard time getting into it myself. A game that was designed to be atmospheric as Metroid II is, deserved to have color! My second reason was that it had no map (unlike Super Metroid and later installments) and the player could find himself lost at one point, trying to figure out a way to progress.
As for 'Donkey Kong '94', it's simply beyond words.. What a platformer! 10/10 in my book.

Really, the first couple of Metroid games weren't very good. It was only after Super Metroid that Ninty really hit the jackpot. Zero Mission was the peak of excellence for the series, in my opinion. It is one of the greatest games ever made.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

730. Posted:

Ok so I have 3 dollars to spend wondering if anyone of you guys can suggest a game for that price or should I just save it. I just got Gunman Clive so please dont recommend that. Also will take Dsiware into consideration too.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

731. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I have 3 dollars to spend wondering if anyone of you guys can suggest a game for that price or should I just save it. I just got Gunman Clive so please dont recommend that. Also will take Dsiware into consideration too.

If you don't get taxed on downloads in your area, I'd suggest the Sword of Hope II if you enjoy RPGs (it's $2.99).

It's a bit oldschool as far as RPGs go, but you just get sent back to the opening area if you die (you don't lose any items, experience, money, or story progress), so it's forgiving to newcomers.

If Mario's Picross is also $2.99, I'd also suggest that. It's probably the longest GB game I've played, and I really enjoyed it (and I'm usually not much of a puzzle guy).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

732. Posted:

Nope I dont get taxed in my area :D. I forgot to mention that.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

733. Posted:

What's the consensus on Bit Trip Saga.

Want to pick it up but I hear the lag is bad. Does it effect the runner levels?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Birdman

734. Posted:

@Sony_70 - I never played the WiiWare/Complete versions, but I was able to beat Runner on Saga. I don't think the lag is too terrible in it, but it can definitely mess up your rhythm on it. 6 high-quality games for only $10? I'd say get it.

@Tasuki - For eShop/DSiWare games worth looking at for under $3, I'd look into Aura-Aura Climber, Candle Route, GO Series: Undead Storm, Pop Island: Paperfield, Spotto! and CATRAP.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

735. Posted:

I'd say pick up Sword of hope II. Like RR529 said above its a pretty old school first person RPG. The game is oddly difficult as there agree many times monsters can decimate you, but thankfully there is no loss of items or experience. There are also times where the path you need to go isn't that apparent. Early in the game I didn't know where to go and currently im 'be gotten loss in the water stages.

One of the problems I have with the game is there isn't any real checkpoint system so when you die your sent back to the first safe haven and have yo back track to where you were. Its not a problem early on but once you get to later areas of the game. Also the enemy encounter rate is very old school and you seem to get into a fight every 3-4 steps.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

736. Posted:

Pichuka97 wrote:

I say Mega Man 2. B - )

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

smatilofy

737. Posted:

I have $10 dollars and I don't know which game on my wish list to buy. The games in my wish list is Crimson Shroud, Rytmik Retrobits, Mighty Switch Force!, Bit Trip Saga, Liberation Maiden, and Link's Awakening DX.

smatilofy

AuthorMessage

RR529

738. Posted:

smatilofy wrote:

I have $10 dollars and I don't know which game on my wish list to buy. The games in my wish list is Crimson Shroud, Rytmik Retrobits, Mighty Switch Force!, Bit Trip Saga, Liberation Maiden, and Link's Awakening DX.

Tough Choice. I'll say Link's Awakening DX. It's a fantastic game all around, and as this is a Nintendo fan site, it's always safe to recommend a first party title.

Crimson Shroud is fantastic if you're into RPGs, though. Liberation Maiden is a blast, with top notch production values, and great for achievement & high score hunters. Mighty Switch Force! is a thoroughly enjoyable platformer that invokes fond memories of the 16 bit era.

I can't vouch for the others.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

GoombaJMR

739. Posted:

Ok because it looks like I should post help here...I have two choices for games but I dont know which to get :(...same with me as I only have 10 bucks

Crimson Shrouds (7.99)
Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (9.99)

So difficult to choose :(

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter: GoombaJMR

AuthorMessage

LordessMeep

740. Posted:

GoombaJMR wrote:

Ok because it looks like I should post help here...I have two choices for games but I dont know which to get :(...same with me as I only have 10 bucks

Crimson Shrouds (7.99)
Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (9.99)

So difficult to choose :(

I know very little about Crimson Shroud but as somebody who has Denpa Men, I'd recommend it if you enjoy quirky RPGs. I especially enjoy taking my 3DS around my neighbourhood, trying to catch myself some new Denpas.

(username - lordesmeep)

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6569-9541