3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 701 to 720 of 1,256

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

701. Posted:

Unlike others I found Dempamen boring. Pokedex 3D pro is cool (as long as you like pokemon or questions) and Tomy cash mobs is also funny.

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

nooooooooooooop

702. Posted:

Heya! Kinda need your help. I've got £4.63 left on the eShop and I don't know what to spend it on! I recently bought the origanal The Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros.: The lost levels and Pokemon Dream Rader. Please help!!!

Forever Super Mario Sunshine! Come on! I grew up with that shizzle!

Consoles: Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 3780-9416-2650

AuthorMessage

NinFreak

703. Posted:

@HadoukenKyle You could have a look at one of the Wario Land games!

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

AuthorMessage

Karakato

704. Posted:

For $2(approx the same price as your store's currency) You can get either Gun man clive, a decent Megaman clone or Bird mania 3D, A decent Endless runner.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

705. Posted:

For $2, some good DSiWare games would be Aura-Aura Climber, Ace Mathician or Pop Island: Paperfield.

Stay away from Bird Mania 3D.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

706. Posted:

HadoukenKyle wrote:

Heya! Kinda need your help. I've got £4.63 left on the eShop and I don't know what to spend it on! I recently bought the origanal The Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros.: The lost levels and Pokemon Dream Rader. Please help!!!

Get Gunman Clive. It's a great run n' gun platformer that pays homage to classic series, such as Mega Man.

It's not a very long game, but it's very high quality for the price, and there's 3 playable characters (one is a secret unlockable) & multiple difficulty levels, meaning you'll probably want to play through it more than once.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

707. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

HadoukenKyle wrote:

Heya! Kinda need your help. I've got £4.63 left on the eShop and I don't know what to spend it on! I recently bought the original The Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros.: The lost levels and Pokemon Dream Rader. Please help!!!

Get Gunman Clive. It's a great run n' gun platformer that pays homage to classic series, such as Mega Man.

It's not a very long game, but it's very high quality for the price, and there's 3 playable characters (one is a secret unlockable) & multiple difficulty levels, meaning you'll probably want to play through it more than once.

I agree, Gunman Clive is a great game and if you try to get no damage and time badges with all characters, it's actually not that short.

If it doesn't convince you, Super Mario Land 2 and all Wario Land games are great, although I prefer Mario Land.

@Tobias95 yeah, I had high hopes but when I played the demo turned into a no-no for me. Boring battles, bland dungeons and annoying denpa hunting. Good ideas with a weak execution.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

RR529

708. Posted:

Now that I've beaten Crimson Shroud, I'll give it a solid recommendation.

Ties with Denpa Men as my favorite eShop title.

Length: Denpa Men is better here (offering 20-30 hours to beat the game. 40-50 if you want to do all post story stuff), but Crimson Shroud is still longer than most eShop titles (coming in at 8-10 hours to beat, although you have to play it twice to get the good ending, which means it's altogether 16-20 hours).

Story: Crimson Shroud easily wins here, with what's the most involved story I've seen from an eShop game yet, and it's characters are infinitely more interesting than Denpa Men's.

Difficulty: Denpa Men provides a greater challenge, IMO (especially the post story content, which can get pretty brutal), but I've only just started on my second playthrough of Crimson Shroud (which is at a higher difficulty than the first), so I'll have to reserve final judgement on this area.

Gameplay: Crimson Shroud wins here, with a unique turn based battle system, that is more involved than Denpa Men's (the occasional dice rolling is a really cool twist). Still, Denpa Men's no frills aproach to turn based battling is still fun, and will be more approachable to RPG newcomers.

Graphics/Art Style: This is a real tough one. I prefer the colorful world of Denpa Men to the more drab art style of Crimson Shroud, but the whole table top theme of Crimson Shroud is charming in it's own right (while the Denpa Men themselves are a tad more quirky than charming, IMO). Graphically, both titles are really solid.

Both games are really solid, though, and must downloads for RPG fans (I'd actually recommend them to anyone just looking out for a good eShop game to try).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

rosebud

709. Posted:

I will third the Gunman Clive recommendation. My 9 year old son really likes it too.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

710. Posted:

I highly recommend Pokemon Dream Radar! I purchased it on January 24th. It is very fun! I have caught two Pokemon already and transferred them to Pokemon White Version 2! :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

MarioKenny1992

711. Posted:

the only real problem I have with SML1 is that it's way too easy - even on the hardest difficulty after you finish it for the first time! it might be just me though :P but yeah, I would definitely recommend SML2 over the first one!

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage

Musterd

712. Posted:

Should I get Ikachan? I heard it's really short and kind of disappointing if you played Cave Story, but I've never played CS and I've played through Kirby's Dreamland lots of times, so I don't think the shortness will be an issue for me. But the real question is, is the game itself good?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

Musterd

713. Posted:

But anyway, I'd recommend SML 2, both Wario Lands, both Kirby platformers and Donkey Kong for Game Boy. I like Metroid 2 more than Metroid because whereas the original has basically identical halls and rooms, the sequel has actual different environments, which makes for a better sense of exploration.
Freakyforms is good if you're really creative (like me), but I've heard others don't really like the somewhat shallow gameplay.
Gunman Clive is really good, and the unlockable character is worth the price of the game itself.

AuthorMessage

Musterd

714. Posted:

Oh yeah, and also VVVVVV

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

715. Posted:

You people should get Bloody Vampire and Gunman Clive. Do it.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

716. Posted:

So far it's been Link's Awakening DX and Donkey Kong '94 that had been constantly impressing the player by delivering new gameplay elements all to the very end. VVVVVV is simply great. One of the finest platformers on the service, along with Cave Story and Mighty Switch Force. Oh, and without a doubt, Wario Land is much better than SML2. I had the price-cut deal for Metroid II and I haven't found it to be even half as good as 'Super Metroid' was.

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

717. Posted:

Dangit... I have $2 exactly and I want to buy Gunman Clive... but I don't have enough for tax... :(

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

718. Posted:

Guys, do you think Metroid II is better than the first? Most of the people on this forum are recommending the black and white sequel over it's colorful predecessor. On the European eShop, Metroid has a 4 star rating, while Metroid II: Return of Samus has 4 stars and-a-half! I know this is the wrong place to be asking such a question, but I just downloaded the first Metroid to give it a try, since I started liking the sequel a bit more. I've been hearing that it was a frustrating experience for most because of the difficulty. IGN has it on it's #6 for Best NES Games of All-Time.

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

719. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

Guys, do you think Metroid II is better than the first? Most of the people on this forum are recommending the black and white sequel over it's colorful predecessor. On the European eShop, Metroid has a 4 star rating, while Metroid II: Return of Samus has 4 stars and-a-half! I know this is the wrong place to be asking such a question, but I just downloaded the first Metroid to give it a try, since I started liking the sequel a bit more. I've been hearing that it was a frustrating experience for most because of the difficulty. IGN has it on it's #6 for Best NES Games of All-Time.

I could never get into Metroid 2. I still prefer the original over it.

As to recommendations, my top 5 eshop games so far are:

• Mutant Mudds
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Pushmo
  • Donkey Kong '94

You simply can't beat those games.

I do think Gunman Clive has the best price/value ratio, though. It's short, but the 3D is amazing, the gameplay is tight, and there are a variety of game modes. I'm particularly fond of duck mode myself.

Least favorite eshop games so far are probably Ketzal's Corridors and Denpa Men.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

RR529

720. Posted:

10. Zen/Marvel Pinball (Zen Studios)
9. Gunman Clive (Höberg Productions)
8. NightSky (Nicalis)
7. Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward)
6. Liberation Maiden (Level-5)
5. VVVVVV (Nicalis)
4. Cave Story (Nicalis)
3. Sakura Samurai (Nintendo)
2. Denpa Men: the Came by Wave (Genius Sonority)
1. Crimson Shroud (Level-5)

Honorable Mentions:

• Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid)
  • Family Tennis 3D (Arc System Works)
  • 3D Classics: TwinBee (Nintendo/Namco)
  • 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo)
  • 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (Nintendo)
  • 3D Classics: Xevious (Nintendo/Namco)

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)