3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

681. Posted:

Get denpa men, gunman clive, escapevektor, but dont ignore art of balance, and hydroventure
BTW GET 3D SPACE TANK ahem.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

rayword45

682. Posted:

^X-Scape in America. And I still say whoever renamed that title should be slapped repeatedly.

X-Scape, Art of Balance: Touch, EscapeVektor, Mighty Switch Force, Denpa Men and Dillon's Rolling Western. That should be somewhere in your range though I don't know all Euro prices.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

683. Posted:

So should I get Bomb Monkey or Planet Crashers?

Bomb Monkey ($4.99) Review = 7/10
Planet Crashers ($9.99) Review = 6/10

Bomb Money seems like it will be a short experience while Planet Crashers sounds like it won't be as much fun.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

rayword45

684. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

So should I get Bomb Monkey or Planet Crashers?

Bomb Monkey ($4.99) Review = 7/10
Planet Crashers ($9.99) Review = 6/10

Bomb Money seems like it will be a short experience while Planet Crashers sounds like it won't be as much fun.

Uh, can you list the 3DSWare games you already have? Because both are pretty bad choices from what I hear. BM lacks leaderboards and has the depth of a smartphone game. Planet Crashers just plain sucks.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

685. Posted:

Avoid both.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Birdman

686. Posted:

I've actually enjoyed Bomb Monkey a lot. While there are better options available on the eShop, it's still a fairly solid falling block puzzler and, provided you view it as the pick-up-and-play time killer it's meant to be, it'd be worth your time to check out.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

687. Posted:

What eshop games are there that are good?

I haven't bouht an eshop game in a long time

This is what i have

Pushmo
Bomb Monkey
Mighty Switch Force
Kid Icarus 3D classics

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

rayword45

688. Posted:

$25

X-Scape (DSiWare)
Art of Balance: Touch
Dillon's Rolling Western/EscapeVektor/Denpa Men (Depends on preferred genre, Tower Defense/Arcade/RPG)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

689. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

This is what i have

Pushmo
Bomb Monkey
Mighty Switch Force
Kid Icarus 3D classics

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure - Can't go wrong with a classic Nintendo title, now in 3D!

Denpa Men: They Came by Wave - Depends on how you feel about JRPGs, but it's my favorite eShop title (20-30 hours to beat story. 40-50 hours if you want to complete post story content).

Cave Story - Best sprite based platformer on the service, IMO. Great "Metroidvania" styled-gameplay, interesting story, and loads of extras to unlock (soundtrack is fantastic as well).

VVVVVV - The second best sprite based platformer on the service, IMO. Insanely difficult, but well placed checkpoints means it never gets frustrating. The collectible shiny trinkets & 18 extra "player levels" give it a good length too.

Mighty Switch Force - 3rd best sprite based platformer on the service, IMO. Not very long, but it's cheaper than the alternatives, so that's fine. Fun gameplay that's not quite as difficult as the alternatives makes it a great place to start.

Liberation Maiden - Fantastic game. Not very long, but it has great style & the 30 achievements will keep you coming back for a long time.

NightSky - Very relaxing game, and a nice change of pace from the usual fare (although there is the alternate mode if you crave more challenge). Very interesting atmosphere.

Mutant Mudds - a tad overrated, IMO, but it's still a great sprite based platformer. Once you've played through all the others, check this out & you won't be dissapointed (it has a boatload of content, that's for sure).

Family Tennis 3D - This game went under the radar, but it's a fun & charming little arcade styled tennis game that's great for quick pick up & play sessions.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

690. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
3D Classics Twinbee is the best shoot em up on the eshop so far and has the best 3D effect out of all the 3D classic titles. The Bell juggling mechanic is quite engaging and helps you rack up the points and acquire Power-ups. For $5 it is a good price to pay.

Crashmo is the sequel to Pushmo but feels like a fresh new take on the old formula instead of a rehash. The Pushing and pulling of Blocks in different angles is quite challenging and at the same time clever. Aside from the main game, you get bonus puzzles and a level editor similar to the first game which is always a plus. If you want a challenging Puzzler, $9 is a reasonable price.

Crimson Shroud is a quirky tabletop styled RPG with a twist of the Visual novel genre from the man behind Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. This is not your usual JRPG, in fact dont expect anything similar, it feels like playing the real Table top games. Almost every decision you make requires a dice roll, even the battle system uses it. This game can last you around 7 hours on the first play, but it is recommended to do multiple playthroughs. If you're looking for a well written, text heavy game with an engaging battle system, $8 doesn't seem like a bad price to pay. Also, The orchestrated sound track is nothing short of Amazing.

Ketzal's Corridors is one of my favorite Puzzle games on the eshop and a perfect fit for a Pick up and play title. Think of it as a 3D version of tetris(with great 3D effects too boot) with a coating of Aztec paint and a story mode added in. You control a Block that you can rotate and turn and you must fit him into each holes that is approaching. Your block's shape varies from each map you visit. You have three maps to complete and each with their own Mini games. For $7 it is highly recommended if you are a fan of the tetris formula and are looking for a new twist to the formula.

Rising Board is a great endless runner even if it is far from perfect due to its seldom cheap difficulty. The trick mechanic of the game is quite fun to pull of and rewarding at the same time as it gives you more points to buy more boards. There is a shop where you can buy and upgrade other boards but I have yet to see how they differ in performance. If you are int the mood for a pick up and play title with smooth 3D graphics and that family friendly chamr, $3 is a good price.

Sakura Samurai is basically a more complex Punch out style game with a Feudal Japan setting and storyline. You control a young warrior whose main attack is his upgradable sword and is tasked to save a princess from an overlord's castle. You should check it out for $7 if you're looking for an action oriented eshop title with that N64 charm.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RR529

691. Posted:

^in addition to the recommendations I already mentioned, I second @Onikato's 3D Classics: Twinbee & Sakura Samurai mentions (both great games).

I haven't played Crimson Shroud yet, but I plan on getting to it soon.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

692. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

This is what i have

Pushmo
Bomb Monkey
Mighty Switch Force
Kid Icarus 3D classics

By the way I played VVVVVV and 3D Classic: Kirby Adventure on my Brothers 3ds

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Birdman

693. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13 - If you're still looking for eShop recommendations, I'd recommend Mutant Mudds, Dillon's Rolling Western, Art of Balance TOUCH!, Denpa Men, and NightSky. If you're looking to get VC games too, Donkey Kong '94 (GB version), Mario'd Picross, CATRAP, WL:SML3, WL2 and Punch-Out!! are all favorites of mine. If you're including DSiWare in your search as well, Aura-Aura Climber, Candle Route, Castle Conqueror, Digger Dan & Kaboom, GO Series: Undead Storm, Go! Go! Kokopolo, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Starship Defense, Trajectile and X-Scape are all games worth looking into imo.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

RedPandas

694. Posted:

Hi guys, I'm new here and I was wondering if you guys can help me decide what to buy with $10.
I already have Crashmo and Twinbee and I was thinking of getting 4 $1.99 games.

I'm on the lines of:
Gunman Clive
Penguin Patrol
Aura Aura Climber
and Bookstore Dream... What do you guys think?

Edited on by RedPandas

RedPandas

AuthorMessage

rayword45

695. Posted:

If DSiWare is no problem to you (clearly not) get X-Scape. Then those 2 dollars (in order)

1. Escapee GO
2. Aura-Aura Climber
3. Gunman Clive
Not numbered. Save those up for something better

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

696. Posted:

@RedPandas - Definitely get Aura-Aura Climber; that game is phenomenal. I'd also consider looking into Candle Route and GO Series: Undead Storm for other good $2 game son the eShop.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

RedPandas

697. Posted:

I realized that I rarely like platformers, probably the only ones I like are Mario, so I took out Gunman Clive. I've decided to choose Aura Aura Climber, and was still wondering what I should do with the rest.

Should I get Ketzal's Corridors (ThruSpace) or Donkey Kong and Mole Mania together?

RedPandas

AuthorMessage

rayword45

698. Posted:

$8? Get X-Scape fool. Even if you don't like FPS game (and it's not that traditional) this is worth every damn penny. With a couple of extras or some multiplayer this would fit right onto a $35 cart.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

699. Posted:

@RedPandas - If you're not that big on platformers I'd recommend Ketzal's Corridors, since Donkey Kong (in any form, I'm presuming you're looking into the GB version) is a platformer; a puzzle platformer, but a platformer nonetheless.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

RedPandas

700. Posted:

@rayword45- Eh, not really my type of game. Sorry, but thanks for the recommendation! Maybe if one of my friends have it (hardly doubt it), and I get to try it out, I might like it.

@Birdman- Hm, that seems about right. I guess I'll get Donkey Kong next time, even though it's a platformer, it has puzzle elements. Thanks dude!

RedPandas