3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 661 to 680 of 1,259

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

661. Posted:

$20 eShop card! I need help deciding between escapeVektor and the Denpamen. Also, how does Megaman (the NES one) look and play on the 3DS?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

662. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also, how does Megaman (the NES one) look and play on the 3DS?

Kinda interested in that as well. I am hoping they dont pull the reverse button junk that the AC did on GC.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

663. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

$20 eShop card! I need help deciding between escapeVektor and the Denpamen. Also, how does Megaman (the NES one) look and play on the 3DS?

I can't comment on escapeVector, but I love Denpa Men (best eShop game I've played, IMO.

Denpa Men easily offers a 30 hour or so long quest (more if you want to complete the bonus dungeons, find all the treasure chests, or get really hooked to collecting different Denpa Men).

It all really depends on how much you enjoy traditional turn based combat & dungeon crawling, though. If you love it (like me), you'll definitely get your money's worth, but if not, you may find yourself getting bored. There aren't any random battles though, and the Denpa Men themselves add a unique quirkiness to the game, so it may be worth checking out, even if you're not usually into JRPGs.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

FarukoSH

664. Posted:

I have 30 dollars left on my eShop wallet, any recomendations ? i like RPG games, platform/action games too

My first 2 were Pushmo and Cave Story !

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

AuthorMessage

rayword45

665. Posted:

Good Platformer: Mighty Switch Force. Most original game on the service that isn't a lazy port.
Best action game: If EscapeVektor counts as Action, that works. Dillon's Rolling Western if otherwise.
RPG: You have 3 choices, and one (Planet Crashers) sucks. Both Crimson Shroud and Denpa Men are critically praised.

My way of spending $30:

X-Scape (FPS)
Mighty Switch Force
Art of Balance: Touch

And then save up another buck for DRW, EscapeVektor or Denpa Men

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

666. Posted:

FarukoSH wrote:

I have 30 dollars left on my eShop wallet, any recomendations ? i like RPG games, platform/action games too

My first 2 were Pushmo and Cave Story !

Denpa Men ($10)
Zelda Links Awakening DX ($6)
Wario Land $(5)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

667. Posted:

Man, 2012 was the year of the eShop. I have not realized just how AMAZING the amount of quality titles on here is. I couldn't afford everything I wanted with a $20 eShop card. 3DS's online offering is definitely 100x better than DSiWare.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

FarukoSH

668. Posted:

Looking for great Platform games, the only one i have right now its Cave Story, and Gunman Clive (both are SO GOOD), but i been looking at Fractured Soul, Mighty Switch Force, Soul of Darkness, etc...any suggestions ? i have 20 left on my wallet

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
PM me if you add

AuthorMessage

BenAV

669. Posted:

@FarukoSH Mighty Switch Force!
My favourite game on the 3DS (and Wii U) eShop.
If you're after a platformer, that's definitely the one I'd personally go for first.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

rayword45

670. Posted:

Mighty Switch Force is definitely my favorite platformer on the eShop.

A few other good platformers are Mighty Flip Champs (more emphasis on puzzle), Dark Void Zero and Shantae: Risky's Revenge (overrated due to the terrible map and sometimes annoying backtracking).

If you have a PC, don't get VVVVVV unless it goes on sale again. Many will recommend it, but the PC version has more content for a lesser price.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

671. Posted:

What others have already said. If you're looking for a great platformer get Miiiiiiighty SWITCH FORCE! I love it. It's beautiful, charming, good 3D effect, challenging, and replay able. Just keep in mind the switching mechanic does add in puzzle elements.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

672. Posted:

Mighty Switch Force! is great, I recommend it too.

Dark Void is an action game, not a platformer imo.

Mighty Flip Champs is good but I don't see it as a platformer either.

Soul of Darkness is a nice game. It's a Castlevania clone, it's good fun bit is short, very short. Still, I don't regret downloading it.

Tomorrow I'll get Crimson Shroud, Gunman Clive and probably Hana Samurai.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

lexxyomen

673. Posted:

Do you think it is better to get a digital Harvest Moon: a new beginning than the physical cart? If I'm correct, the digital has coins while the other don't.

lexxyomen

AuthorMessage

FarukoSH

674. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@FarukoSH Mighty Switch Force!
My favourite game on the 3DS (and Wii U) eShop.
If you're after a platformer, that's definitely the one I'd personally go for first.

since its 6, i just wen and download Mighty Switch Force, GREAT GAME...

PM me if you add

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

675. Posted:

Oh hi thar!
I've got about 50/60 € to drop on the eShop (40€ already in the eShop account through cards I was gifted for Christmas :D ).
I was actually considering buying a retail title: I'm a bit on the fence, can't decide what to buy between Virtue's Last Reward and possibly Paper Mario.

Also, I've been away from the 3DS scene for a couple of months, have I missed something worthwhile eShop-wise?

Thanks in advance! :D

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage

Karakato

676. Posted:

@Adhrast Crashmo/Fallblox, Night sky and Crimson Shroud are the highlights of the eshop titles released on Q4 2012, I highly recommend you get at least one of them.
Crashmo is good for those who want challenge, if you get past the first five levels though.
Crimson Shroud if you are looking for a fun little Tabletop/RPG/Visual novel hybrid with a beautiful presentation and great writing.
Night Sky if you want an abstract/atmospheric Puzzle platformer.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

677. Posted:

Onikato wrote:

@Adhrast Crashmo/Fallblox, Night sky and Crimson Shroud are the highlights of the eshop titles released on Q4 2012, I highly recommend you get at least one of them.
Crashmo is good for those who want challenge, if you get past the first five levels though.
Crimson Shroud if you are looking for a fun little Tabletop/RPG/Visual novel hybrid with a beautiful presentation and great writing.

Taking into account that I'm in Italy, so no Nightsky for me yet, I already have Crashmo/Fallblox and I'm really not that interested in Crimson Shroud, battles seem too long and boring and I'm not a huge fan of taple-top RPGs...
But in the end I decided to buy Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward even though I couldn't play 999, hoping I can enjoy it anyway and, most of all, trying to encourage the European publisher to bring even more awesome games :D

Still asking for advices on eShop titles, anyway :3

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

678. Posted:

lexxyomen wrote:

Do you think it is better to get a digital Harvest Moon: a new beginning than the physical cart? If I'm correct, the digital has coins while the other don't.

I would say get the download, not because of the coins. But because its a game to play on and off, and it's very convenient to have the download there. That's what I did. (But again the coins are an added bonus x3)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Karakato

679. Posted:

Adhrast wrote:

Taking into account that I'm in Italy, so no Nightsky for me yet, I already have Crashmo/Fallblox and I'm really not that interested in Crimson Shroud, battles seem too long and boring and I'm not a huge fan of taple-top RPGs...
But in the end I decided to buy Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward even though I couldn't play 999, hoping I can enjoy it anyway and, most of all, trying to encourage the European publisher to bring even more awesome games :D

Have you tried Hana Samurai then? I definitely enjoyed Hana Samurai(Sakura Samurai in other regions) since its battle system combines Hack and Slash elements with precise reflexes. Think of it as Punch out with a Feudal Japan paint coating with some "Adventure" elements thrown in. It's far from perfect though. The enemy diversity is a bit lacking making battles repetitive at times. That along with the Game's short 4 hour campaign are my only gripe with the game. There are other modes outside the main game, but they are mostly a 50-100 thug beat down challenge. If you're in the mood for some Punch out styled action with a N64 charm, Go for it.

As for the rest of the other notable eshop post Q4 releases, I haven't played them yet but I hear good things about them. I plan to buy them at some point, but this is the gist of what I know of them so far:

• Hydroventure is a physics based Platformer where you tilt or turn the 3DS system to maneuver your water based character around different landscapes.
  • Aero Porter Is a hectic eshop puzzler that relies on your management skills to sort out each color coded luggage to their respective outlets.
  • Gunman Clive is a seemingly decent Megaman Clone for $2 with god looking 3D graphics.

Personally, I'll be waiting for Space Harrier 3D, the impressions from the Japanese side of gaming has been phenomenal.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RR529

680. Posted:

Adhrast wrote:

Onikato wrote:

Is Denpa Men available in your region? It's the best eShop title out there, IMO.

Has traditional dungeon crawling RPG action (with a fair amount of challenge, especially with the post story content), nice looking graphics, it can take anywhere from 20-40 hours to complete (depending on whether or not you choose to do the bonus stuff), it never becomes repetitive since you have to change out your party for each dungeon (that also adds an extra layer of strategy), and the Denpa Men themselves add a unique quirky charm you won't find anywhere else (trying to catch many different kinds can be pretty addicting as well).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)