3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 621 to 640 of 1,259

AuthorMessage

RR529

621. Posted:

@RainbowCrasher, get the Denpa Men! Easily the best "3DSWare" game on the service.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

622. Posted:

PSN had tax, but since the hack, nobody has paid any tax (good for us!) so I can actually get a $20 card now and buy something that costs $19.99 on PSN. Wish Eshop was the same. Canadian taxes are awful. Ontario is 13%(!)

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

mozie

623. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

@RainbowCrasher, get the Denpa Men! Easily the best "3DSWare" game on the service.

^^^This

mozie

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

624. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

PSN had tax, but since the hack, nobody has paid any tax (good for us!) so I can actually get a $20 card now and buy something that costs $19.99 on PSN. Wish Eshop was the same. Canadian taxes are awful. Ontario is 13%(!)

yeah taxes for downloadable games will always be a "why does this exist" sort of thing for me

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

625. Posted:

will hydroventure be good???

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

626. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

will hydroventure be good???

From when I last heard, time travel hadn't been invented yet... So, we don't know!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

627. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

The Pushmo/Pullblox Crashmo/Fallblox games would like to have a talk with you but The Denpa Men is pretty addictive!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

RR529

628. Posted:

SirSmugleaf wrote:

RR529 wrote:

The Pushmo/Pullblox Crashmo/Fallblox games would like to have a talk with you but The Denpa Men is pretty addictive!

Oh, I've already had an extensive talking with Pushmo. It makes a good case, but can't beat Denpa Men (or Cave Story, or VVVVVV, or Mighty Switch Force!, or Sakura Samurai, or well you see where I'm going with this).

Seriously though, Pushmo is a great game, but I'm not that big a puzzle fan anyways, so you can understand if it's not my favorite (I still really enjoyed it though, which is a great credit towards it's quality).

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

629. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

SirSmugleaf wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Oh, I've already had an extensive talking with Pushmo. It makes a good case, but can't beat Denpa Men (or Cave Story, or VVVVVV, or Mighty Switch Force!, or Sakura Samurai, or well you see where I'm going with this).

Seriously though, Pushmo is a great game, but I'm not that big a puzzle fan anyways, so you can understand if it's not my favorite (I still really enjoyed it though, which is a great credit towards it's quality).

Ok, I guess it's fair enough if you just prefer Denpa Men, VVVVVV, Mighty Switch Force etc. to Pushmo...
This then reminds us just how quickly this service has built such a great library of games!

AuthorMessage

Shane904

630. Posted:

Hmm... I'm thinking of getting either Crimson Shroud or Aeroporter. They both seem equally appealing, and I think the idea in Aeroporter is quite clever. Anyone who has both, which do you think I should get? And about how long is the story mode in Crimson Shroud?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

mellloyellow02

631. Posted:

Should I get Professor Layton, Paper Mario or Scribblenauts Unlimted

mellloyellow02

Nintendo Network ID: mellloyellow

AuthorMessage

rayword45

632. Posted:

While I will recommend carts, I say Professor Layton is the best out of the 3, because it's the only one I played (lol) and it had the best critical reception. The 3DS version of Scribblenauts is a traditional counterpart to a retail title, watered down with lower-res graphics, so I can't recommend that unless you don't want have and don't want a Wii U (I can see the Wii U version dropping in price soon). Paper Mario is really hit-or-miss it seems. It's probably best you try it somewhere first.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

633. Posted:

I need an honest gamer's opinion on the following 3DS games, I've read review after review and I just don't know:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

rayword45

634. Posted:

Heroes of Ruin - I'll give it a 6 for the effort. Way too many flaws to be worth $40. Try around $15.
M&S London - Go play the demo. Really bland.

Haven't tried the rest.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

mellloyellow02

635. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

While I will recommend carts, I say Professor Layton is the best out of the 3, because it's the only one I played (lol) and it had the best critical reception. The 3DS version is a traditional counterpart to a retail title, watered down with lower-res graphics, so I can't recommend that unless you don't want have and don't want a Wii U (I can see the Wii U version dropping in price soon). Paper Mario is really hit-or-miss it seems. It's probably best you try it somewhere first.

I will probably download professor layton tomroow

mellloyellow02

Nintendo Network ID: mellloyellow

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

636. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I need an honest gamer's opinion on the following 3DS games, I've read review after review and I just don't know:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters

Code of Princess is easily the best game out of that list. By miles. Get it. Now. Why are you still reading this? Go buy it! Wait...why haven't I bou-I just blew 5 bucks on a preorder I never picked up!! UUUGH!!
/rushes to store.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

637. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters

I have these two:

Style Savvy Trendsetters

I can honestly say with out a doubt style savvy is worth every penny as far the game play goes. As far as Mario & Sonic at the 2012 Olympics goes I really liked it as well. The storyline is really interesting in the game & will keep you playing alot to follow the storyline. Both games have online function. Defently get both & try the demos for both gams in the e-shop. ;) You'll like them there really interesting/great games. ;) :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Colors 3D! My Gallery
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777

AuthorMessage

BenAV

638. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters

Code of Princess
Not out here so can't help you on that one, but I'd imagine it'd be the best of the lot.

Heroes of Ruin
Ended up being a bit disappointing, more due to high expectations rather than anything else.
It was enjoyable enough, and I got a good 45 hours out of it in the end, so I guess I can't complain too much.
Worth getting for a cheap price.

Rabbids Rumble
Haven't played this either, because I haven't bought it, because it doesn't look that good.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters
I enjoy having a wide range of different games, so I quite enjoyed this.
Played it for about 14 hours over two days and really enjoyed it.
Haven't gone back to it since, but probably will at some stage.

Judging by the demo, this seems pretty crappy to me.
Once again, I haven't played the actual game though.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

RR529

639. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters

I've played the demos of both M&S and HOR. HOR was better, but they were both pretty bland overall.

Code of Princess seems to be by far the most interesting choice on that list to me.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

640. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Rabbids Rumble
Style Savvy Trendsetters

I'm an honest gamer and I'd put off buying Code of Princess if I were you. It's a good looking game and the story mode is funny, but it's just too short. I think you might regret spending $40 on it.

You should try the demos for Style Savvy, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, and Heroes of Ruin if you haven't already.

...in my pants.