Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 1,229

AuthorMessage

RR529

581. Posted:

PoshSnivy wrote:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Is liberation maiden good?

Even though I haven't played it, i've heard enough of it to understand that it is a very entertaining and fun game to play, with very high production values, but It's a little too short for it's big price tag and has very little replay value...
So I guess It's up to if you don't mind blowing big cash..

lol, who said it has low replayability? It's a score based arcade style shooter, replayability is the point (it's the reason why literally every review I've read has said the short length is of little concern).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

582. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

PoshSnivy wrote:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Is liberation maiden good?

Even though I haven't played it, i've heard enough of it to understand that it is a very entertaining and fun game to play, with very high production values, but It's a little too short for it's big price tag and has very little replay value...
So I guess It's up to if you don't mind blowing big cash..

lol, who said it has low replayability? It's a score based arcade style shooter, replayability is the point (it's the reason why literally every review I've read has said the short length is of little concern).

Well I just remember someone saying that it has replayability. Like I said, I haven't played it, so I didn't personally pick it up. And I know it sounds stupid considering it's a score-based shooter. And a lot of reviewers actually did say that the short length WAS of concern here...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

RR529

583. Posted:

^Yes, the reviewers did say the short length was a negative (naturally), but said the replayability goes a long way in alleviating the problem.

The biggest knock I've saw against the game (and usually the deciding factor about how low a score it gets), is the control scheme. Somewhat resembling KI:U's ground sections, and not having a lefty friendly option.

BTW, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything :P Sorry if I'm coming off a little rough.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

584. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

^Yes, the reviewers did say the short length was a negative (naturally), but said the replayability goes a long way in alleviating the problem.

The biggest knock I've saw against the game (and usually the deciding factor about how low a score it gets), is the control scheme. Somewhat resembling KI:U's ground sections, and not having a lefty friendly option.

BTW, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything :P Sorry if I'm coming off a little rough.

It's all right. I shouldn't have given a recommendation on it anyway because I haven't actually played it.
But It does look like a lot of fun, so I think I'll pick it up when I have the spare cash...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

585. Posted:

Alright, so I heard that the eShop will be getting several Mega Man games. I'm thinking about giving the series a shot and thought games 1-3 would be the best way to go. Can anyone recommend a better selection or is this fine?

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

586. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

Alright, so I heard that the eShop will be getting several Mega Man games. I'm thinking about giving the series a shot and thought games 1-3 would be the best way to go. Can anyone recommend a better selection or is this fine?

I only played 1 &3. Played 1 recently, played 3 a long time ago. I remember having great fun with 3. It's quite hard though. I had real trouble with jumping on time..

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

587. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

I would say skip 1, it is the most aged out of the NES Mega Man games and doesn't really hold up today. 2 and 3 are fantastic games though, well worth checking out :)

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

rosebud

588. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

I would recommend getting Mega Man 2 and 3 first. I played these on the original NES back in the day and both are among the best. The first game is shorter and brutally difficult, but still worth the money. I would get the second game first as it is much more balanced and will get you used to how Mega Man games generally work.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

589. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

Being a huge fan of the Megaman series and the fact that I have played most of them several times since the days of the NES I would say if you are new to the series go with Megaman 2, 3, and 4. Those are by far the best of the series IMO. One is nice cause it shows you where it all started but as many people said can be brutally difficult (I am looking at you Iceman stage) and the difficulty can be a turn off to some players. Still if you are into that, one is a good game just not as polished as 2 3 or even 4.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

590. Posted:

im searching for a nice game with online leaderboards.
i do not want these games:
-birdmania
-liberation maiden
-pinball games

is there any cool shmup maybe?
no dsiware games either

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

591. Posted:

They should make a NEW game.
A game that has EPIC online features.
A game with a LENGTHY story line.
A game with LOCAL PLAY.
A game that is not a 2D side scroller.
A game with AMAZING visuals.
A game with amazing 3D.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

592. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine 2 is the answer :3

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

593. Posted:

Obviously Kid Icarus U is the answer. But that's not eShop.

Edited on by AddADashOfSalt

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

594. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Obviously Kid Icarus U is the answer.

If there is gonna be one on the Wii U

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

595. Posted:

Yeah, well I was talking about hypothetical games. Super Mario Sunshine 2 is another game that might or might not ever be made, nd so is Kid Icarus U. We can all hope though.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

596. Posted:

agreed :)

AuthorMessage

RR529

597. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

im searching for a nice game with online leaderboards.
i do not want these games:
-birdmania
-liberation maiden
-pinball games

is there any cool shmup maybe?
no dsiware games either

Fractured Soul has online leaderboards (for speed running records, I believe).

Outside of that, I believe the Pinball games are the only other eShop games that have leaderboards (Bird Mania & Liberation Maiden don't).

Any particular reason you're not interested in the pinball games (or even Liberation Maiden)? They're all some of the eShop's finest.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

598. Posted:

the demo for that marvel pinball game was lame and the camera angles were horrible.
i would love to get liberation maiden but i really dont like holding my 3DS with 3 fingers.
fractured soul isnt out yet in europe. and im afraid it will be too hard. but im very interested in that game.

i want some action game where i just play. where i get in a rush hunting for the next highscore. i feel like 50% of my 3DS/DS games are puzzlers :(

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

599. Posted:

Which would you recommend: NightSky or the DENPA Men? Both sound like a lot of fun, but I just can't seem to decide between the two. Any thoughts?

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

600. Posted:

I've got about $7 on my account and I was wondering if I should get Metroid II: Return of Samus or some of the NSMB2 DLC packs. What do you think?

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Boom. Backlog.
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero