3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,257

AuthorMessage

Hokori

561. Posted:

^twinbees difficulty is random TBH, sometimes I can get 100,000 Pts on level one other times I don't get that many until level 3...

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

iphys

562. Posted:

I find the difficulty varies because of the upgrades. If you get good upgrades you can easily last a while, but once you die you're in danger of losing all your lives before you manage to upgrade again. It's the same problem with Gradius.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Raiko

563. Posted:

I found Twinbee to be more enjoyable that Xevious because how differently you play it. You spend a lot of time juggling bells, trying to turn them into power-ups, which in turn will boost your score massively once you're strong enough. It's a really satisfying concept and makes it more than a typical shoot'em up.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Karakato

564. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Twinbee is the last 3D Classics game I have left to download (of all the 3D Classics games). I sorta want it. I was wondering how it compared to the difficulty in Xevious 3D. That game is frustratingly difficult....esp at Level 9 or so. D:

Get it zerks, while xevious appeases the masochists, I find Twinbee the more approachable shooter that still offers a good amount of challenge. I think it is the better game than Xevious, since it has more variety with you scoring more points through juggling the bells hidden in clouds while shooting down enemy crafts. Plus I find the 3D effect of the background more visually appealing, as if you were flying across a Cardboard Diorama. This has to be the best Arcade shooter on the eshop though that's not saying much(the service is in need for some Cave shooter ports IMO)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

565. Posted:

^ Oh, sounds like I will be getting Twinbee sometime in the near future. Can't commit to purchasing anymore games atm though. I'm beyond broke and already downloaded more than I can really afford. Thanks everyone for the responses! I'll get this come next paycheck, RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

566. Posted:

How is the bell system??? is it fun???

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

567. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

How is the bell system??? is it fun???

It's actually a little annoying, IMO. Not super annoying, but it's still difficult to concentrate on Juggling the bells, killing your enemies, and avoiding bullets, all at the same time.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

568. Posted:

Hey guys I just wanted to say that if you live in Europe, and you haven't got Let's Golf 3D, this is a great time to get it, as it is 67% (or 2/3) off! I got it for $9 here in Aus, and now you get get it for $3! Totally worth it and I'm so angry with myself i think I might need to jump off a bridge or something!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

Raiko

569. Posted:

How much content is in the game? Is it something I can get many hours out of?

Raiko

AuthorMessage

RR529

570. Posted:

IGN's October eShop roundup is in.

Get It:

• Cave Story
  • Mario Golf
  • NightSky
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins

Consider It:

• Pokémon Dream Radar
  • Dr. Mario
  • Sparkle Snapshots 3D
  • Gradius
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Castlevania: the Adventure

Don't Get It:

• Samurai G

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

571. Posted:

^Do they ever say anything after those or do they honestly expect everyone to take it at face value?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

572. Posted:

^They have a brief paragraph on their thought's on each game, but I'm on my 3DS, so unfortunately I can't post a link (figured if people are curious as to why IGN liked or disliked a game, they'd just go there).

Personally, I disagree with a few spots, but I figured people might like to know what major sites are saying about eShop games.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

573. Posted:

I got Art of Balance last week (blessed discounts) and so far I'm enjoying it more than pullblox. It's not as strategic and luck is often involved but I still have more fun.

I left pullblox around puzzle 110aprox and in AoB I'm already beyond 100.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Raiko

574. Posted:

Art of Balance is a much shorter game in my experience. 22 hours for Pullblox, just 6 for AoB, and i've fully completed both.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

rayword45

575. Posted:

Really? 6 hours? It took me around 10 to complete AoB and then I still have yet to complete the achievements (damn you Endurance mode for being so addictive yet so difficult). That, and the gameplay was much more appealing, as even the hardest challenges kept me trying for a long time, while Pushmo I just decided at a certain point to say "ah, screw it" and stop playing.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

WesCash

576. Posted:

Both Pushmo (Pullblox) and Art of Balance are great. Pushmo requires pure skill though, where AoB levels often involve some luck.
Sometimes I feel like I beat an AoB level a way I wasn't supposed to. Or as the third green light comes on, my tower is crashing to the ground.
I highly recommend either game.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Johnnytommy

577. Posted:

Getting a new game today but can't decide between freaky forms deluxe (loved the first), crossword plus (love crossword puzzles), or Layton (never played any of the past games)

Pokemon x fc: 2380-3843-9270
Electric safari: galvantula, helioptile, dedenne
UNO dsi fc 3955-6429-1406
Wii u name johnnytommy

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

578. Posted:

Johnnytommy wrote:

Getting a new game today but can't decide between freaky forms deluxe (loved the first), crossword plus (love crossword puzzles), or Layton (never played any of the past games)

To be honest, I would get Layton. I have not played, but heard it is very good :)

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

579. Posted:

Is liberation maiden good?

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

580. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Is liberation maiden good?

Even though I haven't played it, i've heard enough of it to understand that it is a very entertaining and fun game to play, with very high production values, but It's a little too short for it's big price tag and has very little replay value...
So I guess It's up to if you don't mind blowing big cash..

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)