3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,245

AuthorMessage

dogmaster312

541. Posted:

are the timing and controlls hard to get used to?

when freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!

AuthorMessage

RR529

542. Posted:

^It's pretty straightforward (if you're talking about Sakura Samurai), and the game starts out with a tutorial level that teaches you how to fight (it's not overbearing, either. It's a short level, but once your finished, you can stay as long as you want until you're comfortable, and you can go back to it at any time).

As for Dillon, I've heard it takes awhile to get used to, and nearly impossible if you're a lefty.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

dogmaster312

543. Posted:

i was talking about ss. so just a short tutorial level and you will know how to play? thats good. as for drw i have kiu and actually find the controlls enjoyable. sorry for wasting so much of your time with my idiotic questions and my indecisiveness. im going to go for ss this time and the others later. thanks for the help!

when freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!

AuthorMessage

RR529

544. Posted:

BTW, there are six village minigames in the game (two in each village).

Village 1:

• One where 10 watermelons are thrown at you, and you have to cut at least 5 to win.
  • One where watermelons are held up right in front of you (some have sad faces, some have happy faces). You have to slice 4 sad face melons in 30 secs (you lose if you don't get 4 in 30 secs, or if you hit even one happy face).

Village 2:

• One where small items (like leaves) slowly fall down in front of you. You have to slice one to win.
  • One where various items like logs, melons, oranges, ect (each move differently, of course) are thrown at you. You have to cut all of them to win (it has 3 difficulties).

Village 3:

• A harder version of the 10 watermelon challenge from the first village.
  • 3 harder difficulty sets of the cut everything challenge from village 2.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

545. Posted:

Don't be hasty to count Rolling western out if thats what you're thinking. Seeing that you can handle KIU's controls, DRW should be less demanding in terms of touch controls as all you'll be basically dragging down the stylus and releasing as if you were handling a pull-back car with some tapping for combo attacks and steering with the Cpad.

As for the meat of the game itself, you basically go from town to town, each spending three days. In the first half of each day, you scan the area searching for loot to either build the town's defenses or build weapon towers for battle. The latter half has you battling each wave of enemies in an hack'n-slash/tower-defense style, preventing them from breaching the town. After each day ends, you're prompted to take on three side quests or buy new gear for battle.

For an eshop title, it's one of the most substantial aside from Derpa men, with ten towns total and a couple of post game content if you're willing to 5 star all stages. I can definitely recommend this game to you, but Mutant mudds and Sakura Samurai are the better and less frustrating options imo so prioritize those two first.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

546. Posted:

Haiiii. So Im a getting 30 euros worth of game, tho I might save some money for denpa men (im getting fallblox, hydroventure and maybe cave story, tho I heard if u die you start the whole game again, is this true???)
I loved Pullblox because of all the content and the ace quality, liked Mighty switch force, though i despise the timed levels, loved VVVVVV because it nailed retro, unlike Mutant Mudds, which felt like an unfair and bland modern game with pixels to sell it. Art of balance was a fun casual dip in game, 3d classics Kirby was a romp, Speedthru was simple, yet complicatedly controlled and other conflicts, Dillons was fun and stylish. I tell yo this to help with my dillema
I want sakura samurai heaps, am intrigued by Liberation maiden, think twinbee could be cool, and im ignoring vc unless one of these sux.
edit: would also appreciate other recommendations. I will come to the vc thread for vc discussion

Edited on by RainbowCrasher

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Knux

547. Posted:

I have around $20 left of eShop funds, and it will likely be quite awhile before I can add more. I know that I'm getting Ghosts'n Goblins and Castlevania: The Adventure sometime after they are released next week, but I'm at a loss on whether to download Liberation Maiden or NightSky. Liberation Maiden looks more interesting, but NightSky got a perfect score on NL. I'm going to get both eventually, but which one is more of an immediate must buy? I'll likely not be buying either game the day they come out for the eShop either, so there will be time for impressions of both games.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

548. Posted:

Is Nightsky is a good as the legends say?

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

rayword45

549. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Haiiii. So Im a getting 30 euros worth of game, tho I might save some money for denpa men (im getting fallblox, hydroventure and maybe cave story, tho I heard if u die you start the whole game again, is this true???)
I loved Pullblox because of all the content and the ace quality, liked Mighty switch force, though i despise the timed levels, loved VVVVVV because it nailed retro, unlike Mutant Mudds, which felt like an unfair and bland modern game with pixels to sell it. Art of balance was a fun casual dip in game, 3d classics Kirby was a romp, Speedthru was simple, yet complicatedly controlled and other conflicts, Dillons was fun and stylish. I tell yo this to help with my dillema
I want sakura samurai heaps, am intrigued by Liberation maiden, think twinbee could be cool, and im ignoring vc unless one of these sux.
edit: would also appreciate other recommendations. I will come to the vc thread for vc discussion

Out of those 3, Sakura Samurai is a good game with plenty of extras, but it's quite short, very linear and has crappy graphics.
I can't speak for LM or Twinbee.

If you must get one game, get X-Scape (DSiWare).

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

550. Posted:

im also interested in pyramids, fun fun minigolf (is it really as bad as they say???), picrosse and dot runner complete. Onwards

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

551. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

im also interested in pyramids, fun fun minigolf (is it really as bad as they say???), picrosse and dot runner complete. Onwards

Well I had the demo for Pyramids, and it was RUBBISH! Seriously, don't waste your money on that unoriginal, badly crafted piece of junk.
I know as much about Fun Fun Minigolf Touch as you do, so, from what you heard, stay away from that. BUT, If you're interested in golf, Let's Golf 3D is, like, 75% off next week and I have that and enjoyed it so I highly recommend picking it up next week (If you're in Europe).
I have Picross E and I can report that it is a very addictive puzzle game, so it's a must-buy if you're a puzzle fan.
I have very little knowledge about Dot Runner complete, but I believe it's meh.
So they are my thoughts on those games. Hope it helps!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

552. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I have around $20 left of eShop funds, and it will likely be quite awhile before I can add more. I know that I'm getting Ghosts'n Goblins and Castlevania: The Adventure sometime after they are released next week, but I'm at a loss on whether to download Liberation Maiden or NightSky. Liberation Maiden looks more interesting, but NightSky got a perfect score on NL. I'm going to get both eventually, but which one is more of an immediate must buy? I'll likely not be buying either game the day they come out for the eShop either, so there will be time for impressions of both games.

Do you prefer some Anime arcade style 3D shooter with a little bit of T&A thrown in and wouldn't mind the unorthodox control methods? Get Suda 51's Liberation Maiden. Or are you in the mood for some Physics based Puzzle platformer that has that engaging abstract atmosphere and wouldn't mind the $10 payment? Get Night Sky.

Personally I'm a sucker for Artsy games as evidenced by my love for Journey and the art style games So I'll be getting Night Sky first.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Raiko

553. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Fun Fun Minigolf Touch! is an ok game, but it's really nothing amazing. The mechanics are simple and work, but there is a severe lack of content, with many courses being recycled multiple times. You'll get bored of it very quickly. Perhaps too quickly to justify the price tag. It's a shame there is no multiplayer. Even local multiplayer would have helped.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

554. Posted:

so ive narrowed it down to zen pinball, colors 3d, twinbee, sakura and lib maiden (picross-e, dot runner and pyramids as back-up) Do help

AuthorMessage

RR529

555. Posted:

@RainbowCrasher, Sakura Samurai, Liberation Maiden, & Zen Pinball

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

556. Posted:

@RainbowCrasher, i'd get Marvel Pinball Instead. Iron man alone is worth the price!

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

557. Posted:

@Sjoerd I heard the tables have less consistent quality and that the physics are worce. + Zen is cheaper. Still waiting for someone to say if twinbee is good.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

558. Posted:

Twinbee is good, but it's weird since when I really work at it to get a high score my score gets low, and when I just shoot the high score is really high

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

iphys

559. Posted:

Twinbee is good, but it loops after only something like 6 rounds, and it's not as challenging as Xevious, so I barely played it as much.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

560. Posted:

iphys wrote:

Twinbee is good, but it loops after only something like 6 rounds, and it's not as challenging as Xevious, so I barely played it as much.

Twinbee is the last 3D Classics game I have left to download (of all the 3D Classics games). I sorta want it. I was wondering how it compared to the difficulty in Xevious 3D. That game is frustratingly difficult....esp at Level 9 or so. D:

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99