• Hitori by Nikoli
  • Heyawake by Nikoli

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

522. Posted:

@RR529 Hey, is that Kamek on your avatar? Looks really nice! I remember her from my fave 2D side-scroller - 'Yoshi's Island'.
Bought 'Mighty Switch Force'.
Considering 'Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword' (EU release of Sakura Samurai).

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

RR529

523. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

@RR529 Hey, is that Kamek on your avatar? Looks really nice! I remember her from my fave 2D side-scroller - 'Yoshi's Island'.

Actually, it's Kammy Koopa from Paper Mario (and Paper Mario: TTYD).

I believe Kamek (from Yoshi's Island) is male.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

524. Posted:

Puch out or Art of the Sword?

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Tingle

525. Posted:

Punch Out, most definitely.

Also, I would recommend The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Sword of Hope II, Toki Tori, Super Mario Land I, II & III, and Colors!3D

Tingle

AuthorMessage

RR529

526. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Puch out or Art of the Sword?

Sakura Samurai, most definitely.

Although, I would also recommend LADX, Sword of Hope II, & Colors! 3D, like the fine fellow above me.

I would also recommend Metroid II, VVVVVV, Mega Man: DWR, Mighty Switch Force!, Denpa Men (depending where you're at), & Cave Story (depending where you're at).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

-Crystalline-

527. Posted:

The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons & Oracle Of Ages.

That is all.

-Crystalline-

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

528. Posted:

Not available yet, but I hope these games come out as soon as possible for the Virtual Console on the eShop.
Nostalgia always gets me when I think of these games. They are worthy prequels to the legendary Link's Awakening.
If only Nintendo were thinking on making more money..

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Shane904

529. Posted:

I'm probably going to get punched in the face for asking this, but is it worth my Club Nintendo points to get Urban Champion?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

530. Posted:

I've played the nes one and assuming nothing changed but it being 3d my answer is no.Very bland gameplay.

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

Shane904

531. Posted:

GrumpyGoomba wrote:

I've play the nes one and assuming nothing changed but it being 3d my answer is no.Very bland gameplay.

Hmm.. thanks. Anyone else?
And the only change according to what I can find is the addition of a 3D mode from a little bit of an angle.

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage

Hokori

532. Posted:

sak904 wrote:

GrumpyGoomba wrote:

I've play the nes one and assuming nothing changed but it being 3d my answer is no.Very bland gameplay.

Hmm.. thanks. Anyone else?
And the only change according to what I can find is the addition of a 3D mode from a little bit of an angle.

If they added online it would be a little more worth it, but as it stands,.. NO

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

RR529

533. Posted:

From what I've heard (from both professional reviewers & the community), Urban Champion is probably about the worst game Nintendo has ever made.

Someone once described it like this, "Take Street Fighter, remove choice of character, remove special attacks, and strip the core fighting system to it's barest, and then you have Urban Champion." Pretty much, it's a fighter, that lacks everything that makes a fighter fun. I guess you could argue that it's a fighter for newcomers (although I'm unaware of it's difficulty), but it's stripped so bare, that it's too dull to pull anyone in.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

dogmaster312

534. Posted:

just got denpa men and i still have 10 dollars. should i get dillon's rolling west, sakura samurai, or mutant mudds? i am not in too much of a hurry so take your time. i just would like other people's oppinions.

when freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!

AuthorMessage

RR529

535. Posted:

I'd say Sakura Samurai. It has fun, strategic gameplay, 3 tough bosses, 3 villages to visit (with minigames to play), upgradable sword, various items to use, an intense hard mode (unlocked after you beat the game), 3 "thug challenges" (which task you with beating 30, 50, & 100 enemies), and a garden viewing mode which blossoms with the more real world steps you take.

Mutant Mudds is also great if you have already played Mighty Switch Force!, VVVVVV, and Cave Story. Those three games offer more creativity, better nostalgic vibe, and better thought out difficulty than Mudds (while all 4 are difficult, Mudds is the only one that resorts to cheap tactics, like off screen enemy attacks & leaps of faith, towards the end). If you've played the others, Mudds is still a great play.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

dogmaster312

536. Posted:

what minigames are there in ss?

AuthorMessage

rayword45

537. Posted:

My Opinion:

1. Dillon's Rolling Western: It's very difficult and some may not like the genre-hybrids, but it's a very large, well-crafted game, totally worth $10. It's one of the longest games on the eShop, as well as the most unique with great music and graphics (very cartoon-looking)
2. Sakura Samurai: It's fun and packed with bonuses (30/50/100-enemy challenge, zen garden, expert mode), but rather short with Nintendo 64-esque graphics (apparently this is stylized? Never heard it being referred to as such until recently) and the gameplay could be a LOT less linear.
3. Mutant Mudds: This may change with the new levels, but overall, it's fun, but nothing special. The pacing isn't very fast for a platformer, and apparently some find this game too hard (I found it quite easy, while VVVVVV (another platformer) completely kicked my ass)

If you don't have either, the first two I shall are Mighty Switch Force (I'm a sucker for WayForward downloadables) and Art of Balance: Touch (A lengthy, well-designed puzzle game with very addictive qualities and some decent bonus content)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

dogmaster312

538. Posted:

i find puzzle games like pushmo to be waaaaaaaay too easy and puzzle games like ketzle too hard (not very good with fast paced under-pressure games, in fact i suck at them XD) but im not getting msf because i dont have enough blocks, besides its too short anyways. im looking for a long game and drw is pretty long, ss has a lot of unlockables and minigames, and mm is doubling in size with the 20 new levels for the granny character..... i still can't chose and im not going out looking for earth denpa men at 8 pm in the freezing cold XD. im so indecisive!! also i already have vvvvvv and cave story on pc.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

539. Posted:

dogmaster312 wrote:

Killing a set of 30 or 50 guys in record time

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

RR529

540. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

dogmaster312 wrote:

Killing a set of 30 or 50 guys in record time

He's asking about the village minigames. There's the watermelon cutting one (where you have to hit the thrown watermelons at the right time), & there are others as well (I haven't played them, but once the presidential debate finishes up, I'll boot up the game & see what they are). Oh, you also earn in game money for doing well in the minigames.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)