3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,229

AuthorMessage

RR529

501. Posted:

Skitrules wrote:

I haven't had time to try the demo but it looked pretty good but kinda kiddish so i wasn't sure
also i already have Sword of Hope II and that is a great game.

Don't let the "kiddy" graphics of Denpa Men fool you. According to Phillip_J_Reed (who has the full game for review purposes), the game gets a stiff challenge built up as it goes on. Apparently you'll constantly have to switch out your Denpa Men to keep a good strategic advantage (dungeons have elemental themes, and you'll want to make sure you have the correct Denpa Men in your party to tackle any situation).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Skitrules

502. Posted:

Hmmm sounds like my type of game i will probably try the demo soon to see if i like it for sure that will (hopefully) prevent me from spending my money on something else before the game comes out.

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

503. Posted:

If you like Mega Man, puzzling platformers and some unique dual screen challenge mixed with it being one of the hardest games on the eshop go with Fractured Soul, I have already beaten it and totally recommend it. Try the Denpa Men demo if you don't like it definitively go and get Fractured Soul.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

504. Posted:

Onikato wrote:

@Zeldalover
Wario Land is a must for any 3DS owner, Even today it stands the test of time by gameplay and level design.

I have to agree with you on Wario Land.
And yes. It is better than Mario Land 1 & 2 combined. Remembering those treasure collectables and the huge amount of coins I needed in order to own the entire planet. A classic 2D side-scroller! I had that one for my GBC as well.

RR529 wrote:

@Zeldalover, great choices! If you're looking for future purchases:

• VVVVVV - Really challenging, but it never feels cheap, due to the numerous checkpoints. In addition to the main game, there are 18 "player" levels, ensuring lots of playtime.
  • the Denpa Men: They Came by Wave - Releasing this Thursday, it's shaping up to be one of the finest eShop titles out there. There's currently a demo, so you can try it for yourself.

It's those two in particular that I have in mind.
I'm not sure which, but since 'The Denpa Men' is a brand-new game, it needs to be played and reviewed a little so that people can get an idea on what the gameplay will be like.

'VVVVVV' must be able to provide a real challenge for the player and that I personally think sells my ticket.
The graphical aspect of the game is a little weird for me though.
Edit: I just found out that it was released for the PC. On the other hand, it will play better on the 3DS.

Now I want Super Mario Bros. 3 (my favorite Mario of all-time) on the VC. That would be like an oasis in the desert.

What everyone would settle for would be a GBA game, but I guess we'd have to wait an eternity to get some.

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

505. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

Now I want Super Mario Bros. 3 (my favorite Mario of all-time) on the VC. That would be like an oasis in the desert.

Oh god it would - but Punch Out is the only NES title we've had so far outside of the Ambassador games, so I suppose we're in for a loooooonnnnngggggg wait... :(

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

506. Posted:

How good is Denpa Men? I plaid the demo is it worth $10 or should I get Muttant Mudds?

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

RR529

507. Posted:

^Denpa Men. I've been having tons of fun with it myself, and in NL's review, they said even the fastest player will still get around 15 hours from the main adventure.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

508. Posted:

It seems to call out to me even before the review. Is Fractured Soul the best purchase right now?

I've got $13 in eshop that I have had laying there for a while.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

Karakato

509. Posted:

@R-L-A-George Fractured soul is a good game but it isn't great or rather, other titles on the eshop outshine it. But If you enjoyed Chronos Twins(which is $5 btw) or are in the mood for some hardcore Run and Gun platforming mixed with Puzzle elements, it would do you good for the $12 price.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

510. Posted:

@Onikato I have not played Chronos Twins. I rarely get to buy downloads and I'm also careful, I was once forced to buy shovelware because my sisters wanted it on DSi even though I knew in the first place bad games existed in DSiware.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

511. Posted:

What about Cave Story? If I get Dream Radar, I'll have enough for it or two $5 games.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

512. Posted:

Have you played Cave Story yet? If not, Now's the best chance to try it out. It may be over ported, but Cave Story + is definitely the best platformer on the eshop.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

513. Posted:

I have not played Cave Story yet at all, maybe I should.

AuthorMessage

8GB

514. Posted:

Best 3DS eShop titles (in my opinion)

-Pushmo (Still haven't finished, I'm on the last set/world/pack)
-Mighty Switch Force (though way too short even with the extra levels)
-Mutant Mudds (Better than Mighty Switch Force in my opinion)
-Art of Balance TOUCH! (VERY entertaining and frustrating)

I still haven't played Cave Story, I shall download the eShop version very soon.

Xbox Live Gamertag: E14 4th UNIT
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0946-2235-6073

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

515. Posted:

@R-L-A-George
Do not get CaveStory, you'll end up liking it, like all these poor fools.
Save your money for Big the Cat 3D, thats coming out this year.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

516. Posted:

@8GB
You forgot to mention 'VVVVVV' (although it's a bit pricey and has less content than it's PC counterpart).
Is 'Art of Balance TOUCH!' worth getting?

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Karakato

517. Posted:

@Zeldalover Art of Balance TOUCH is indeed worth it if you're looking for a physics based puzzle game centered around stacking blocks of different shapes. There are plenty of puzzles and the variety of objectives is superb such as stacking the blocks over a pivoting platform or stacking the blocks to reach a maximum height for example. The presentation is crisp and clear giving you a feeling of "Zen", and its certainly one of the best looking 3D games on the shop. I say It's worth a shot for $5.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RR529

518. Posted:

My favorites (no particular order, unless mentioned):

• VVVVVV - My favorite of the 2D sprite based sidescrollers on eShop.
  • Cave Story - Haven't beat it yet, but it's shaping up to surpass VVVVVV.
  • Mighty Switch Force! - I'm usually not a big fan of puzzle platformers, but this game is simply amazing (and beautiful).
  • Mutant Mudds - not as good as the games mentioned above, but still very much worth a DL (especially if you enjoyed the games above).
  • Sakura Samurai - My favorite eShop title. Charming style, engaging gameplay, and villages to visit with things to do.
  • Family Tennis 3D - This kinda flew under the radar, but it hasn't got a bad review yet, and I can see why. It's just so darn addicting.
    The Denpa Men: they Came by Wave - Forget what I said about Sakura Samurai being my favorite. A full featured RPG with an almost Pokémon-ish obsession with building the perfect team. Great game, great value.
  • Zen/Marvel Pinball 3D - Both titles are great time killers. I wouldn't really recommend one over the other, so it's up to you.
  • 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure & Kid Icarus - Both are great ways to experience (or re-experience) these classics.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

519. Posted:

DonJumpMad wrote:

@R-L-A-George
Do not get CaveStory, you'll end up liking it, like all these poor fools.
Save your money for Big the Cat 3D, thats coming out this year.

I already did, though I have a few things to pick with it. Its a decent game, its a good game but a bit overrated, and I'll keep that suggestion in mind, I'm going to get more E-Shop cards anyway.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

520. Posted:

Zeldalover wrote:

Is 'Art of Balance TOUCH!' worth getting?

Yes. Yes. YES.

AoB: Touch is one of the finest-crafted games on the eShop, and in my opinion, it ties with Mighty Switch Force as the best eShop game available (though Dillon's Rolling Western isn't too far below, and Denpa Men may outrank these 2 although I'm not huge on RPGs).

It's quite lengthy (should take about 10 hours), has a great soundtrack and very simplistic yet sleek art style, and has some good replay value (Endurance mode/Achievements). Only thing missing is leaderboards for Endurance mode (which isn't that big of a problem) and a level editor (again, not a big problem),

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.