3DS eShop Forum

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,257

AuthorMessage

rayword45

461. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

WaveBoy - I would definitely recommend DRW ... if you're right-handed. The controls work, but only when you hold the stylus in your right hand, otherwise it's a complete mess. About the only other game on the eShop that could last longer than DRW is Pushmo. Definitely worth the $9.

Actually, VVVVVV could last longer if you're bad at it (player levels and medals). If you're like me and the minority and actually ENJOY Pyramids, that has far more possibilities as well.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

462. Posted:

@Rayword

Ugh, I actually had to complete the main game again because i accidently saved over Expert mode, but it was no biggie considering I blazed right through it like the ninja Gaiden DudeMyster that I am. :p As for expert mode, enemie attacks deliver 2x as much damage and they don't give you any life/peddles which
honestly for me isn't even that challenging considering I'm now a total Ryu Hayabusa Giaden master at Sakura Samura, to the point where getting hit is a complete rarity. :p I played 15 minutes of expert mode and decided to call it quits. Not interested in playing through the game for a 3rd time. If i hadn't deleted the expert modes save in the first place i would of glady played through Expert mode, but now i'm a bit burnt out over the game.

I also beat the 20, 50 and 100 Thug modes, and as for the garden...Ya, I'll just let the trees un-blossom & rot. :p

@RR529
Different strokes for sure, but I'm still definitly in the crazy minority with VVVVVV. You'll rarely Ever here somebody
disliking the game, everybody seems to be going ga ga over it and i can easily see why. :p I ended up finishing the main game with 1 trinket left to go.

@Birdman
I'll be checking out DRW after i finish Kenzels Korridors which i just downloaded a few minutes ago. And as for Pushmo, i still can't pass that bloody Ostrich Stage. I'm sure i'll get around to beating it one day but the amount of time that ends up being devoted to a single puzzle depending can take up an entire single gaming session.

Also, Pyarmids is on the 'maybe' list, along with Art of Balance. Other than that, don't see anything else that really interests me. Johnny Kung Fu looks kind of cool, but the reviews have been the complete opposite. eek!

So far, Not counting the NES 3D Classics(Which i have) I've got...

Pushmo
Mighty Switch Force
Sakura Samurai
MUtant Mudds
Kenzel Corridors
Zen Pinball - Deleted
VVVVVV - Deleted

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

463. Posted:

Is Tennis for the gameboy worth 150 club Nintendo coins

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

rayword45

464. Posted:

GrumpyGoomba wrote:

Is Tennis for the gameboy worth 150 club Nintendo coins

No.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

465. Posted:

@GrumpyGoomba - Considering you can purchase the game on the eShop for only $3, hell no. Save your coins for a better reward than that.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

466. Posted:

@rayword45 and Birdman thank you for replying.Nintendo needs to put good games on club nintendo unlike what they've been doing guess i will just get something else with my coins.

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

467. Posted:

Colors! 3D
Pushmo
3D Classics: Kid Icarus

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

468. Posted:

@skywardlink98 Pushmo is a great game I've spent over 25 hours on the game you can get player made levels which adds alot of replay to the game.I can't speak for the others though.

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

RR529

469. Posted:

IGN's August eShop recommendations are in!

Get:

• Toki Tori

Consider:

• 3D Solitaire
  • SpeedX 3D

Don't Get:

• Touch Battle Tank 3D
  • Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
  • VectorRacing

(They didn't give their opinion of Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D. No reason given).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

470. Posted:

Recommend So far B-) >

Pushmo
Mighty Switch Force
Sakura Samurai
Mutant Mudds
Kid Icarus: 3D
Excite Bike: 3D
Kirby's Adventure: 3D

And while Colors! 3D is great, they reallllly should of added music in it....It feels pretty lifeless and incomplete when you're working on a drawing to absolute dead silence and kind of unmotivating actually. Crickets chirping at least? Hell, I'd be satisfied 100% with even the Swapnote tunes. :p And i know i know, you can play your own music in the background so it's no real Back to the Future-biggie.

Also interested in getting Toki Tori Plus, i just absolutely adore the 1:1 aspect ratio in combination with the Purple GameBoy color when playing GBC games. :D Same deal with the GB and Game Gear. I'm dieing to see how they will all look on the XL's larger screens! Since there's no change in resolution, the increase in screen size i'm guessing will still make the games look crisp and sharp...At least I'm hoping.lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

471. Posted:

I got Toki Tori the other day, It's excellent! A very challenging but fun puzzle-platformer!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

RR529

472. Posted:

If you're not offended by the theme, I'd recommend Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D.

The controls are spot on, things get frentic pretty quick, and the 35 levels are more than enough for the asking price (trying to gold medal each one adds great replay as well). The numerous achievements & unlockables are just icing on the cake.

The only negative things I can say about it are that it's terribly unoriginal, and the graphics, while not bad, are plain (although they do an admirable job of making each level feel distinct).

Well worth the $4.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

473. Posted:

Have kind of fell off the 3DS eshop content this summer and was thinking of buying a points card. Was wondering what are some good reccomendations.

So far I have

Gameboy
Avenging Spirit
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid II : Return of Samus
Super Mario Land
Super Mario. Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Gameboy Color
Blaster Master: Enemy Below
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Game Gear
Sonic The Hedgehog : Triple Trouble

Dsiware
Art Style: Aquia
Dark Void Zero
Ivy the Kiwi
Mighty Flip. Champs
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Metal Torrent

3dsware
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Fun Fun Minigolf
Pushomo
Sakurai Samurai
3d classics twinbee
3d classics excitebike
3d classics xevious

Was thinking on these

Sword of hope 2
Plant crashers
Toki Tori
Mole Maina

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

474. Posted:

@Sony_70 Out of those four man, I say Sword of Hope 2 is the best. Mole Mania is the most original,and Toki Tori the most challenging.

Planet Crashers down right sucks.

I'd also recommend for you:
Wario land: Super Mario Land 3
Gargoyle's Quest
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

And i'd also add to wait for Fractured Soul coming out soon, looks super cool! Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZULs6anF7I

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

rayword45

475. Posted:

Out of those 4, I'd argue Toki Tori, but I'm a sucker for puzzle-platformers.

My recommendations? X-SCAPE X-SCAPE X-SCAPE X-SCAPE. For the most part, I rarely enjoy a first-person shooter, but this game was so well-crafted and engaging that I can't recommend any other eShop game (and very few DS retail games) over it. Worth far more then the asking price of 8 dollars.

Also recommend:

Art of Balance: Touch - Fantastic little puzzle game with loads of polish and charm, and a lot of content for $7
Dillon's Rolling Western - A bit of an odd one, but fun nonetheless. $10 may seem steep, but there's plenty of content.
Trajectile - Another DSiWare puzzler to kill some time, like many others.
Pop+ Solo - Simple game, but great for short bursts, and the soundtrack is beautiful.
Starship Defense - You sorta missed out on the Club Nintendo offer it seems, but as a person who payed full price (lol) I can say this is a great title with plenty of content that should last you over 12 hours.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

476. Posted:

How is Sakura Samurai?
I been on and off on getting it, I need to know whats your likes and dislikes about the game.
I heard its like punch-out, and I'm a big fan of punch-out.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

rayword45

477. Posted:

CEOJumpMad wrote:

How is Sakura Samurai?
I been on and off on getting it, I need to know whats your likes and dislikes about the game.

It's fairly similar to Punch-Out. The combat is a lot more limited but you have the freedom to move.

The game has plenty of extras
Hard difficulty means you'll play the campaign twice.
Villages are a nice touch and add a lot to do in the game
Boss Battles (and the entire levels of them) are great fun.

Dislikes:

The graphics are atrocious.
The regular levels (while still fun) are very small in terms of size
Short length (although this was remedied)
No online leaderboards for times (Just nitpicking here. Absolutely unnecessary, but Nintendo was able to add online features in many DSiWare games)

Overall, I'd recommend it, but there are other games I'd recommend first (X-Scape, Mighty Switch Force, Art of Balance: Touch, X-Scape, Dillon's Rolling Western, Order Up, several DSiWare (X-Scape is in a different league).

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

478. Posted:

CEOJumpMad wrote:

How is Sakura Samurai?

If punch-out is more of a "dodging incoming attack then attack" kind of game, then yes, you will love it. It gets pretty tight in the later levels too.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

RR529

479. Posted:

@Sony_70, Sword of Hope II is a must (best game on VC, alongside LADX & Metroid II). Gargoyle's Quest, Mega Man: DWR, & GG Shinobi are all highly recommended as well.

As for 3DSware, Family Tennis 3D is a suprisingly fun arcade style tennis game (hasn't had a negative review yet), and it has a charming presentation (the Japanese VA is particularly charming). Both Kirby's Adventure & Kid Icarus 3D Classics are musts.

@CEOJumpMad, Sakura Samurai is my favorite eShop game. The graphical style is purposeful, and I for one find it charming (I'm a sucker for anything in a Sengoku or Meiji era Japan). I also love the very strategic combat, and the later areas can get brutal.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

480. Posted:

Sakurai samurai is kind of like punch out. The last boss is stupidly hard though.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70